Doxycycline Inhibits Cancer Stem Cell-Like Properties via PAR1/FAK/PI3K/AKT Pathway in Pancreatic Cancer

Orome

The evidence accumulates that Doxycyline (and most likely Tetracylines in general) have a lot of beneficial effects beside the standard antibiotic. I for myself got particularly interested in it since it cured my very severe heartburn issues together with a chronic laryngitis from which I was suffering for more than a year. On some days I was even spitting blood because of it. 2 weeks of Doxycycline cured both and since then I never had an issue again. 100% symptom free now.
Obviously I was very happy about it but also very angry that something as simple and non-invasive could do the trick where dozens of doctor visits could not. The only thing the white coats could do was prescribe mega dosages of omeprazole which (of course) did nothing for my symptoms.

But anyway, this study indicates that Doxycycline could be also benefical for much more servere conditions:
Doxycycline Inhibits Cancer Stem Cell-Like Properties via PAR1/FAK/PI3K/AKT Pathway in Pancreatic Cancer

Abstract​

Pancreatic cancer stem cells (CSCs) play an important role in the promotion of invasion and metastasis of pancreatic cancer. Protease activation receptor 1 (PAR1) is closely related to malignant progression of tumors, however, its effects on pancreatic cancer stem cell-like (CSC-like) properties formation have not been reported. In this work, the effects of PAR1 on pancreatic cancer stem cell-like (CSC-like) properties formation were studied. PAR1 overexpression can induce CSC-like properties in Aspc-1 cells, whereas interference of PAR1 in Panc-1 cells showed the contrary results. Data on patients with pancreatic cancer obtained from TCGA showed that high PAR1 expression and focal adhesion kinase (FAK) protein considerably affect the prognosis of patients. Further experiments showed that PAR1 could regulate FAK, PI3K, and AKT phosphorylation and the epithelial-mesenchymal transformation (EMT) in Aspc-1 and Panc-1 cells. Doxycycline, as a PAR1 inhibitor, could effectively inhibit the CSC-like properties of pancreatic cancer cells and the FAK/PI3K/AKT pathway activation. Doxycycline inhibits the growth of pancreatic cancer and enhances the treatment effect of 5-fluorouracil (5-FU) in Panc-1 xenograft mouse model. In conclusion, PAR1 promotes the CSC-like properties and EMT of pancreatic cancer cells via the FAK/PI3K/AKT pathway. Doxycycline inhibits the pancreatic cancer through the PAR1/FAK/PI3K/AKT pathway and enhances the therapeutic effect of 5-FU.

Perry Staltic

Doctors are slaves of big pharma and insurance companies. They knoweth not what they do. A doctor friend of mine, though, told me that if doxy were developed today it probably wouldn't be classified as an antibiotic.

Doxycycline is unique among the many tetracycline derivatives, in that it has a clear dosing split between its cellular cytotoxic/antimicrobial effects (>100 mg) and its potential anti-inflammatory/antiviral/pro-ionophoric effects (40 mg).3,4,7,8,12 This may be an important consideration for low-dose doxycycline (20 mg twice daily) as a potential prophylactic treatment against COVID-19 infection.

Orome

Doctors are slaves of big pharma and insurance companies. They knoweth not what they do. A doctor friend of mine, though, told me that if doxy were developed today it probably wouldn't be classified as an antibiotic.

Fascinating - thanks for sharing.
About its benefical effects on corona virus I have also read a lot. But it's the same as with any other (potential) remedy which is NOT a vaccine. The effectiveness is downplayed and attempted to be refuted immediately (see other substances like Artemisia, Hydroxychloroquine...).

In Germany a major news outlet (which is funded by the government) recently published an article which said something like "A strong immune system is nice to have but totally useless for Covid. The only thing that can save you is the vaccine". And the fools (=readers) nodding this nonsense off just like that :doh

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
UG Krishnamurti Doxycycline impairs oxidative metabolism and causes eczema and bad skin Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 18
Advocate2021 Doxycycline vs. Amoxicillin? prescribed incidentally for ear/sinus infection but true goal has been to reap intestinal and other benefit Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 75
haidut Doxycycline Akin To Meldonium / Mildronate, May Cure Triple-negative Breast Cancer Scientific Studies 0
R Doxycycline For Weird Skin Issue Now Causing Oesophageal Pain Ask For Help or Advice 7
M Good Brand Of Doxycycline (as Alternative Of Efracea) Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 0
boris Can You Suck Slowly On A Doxycycline Tablet Like Penicillin? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 4
methylenewhite Doxycycline Prescription Easy Way. Malaria Prophylaxis Pharmaceutical Drugs 0
Makrosky Minocycline And Doxycycline And Tetra Cycline Can Cause Intracranial Hypertension Pharmaceutical Drugs 14
haidut Doxycycline Effective In Human Trial For Breast Cancer Scientific Studies 9
O Doxycycline (low And High Doses) Articles & Scientific Studies 9
P Blocking Human Fear Memory With The Matrix Metalloproteinase Inhibitor Doxycycline Articles & Scientific Studies 6
P Anabolic ,DHT Supporting Effect Of Doxycycline In Osteoblasts Articles & Scientific Studies 9
P Low Dose Doxycycline Decreases Systemic Inflammation And Improves Glycemic Control, Lipid Profiles, Articles & Scientific Studies 5
yurt Vitamin C And Doxycycline Highly Effective Against Cancer Stem Cells Scientific Studies 19
haidut Niacinamide And Doxycycline May Treat Alzheimer Disease (AD) Scientific Studies 7
ddjd Tetracycline V Monocyline V Doxycycline? Ask For Help or Advice 1
L 20 Days Of Doxycycline - Help Welcome Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 4
T Blocking PTSD With Doxycycline Scientific Studies 7
S Doxycycline Alternative For Headache? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 3
thegiantess Doxycycline For Some Weird Rosacea Thing? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 7
haidut Aspirin, Doxycycline, Lysine And RU486 Combo Prevents Cancer Metastases Scientific Studies 17
N Iron Results After 2 Weeks Of Doxycycline: Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 7
chris Experiences With Antibiotics? (Tetracycline, Doxycycline, Minocycline) Pharmaceutical Drugs 32
cjm "Vitamin E inhibits the activation of NF‐kB, with the greatest inhibition seen with the succinate form." Scientific Studies 2
H Apigenin inhibits rat neurosteroidogenic 5α-reductase 1 and 3α-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase Scientific Studies 2
A Octreotide Inhibits GH, Serotonin, Prolactin, TSH, Insulin Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 0
Mito Methylene Blue Inhibits the SARS-CoV-2 Spike-ACE2 Protein Miscellaneous Health Discussions 6
shine PQQ inhibits lactate formation, increases lactate to pyruvate conversion, improves NAD+/NADH ratio Scientific Studies 0
haidut Androgens Boost, Estrogen Inhibits, Anti-aging Gene Klotho Scientific Studies 1
haidut Estrogen Lowers T, DHT, And Fertility; Inhibits 5α-Reductase (5-AR) Scientific Studies 13
meatbag Cod-liver Oil Inhibits Gastric Secretion Articles & Scientific Studies 7
Hgreen56 Niacinamide Inhibits Fatloss And Niacin Improve It? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 10
S.Seneff Russia Compounds That Chelate Iron And Inhibits Potential Mitochlndrial Calcium Overload Scientific Studies 1
S.Seneff Melatonin Inhibits Warburg-dependent Cancer By Redirecting Glucose Oxidation To The Mitochondria Articles & Scientific Studies 2
haidut High-salt Diet Strongly Inhibits Cancer Growth Scientific Studies 12
S COVID-19 Aspirin Inhibits Antibody Production In Human Cells Viruses, Parasites, Fungus, Vaccines 15
GorillaHead Quercetin Inhibits Finasteride From Reducing Serum DHT? Scientific Studies 10
Adrenaline Lidocaine Inhibits Collagen Accumulation (Fibrosis) Scientific Studies 2
meatbag Lipoic Acid Inhibits NO Synthesis As Powerfully As Methylarginine Scientific Studies 2
Adrenaline Lidocaine Inhibits Noradrenaline Scientific Studies 9
meatbag DHEA Inhibits The Activation And Dysfunction Of Endothelial Cells Induced By High Scientific Studies 0
ddjd Why Does Everything That Inhibits 11β-HSD1 (lowers Cortisol) Increase My Belly Fat? Ask For Help or Advice 54
jzeno Capsaicin, A Component Of Red Peppers, Inhibits The Growth Of Mutant Prostate Cancer Cells Scientific Studies 0
Ihor Coffee Inhibits Fats Digestion Coffee 21
Batbat Niacinamide Inhibits Hair Growth B3/Niacinamide 7
E Vitamin D Inhibits Serotonin Reuptake [SERT], Inhibits Serotonin Degradation [MAO], And Increases Se Scientific Studies 49
S Yeast Extract Stimulates Glucose Metabolism And Inhibits Lipolysis In Rat Adipocytes In Vitro Scientific Studies 9
Gadsie Glycine Inhibits Formation Of Blood Vessels In (colon) Tumors Scientific Studies 1
L Oral Exposure To The Free Amino Acid Glycine Inhibits The Acute Allergic Response In A Model Of Cow' Scientific Studies 13
D Estrogen Significantly Inhibits Hepcidine Synthesis Scientific Studies 8