Down To 2 F Last Night

BingDing

So I was just cooking away like a little baked potato under all my blankets, until about 4 when I had to pee. OMG, instant shivers. Almost wrenched my neck getting back under the covers. But I was pleased to be generating so much heat.

charlie

The Law & Order Admin
Its 1 degree right now with a windchill of -9. Water pipes just about froze up last night, only a trickle of water coming through them now.

HDD

36 degrees in the Sunshine State. Brrrrrrrr

4peatssake

Twas a balmy -21 C with a windchill of -40 C (or -5.8 F with windchill of -40 F) overnight here.
Planes were grounded at Pearson International Airport in Toronto by 6 am. Virtually all incoming flights today are cancelled.
Bone crushing cold but I'm pretty toasted indoors.

HDD

I will stop complaining.

4peatssake

4peatssake said:
Actually not toasted (a good idea though) but toasty - honest. ;)

4peatssake

charlie

The Law & Order Admin
4peatssake said:
4peatssake said:
Actually not toasted (a good idea though) but toasty - honest. ;)
Put down the spiked eggnog! Christmas is over! :lol:

4peatssake

Charlie said:
Put down the spiked eggnog! Christmas is over! :lol:

juanitacarlos

4peatssake said:
Twas a balmy -21 C with a windchill of -40 C (or -5.8 F with windchill of -40 F) overnight here.
Planes were grounded at Pearson International Airport in Toronto by 6 am. Virtually all incoming flights today are cancelled.

Dude, whoah! That is harsh.

It was a 40C/105F here a couple of days ago.

4peatssake

That's it, I'm on my way down under!

My niece who lives in Winnipeg, Manitoba (aka Winterpeg) just sent me this message, "Pfft, -37. You guys are cute with your mildly chilly weather."

Last month they recorded the coldest temperature in 80 years - -37.9 C That's not windchill, that's the actual temperature. With the windchill, temps were up to -53 C, colder than Mars!

Frigid Winnipeg temperatures reach as cold as the planet Mars

HDD

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 488

juanitacarlos

Wow. That is just insane! I can't even imagine what that feels like. I was in Instanbul a couple of years ago and it snowed and was -2C. I felt like I was trekking in Antarctica. I realise now I am a *****.

4peatssake

There are some upsides! When I was a kid I loved our winter activities. You gotta know how to dress for it and be a bit of a dare devil. :shock:

HDD

I'm not buying it 4ps! This is a picture of my winter memories! :D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 455
I expected a story about increased libido or something... o_O

As far as temperatures go, it reached a toasty 111F before noon in AZ. But y'know, it's a dry heat.
:dead:

Today was the first hot day of the year in LA. It's 90 by the coast and 100 plus inland. We get heatwaves here in Sept. and early October.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Hans Relieve PSSD down with this mineral Articles & Scientific Studies 23
Highserotonin90 Inhibit / slow down excessive Fatty acid oxidation (FAO). Experiments 18
Herbie Ray used thyroid to slow his metabolism down. Everyone else doing the opposite. Danny Roddy 26
T Hair Loss Is Really Getting Me Down, Advice Needed Hair & Nails 19
M How To Calm Down The Nervous System ? Ask For Help or Advice 11
BigYellowLemon Is AllDayChemist Down? Pharmaceutical Drugs 0
B Time Slowing Down Metabolism 18
E Down The Deepest Rabbit Hole, Connecting The Dots Society 2
Drareg UK COVID19 Numbers Revised Down By 5000 Articles & Scientific Studies 0
not_James_Bond Coronavirus: WTO Head Steps Down A Year Early As Downturn Looms Breaking News 4
A The Day Will Come When They Can't Walk Down The Street Children 0
P Tobacco Smokers And COVID-19 - Quit, Continue, Cut Down, What? Alcohol, Tobacco, Drugs 10
jzeno Epoch Times: Tracking Down The Origin Of The Wuhan Coronavirus Breaking News 8
D 1st Documentary Movie On The Origin Of CCP Virus, Tracking Down The Origin Of The Wuhan Coronavirus Video 4
M Our Rights Are Going Down The Toilet America No More Ray Peat Topics 1
T Fort Detrick Laboratory Restored To Full Operations After Being Shut Down By CDC Political Talk, Alternative World Theories 6
ecstatichamster A Friend Got Flu Shot And Came Down With Covid-19 Type Sick Viruses, Parasites, Fungus, Vaccines 3
M Kiwi Fruits And Tomato Juice Calmed Down Ask For Help or Advice 3
Mauritio Mainstream Article: "Slowing Down -- Is Aging Caused By Decreased Cellular Metabolism?" Scientific Studies 1
L Anyone Know Why Idealabsdc Is Down? Ask For Help or Advice 2
J Are Starches Broken Down With α-amylase Generally OK? Digestion, Gut Flora 5
haidut Down Syndrome (DS) Cognitive Handicap Is Due To (cellular) Stress, May Be Reversible Scientific Studies 7
Hitchens Psilocybin 5-H2ta Serotonergic Agonist Down Regulator Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 16
jzeno Reviewing Amazon Purchases--In 2018 I Spent $1.8k In Supplements. In 2019 I Got That Down To ~$75 The Ray Peat Forum Lounge 1
vulture How To Slow Down Cynomel (T3) Absorption? T3 11
A How Can I Get My Parathyroid Hormon Down? Blood Work, Labs 7
JanP Could The Caffeine Slow Down Metabolic Rate, When Calories Are Not Abundant? Ask For Help or Advice 1
encerent How To Calm Down And Recover Metabolism After Very Bitter Arguments? Ask For Help or Advice 28
R I Think My Adrenals Are Shut Down - HELP Cortisol, Serotonin, Histamine 2
debored13 Thymosin Alpha1-Fc Modulates The Immune System And Down-regulates The Progression Of Melanoma And Br Scientific Studies 1
LuMonty Heart Rate Changes For The Better While Face Down Heart, Heart Rate, Blood Pressure 0
T Wide Awake With Shakes When Lying Down To Sleep Insomnia, Sleep Issues 7
X Easy Ways To Slow Down Metabolism? Diet 5
E Top-down Or Bottom-up? Ask For Help or Advice 9
A Fasting Blood Glucose Down From 200 To 120 With Magnesium Ask For Help or Advice 3
J GLA And PSO To Slow Down Hair Loss? Hair & Nails 9
yerrag Trump Admin To Crack Down On Soy? Diet 2
Y How To Down Regulate Adrenaline Blood Sugar 1
yerrag Ray Peat Website Search Function Has Been Down For Awhile Articles & Newsletters 2
C Why Do Some Things That Increase Dopamine Down Regulate Receptors While Others Don’t? Ask For Help or Advice 4
biggirlkisss Tired Need To Lie Down Sometimes After Eatting Ask For Help or Advice 2
Luann Sci-Hub Gets Told To Shut Down Scientific Studies 18
yerrag Thyroid+Pregnonolone+Progesterone: Why Did Temperature Go Down? Thyroid and Hormones 8
haidut Epigenetic Changes Can Be Passed Down For At Least 14 Generations Scientific Studies 5
W Forum Website Down So Often! The Ray Peat Forum Lounge 0
johnwester130 How Could You Break Down Topical Calcification And Fibrosis Hair & Nails 28
R DHT Gel Shuts Down LH, FSH, Estradiol And T But Sustained Sexual Function Ask For Help or Advice 3
ecstatichamster Calcium Speeds Up Prostate Cancer (but Fructose Slows It Down) Miscellaneous Health Discussions 10
biggirlkisss Easy To Break Down Soup With Pork Recipe Ask For Help or Advice 0
Tourist Up And Down Labs (gfr, Glucose, Tsh, Etc. ) Blood Work, Labs 0