Dosing K2 & Vitamin E drops...

marcar72

... I've been adding them to 2% milk. Does anyone see anything counterproductive to this method? What I do is add 1 drop each to the milk I drink for breakfast. Then I add 2 drops each to the half gallon jug of pasturized/homogenized 2% milk that I take to work for break and lunch. The oil doesn't seem to evenly disperse throughout the milk so I stir or shake the jug for a bit to mix it up before drinking. Milk is also slightly acidic so I'm not sure if that would affect anything with the doses. Just thought I'd post this for some feedback! :)

edwardBe

You are probably losing most of the drops on the side ofthe milk carton or they are being left in the bottom as you empty it. I take mine straight under my tongue. If you get some that are suspended in olive oil or better yet MCT oil the flavor is not bad at all, plus you are avoiding the soy bean oil that many drops are suspended in.

This K2 is in MCT oil. It is $65 per bottle, but each drop is a whopping 1 mg of K2, the amount Ray Peat recommended should accompany each aspirin you take. At least that was what he said on one of the more recent Ask the Herb Doctors programs.

And this vitamin A is quite tasty. Not in MCT oil, but no soy or other garbage.

Hope this helps and good luck with your supplementation,

Edward

OP
marcar72

marcar72

Yea I noticed that some of the supplementation was adhering to the side of the milk jug. You're right about it probably being most of it lost. It didn't want to budge no matter how much I shook the milk up it seemed. Ohhh well, I figure I'll just take all with my morning milk in a glass. It doesn't seem to have an affinity with glass from what I can tell and I drink it pretty quick after mixing it up. That's the K2 I got, the Thornes along with Purely E oil. Thanks for your input! :)