Dosing T3, Why Such A Big Gap In Opinions And Science?

superhuman

Hello

I have read all the scientific articles about T3 dosing, ive also read all the books etc about T3 dosing etc.
I was wondering why there is such a big gap between the opinions in terms of the dosing of T3 and i mean the frequency.

The scientific studies use a variety of dosing but it usually varies from one to four times a day dosing. That means they use way more then 4 mcg at once like Ray recommends. When you look at the results, they get the same results from the T3 dosing. Science say that the half life of T3 is 2-3 days and some say its shorter, some say its as short as 8 or 12 hours. But way longer then Ray talks about.
So i was wondering what you guys have experiemented with ? i have talked to people (bodybuilders) etc that uses T3 and they dose once or twice a day with like 50 or 100 mcg dose when they take it. They have taken labs as well and their lab is TSH 0.02 etc and they are warm and toasty and get all the effects that you should get from it.

So would be cool to discuss and talk about what experience people here have had

Alex Prather

I am very curious as well. I have been peating for over 1 year now and my morning temps were in the high 96's. Started taking 50 mcg of Cynomel in the morning 4 days ago and my morning temps are up to 97.5 or so. My sleep is better as well. Only thing is I have bad headaches all day long. No other symptoms though. Hoping they will subside once my body is used to all the T3.

marsaday

Dr John Lowe took all his t3 in one hit. 150 t3 per day.

Some do well on saturating the cells with t3.

Some do better with a little and often.

T3 works with cortisol doesn’t it? So it is not a single input equation. Usually the cortisol level is the issue and a huge dose for some just cannot be taken up.

I think for people who don’t have a balanced cortisol / dhea system a smaller dose of t3 works better

DaveFoster

Stress accelerates the breakdown of T3, so those with greater inflammation often need more T3 to achieve the same effect.

Many report better results from splitting their dosage, but beyond two dosages per day, there's less of a discernible difference.

OP
S

superhuman

Stress accelerates the breakdown of T3, so those with greater inflammation often need more T3 to achieve the same effect.

Many report better results from splitting their dosage, but beyond two dosages per day, there's less of a discernible difference.

Lovely. Have you read or experienced with different dosages? i know Ray says T3 half life is very short but science literature mentions 24-36 hours

Jpkoepse

Hello

I have read all the scientific articles about T3 dosing, ive also read all the books etc about T3 dosing etc.
I was wondering why there is such a big gap between the opinions in terms of the dosing of T3 and i mean the frequency.

The scientific studies use a variety of dosing but it usually varies from one to four times a day dosing. That means they use way more then 4 mcg at once like Ray recommends. When you look at the results, they get the same results from the T3 dosing. Science say that the half life of T3 is 2-3 days and some say its shorter, some say its as short as 8 or 12 hours. But way longer then Ray talks about.
So i was wondering what you guys have experiemented with ? i have talked to people (bodybuilders) etc that uses T3 and they dose once or twice a day with like 50 or 100 mcg dose when they take it. They have taken labs as well and their lab is TSH 0.02 etc and they are warm and toasty and get all the effects that you should get from it.

Although those dosages like that are by no means unheard of in BB, most people stick between 25 and 50 mcg.
To be honest, T3 dosing on this forum still baffles me. I totally see the benefit of thyroid on health, however I can't grasp why such high doses are recommended. BB'ers often are criticized for there use of exogenous un-naturally high levels of testosterone, yet no one blinks any eye when someone takes quadruple the normal amount of thyroid. Both people will face some sort of a hormonal "shutdown". I've experienced a shut down thyroid a few times and it's not fun. Lethargy, mouth sores, getting extremely sore from exercise etc. The only way I've found to use T3 without negative sides is to add a drop of Haiduts T3 to drinking water and sip on it all day. A drop or two on tongue for a few days and I immediately start getting symptoms of a shut down thyroid if I miss a day. Tiny bit (6-8 mcg) spread out over the day seems to be the way to go from my experience.

Jpkoepse

Single Dose T3 Administration: Kinetics and Effects on Biochemical and Physiologic Parameters

I'm curious as to what others experience after coming off a higher does of T3 for days. I was looking at the study above and it definitely indicates a dramatic drop in TSH, however that is touted as very good on this forum. Free T3 levels never seem to drop below baseline after administration which would kind of contradict what I experience above.

What is it that I and many others experience when removing exogenous T3 if it's not a reduced FT3 level? Or is a single dose administration not enough to make a judgement on FT3 levels after administration?

LeeRoyJenkins

Curious about this myself as I've just started thyroid (t3) but want to be careful. I started small 3mcg for about a week with virtually no change. But after supplementing with 16mcg saw a big improvement in a number of symptoms but noticed it seems to have a 4 hour Half-Life for me.

So right now I'm doing roughly 48mcg/day spread throughout the day. Mid 30s with high tsh (3) when I started and (previously) a VERY stressful lifestyle... Been peating for 3 years with virtually no improvements (worse digestion, high inflammation markers, much heavier, liver issues, etc.).

DaveFoster

Lovely. Have you read or experienced with different dosages? i know Ray says T3 half life is very short but science literature mentions 24-36 hours
If you take too much T4 at once, the liver can deactivate it. I'm taking 1 and 1/4 grains before bed at the moment with no ill effects.

Jsaute21

Hello

Very good topic. I know @Stryker takes a decent amount of T3 at once and achieves good results.

Andman

Great thread! Been trying to get my head around this for quite some time. In my bodybuilding days i was on 25-50mcg T3 taken just 1x in the morning and it seemed to work fine in terms of getting/staying lean. Unfortunately i didnt really track temps/pulse or tried to avoid running on the stress hormones back then so im not sure if i was messing something up

Stopping the T3 i did feel a shutdown of natural thryoid production which took around 10-14 days to recover.

After finding peat and the forum, i tried doing it in his recommended way of multiple microdoses / day but couldnt seem to get it to work in terms of well-being, stable pulse/temps etc.

thomas00

I've never tried it. Ray thinks it's bunk-

"I have only rarely talked to anyone who had good results with the so-called time-release T3, and I have seen analyses of some samples in which there was little or no T3 present. It is hard to compound T3 properly, and the conditions of each person's digestive system can determine whether the T3 is released all at once, or not at all. I don't think there is a valid scientific basis for calling anything "time-release T3."

An Interview With Dr. Raymond Peat: A Renowned Nutritional Counselor Offers His Thoughts About Thyroid Disease / Thyroid Disease Information Source - Articles/FAQs

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals