Doxycycline impairs oxidative metabolism and causes eczema and bad skin

So I've fixed my eczema for the past 4 months by eating Ray's way and more importantly adding VIT K + D - which was the main culprit of getting rid of ezcema first time since my 20's. I've been eczema free up until 7 days ago when I started experimenting with doxycycline:

1 day: 300mg doxy
2 day: 300mg doxy
3 day: 200mg doxy
4 day: 200mg doxy
5 day: 200mg doxy
6 day: 100mg doxy

And ever since my third day my eczema is back on my face. Redness, flakiness, itchiness. And also very dry/itchy and flaky scalp. I've also stopped using VIT K + D two days before I started using doxy - since I ran out. I don't know if that would slow down the oxidative damage and maybe not cause eczema to such extent.

Energy-wise I'm ok. My chest pains have increased a bit compared to the way things were before which is also indicative of some respiratory stress.

I'm definitely stopping the use of doxy starting today and hopefully my skin will improve. I'm just hoping it won't take a long time to do so.

I also know that Ray has says that doxycycline is just a higher potency VIT K - being a quinone - which in my experience is far from true.

"Here, we report that in human cell lines, commonly used concentrations of doxycycline change gene expression patterns and concomitantly shift metabolism towards a more glycolytic phenotype, evidenced by increased lactate secretion and reduced oxygen consumption. We also show that these concentrations are sufficient to slow proliferation."

"In our study, we show that the antibiotic doxycycline is effective in targeting glioblastoma through inducing mitochondrial dysfunctions and oxidative stress."

OP
UG Krishnamurti
I had a bit of eczema, riboflavin helped.
Eczema after using doxy?

Did you take isolated B2 or in food? I was upping my liver for the fear of missing something like b vitamins or Vit A but it just didn't cut it.

I'm thinking about going for full 10 days but I'm not sure.

How long did you take it and what were your dosages and your general experiences? Did you improve anything?

Motif

Eczema after using doxy?

Did you take isolated B2 or in food? I was upping my liver for the fear of missing something like b vitamins or Vit A but it just didn't cut it.

How long did you take it and what were your dosages and your general experiences? Did you improve anything?

what does your diet look like?
If doxy really caused this - why not just continue with what you did before?

i struggle with the same issue and improved it a lot the last days, but I can’t say what really helped, cause I changed a lot over the last weeks.

my guess for me is that it’s mainly mineral deficiency/ imbalances.

but seems like there’s lot of different causes for eczema and dermatitis.

OP
UG Krishnamurti
what does your diet look like?
If doxy really caused this - why not just continue with what you did before?

i struggle with the same issue and improved it a lot the last days, but I can’t say what really helped, cause I changed a lot over the last weeks.

my guess for me is that it’s mainly mineral deficiency/ imbalances.

but seems like there’s lot of different causes for eczema and dermatitis.
It looks the same as the past 7-8 months.

Fruits for breakfast. Carrot salat. On weekend liver and oysters. Monday/Tuesday minced beef with mushroom. Everything else is other fruit mushrooms potatoes milk cheese OJ gelatin pasta 2 eggs a day etc.

It is the same as now only now I added Doxy which messed things up.

Motif

Fruits for breakfast. Carrot salat. On weekend liver and oysters. Monday/Tuesday minced beef with mushroom. Everything else is other fruit mushrooms potatoes milk cheese OJ gelatin pasta 2 eggs a day etc.

i would simply stop it then and see if it disappears again.

but I would be also interested why this is causing this/ and if it’s not causing it - why it came back when the diet is the same ?‍♂️

Motif

i would simply stop it then and see if it disappears again.

but I would be also interested why this is causing this/ and if it’s not causing it - why it came back when the diet is the same ?‍♂️

OP
UG Krishnamurti
How would you know?
Because I had the same face for years when eating "healthy", "unhealthy" "normal" and I never knew why. Sometimes it came after certain food sometimes it didn't. It never made sense.

Up until adding VIT K + D which fixed it indefinitely no matter what I ate. And for 4 months straight.

Now, after using doxy I get the same symptoms that I had all of these years. And it's getting worse each day. If I add 2+2 up, if I look at the study which shows that doxy impairs oxidative metabolism, increased lactate secretion and reduced oxygen consumption I can see that the eczema is the state of low oxidative metabolism and/or increased lactate and/or impaired mitochondria which doxycycline has been shown to induce.

I'm not saying it may not have some benefits or positives but in my case it's best If we go separate ways for now.

PolishSun

Eczema after using doxy?

I don't think it was eczema after doxy, because I used doxy few month before it appeared. But I never had in my life before. It was around my left eye, at the side, where the sun shines to when I work. Riboflavin 100 mg a day for a week, skin got fine, and I stopped. It did not come back after 2 years.

Motif

I don't think it was eczema after doxy, because I used doxy few month before it appeared. But I never had in my life before. It was around my left eye, at the side, where the sun shines to when I work. Riboflavin 100 mg a day for a week, skin got fine, and I stopped. It did not come back after 2 years.

how long did you have the eczema?

But seems like this kind of eczema and dermatitis habe different causes for everybody

Last edited:

PolishSun

I had it for about a month, until I read that it can be from the lack of riboflavin. I did not connect it with the use of doxy.

FacelessMan

So I've fixed my eczema for the past 4 months by eating Ray's way and more importantly adding VIT K + D - which was the main culprit of getting rid of ezcema first time since my 20's. I've been eczema free up until 7 days ago when I started experimenting with doxycycline:

1 day: 300mg doxy
2 day: 300mg doxy
3 day: 200mg doxy
4 day: 200mg doxy
5 day: 200mg doxy
6 day: 100mg doxy

And ever since my third day my eczema is back on my face. Redness, flakiness, itchiness. And also very dry/itchy and flaky scalp. I've also stopped using VIT K + D two days before I started using doxy - since I ran out. I don't know if that would slow down the oxidative damage and maybe not cause eczema to such extent.

Energy-wise I'm ok. My chest pains have increased a bit compared to the way things were before which is also indicative of some respiratory stress.

I'm definitely stopping the use of doxy starting today and hopefully my skin will improve. I'm just hoping it won't take a long time to do so.

I also know that Ray has says that doxycycline is just a higher potency VIT K - being a quinone - which in my experience is far from true.

"Here, we report that in human cell lines, commonly used concentrations of doxycycline change gene expression patterns and concomitantly shift metabolism towards a more glycolytic phenotype, evidenced by increased lactate secretion and reduced oxygen consumption. We also show that these concentrations are sufficient to slow proliferation."

"In our study, we show that the antibiotic doxycycline is effective in targeting glioblastoma through inducing mitochondrial dysfunctions and oxidative stress."
What was your dosage of D and K? Also did you apply topically or take internally?

OP
UG Krishnamurti
What was your dosage of D and K? Also did you apply topically or take internally?
I was using Thorne VIT K + D and on average I've been using 20-40 drops topically.

On belly button, intestine, ears, chest. I rarely apply on all of them in one day. But I do ears daily I would say.

Haidut's Kuinone arrived today so I'm going to see what benefits that bring.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom