Double Protein Milk

Discussion in 'Milk' started by Stryker, Apr 12, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Stryker

Stryker Member

anyone been buying this milk? i dont know if it exists outside of australia or not but here its made by a company called "The Complete Dairy"

it has 60 grams of protein and 1740mg of calcium per liter! , so you can basically get your daily protein and calcium quota with 2 litres of milk.

the taste isnt any different really and it come in 1.5% fat and 3.4% fat

2. Tenacity

Tenacity Member

What's the price like compared to standard milks?

3. Such_Saturation

Such_Saturation Member

Probably has powdered milk...

4. tara

tara Member

I buy a double protein milk for my kids because they like it. I want them to drink milk, so they get a say in what I buy. It's a bit more expensive than standard milk, but not double the price. I don't know how they make it, but I don't think it can be just by adding milk powder, because it's only the protein that is doubled, not the lactose or fat.

5. Such_Saturation

Such_Saturation Member

But then it's even more processed :confused:

6. lindsay

lindsay Member

I like to call double protein milk cheese :) 8 oz. of aged cheese has about 60 grams of protein, a good amount of vitamin A and K2. Otherwise, I would just add some gelatin to milk. But that's me :)

7. tara

tara Member

Maybe. But I still want my kids to drink milk, and if they get what they ask for they are more likely to. It's probably still a lot better than many of the alternatives they could fill themselves up on.

8. DavidGardner

DavidGardner Member

In the states now we have Fair Life milk which is filtered to remove some of the sugars while retaining more protein. In other words, the protein is not added to it, the composition is just altered through the filtration. The fat free has 13 g protein, 6 g sugar. Personally, I like to eat my protein, though, so I'd go for cottage cheese or Greek yogurt.

9. tyler

tyler Member

Been adding some casein powder to my milk (Naked brand) to up the protein and I've been feeling great since starting.

10. supernature

supernature Member

:+1 Even both mixed with pickles and chinese cabbage and seasonings makes a good nutritious meal. One should be aware only of the fermentation, so i guess empty stomach is required. If no time for sitting, always can throw them in the blender as an ingredients for shake.

11. OP
    Stryker

Stryker Member

were i am i think around 2.50 a litre , which is equivalent to other "premium" milks
    thats what i was thinking but they claim to add nothing , they use a "cold filtration" to retain more of the protein.. whatever that means exactly

12. Such_Saturation

Such_Saturation Member

Nice!

13. Tenacity

Tenacity Member

Double the protein, double the price it seems. Thanks!