Dosing Instructions For Methylene Blue

where are they? i see people on amazon posting random things like take vitamin C with it and put it into like two drops per 1 gallon of water or something. are there side effects like turning your skin blue or something?

Gl;itch.e

http://selfhacked.com/2013/08/25/methyl ... -enhancer/

You need to know what you have before you can be even remotely sure of dosage. Then you will need to water it down to the appropriate level.

I stand to be corrected, but I believe that the less methylene blue you need to see a benefit, the better your mitochondrial health currently is. Some people take microgram doses and purport benefits. Others take milligram doses and swear by it. Start low and ease up to higher doses. I can't take much more than 500-700mcg in one dose without getting some negative symptoms like headaches and dissociation.

Parsifal

mayweatherking said:
post 113506 where are they? i see people on amazon posting random things like take vitamin C with it and put it into like two drops per 1 gallon of water or something. are there side effects like turning your skin blue or something?
We are not talking about colloidal silver so no worry about turning into a smurf unless you put it directly on the skin because that is very staining.

I would start with low doses and not go beyond 400mcg, I believe that haidut said that beyond this dose the serotonin effects are increased.

Last edited by a moderator:

tara

I'm taking 1 drop of oxidal most days in water.

OP
mayweatherking
Gl;itch.e said:
post 113510 http://selfhacked.com/2013/08/25/methyl ... -enhancer/

You need to know what you have before you can be even remotely sure of dosage. Then you will need to water it down to the appropriate level.

I stand to be corrected, but I believe that the less methylene blue you need to see a benefit, the better your mitochondrial health currently is. Some people take microgram doses and purport benefits. Others take milligram doses and swear by it. Start low and ease up to higher doses. I can't take much more than 500-700mcg in one dose without getting some negative symptoms like headaches and dissociation.

thanks for the link, super helpful. that's the same one i bought.

Parsifal said:
post 113539
mayweatherking said:
post 113506 where are they? i see people on amazon posting random things like take vitamin C with it and put it into like two drops per 1 gallon of water or something. are there side effects like turning your skin blue or something?
We are not talking about colloidal silver so no worry about turning into a smurf unless you put it directly on the skin because that is very staining.

I would start with low doses and not go beyond 400mcg, I believe that haidut said that beyond this dose the serotonin effects are increased.

ok good.. that collidal silver guy freaked me out taht turned blue. thanks for the dosage. i'll probably start really really low. like the link above.

tara said:
post 113552 I'm taking 1 drop of oxidal most days in water.

what is oxidial tara?

tara

The study was on bipolar disorder psychosis, which is different from the psychosis in conditions like schizophrenia. The psychosis of bipolar disorder is believed to be caused by cortisol, and since methylene blue helped then it suggests methylene blue can lower excessive cortisol. This is not surprising, given the studies I posted on NAD precursors like niacinamide lowering cortisol. The enzyme for deactivating cortisol (11b-HSD2) is an NAD-dependent enzymes and raising NAD levels lowers cortisol plasma levels. Methylene blue oxidizes NADH back to NAD, thus raising NAD levels and the NAD/NADH ratio.
The doses used in the study were high (100mg orally) but even lower doses may work if taken long enough.

Methylene blue. A possible treatment for manic depressive psychosis. - PubMed - NCBI

"...Preliminary experience with methylene blue suggests that this may be therapeutically effective in the manic and depressed phase of manic depressive psychosis and in prophylaxis. This is based on clinical experience and not on controlled trials. In some patients, however, the response was clinically convincing. It is possible that the response was a placebo effect but this seems unlikely since the patients had failed to respond to a variety of drugs in the past. It seems equally unlikely from their history, that the responses were natural remissions of the illness. The subjects of this report were all therapeutically difficult patients because most were suffering from a very chronic disorder and all had failed to respond to conventional therapies despite which 14 out of 22 appeared to respond to methylene blue. It is also possible that methylene blue had a synergistic effect with other drugs, since all patients were receiving other medication. This is only a preliminary report but provides some evidence of the therapeutic efficacy of methylene blue. It is, therefore, essential that controlled trials should now be undertaken before its use becomes more widespread."
Hi Haidut I find transit time is zero on MB . ( constipation issues) What would help this dilemma ?

haidut

Forum Supporter

BobbyDukes

How would MB cause constipation? That's a new one on me.

I guess not everything that ramps metabolism is not going to cause constipation. I get such effects from any dosage of niacinamide. It's so annoying, as it produces such a profound anti-depressant effect in me (I literally feel so young on it). I've gone as low as 100mg, twice per day, and it still has such effects (constipation). Oh well.

haidut

Forum Supporter
Only a drop! But also taking niacinamide. Is it the serotonin reduction or whatever?BTW Happy Easter!

Thanks, happy Easter to you as well.
I don't think ti should have such an effect at these low doses but anything it possible. I would test prolactin when you get a chance.

Michsaun

I just purchased Methylene Blue Solution Blue Brain Boost 10mg/ml comes in 30 ml dropper bottle. Can anyone suggest the very simplest way to begin experimenting with this please? Also does it have any negative interactions with other medications?

marteagal

I just purchased Methylene Blue Solution Blue Brain Boost 10mg/ml comes in 30 ml dropper bottle. Can anyone suggest the very simplest way to begin experimenting with this please? Also does it have any negative interactions with other medications?
This website states that 1 drop of "Methylene Blue Solution Blue Brain Boost" contains about 0.5 mg methylene blue. To facilitate mitochondrial respiration, low doses in the range between a few 100 µg and 1 mg are recommended. Maybe you could just start using 1 drop of your methylene blue and see if you recognize anything from it. Maybe further increase the dose to 2 or 3 drops daily. If your body does not tolerate methylene blue well, you might experience serotonin-related symptoms such as headache.

This also answers your second question: If you take serotonin increasing meds (e.g., SSRIs), you should be careful or not take MB at all, IIRC.

If you have high blood pressure, you may again think over using methylene blue because MB lowers nitric oxide (one of the reason people actually use MB) and this causes vasoconstriction, at least temporarily.

Another point to consider: In a recent discussion, @haidut has mentioned that sunshine exposure in comibination with MB causes oxidative stress, which is intended when treating cancer. However, when you are healthy you might not want to overdo stressing your cells. I don't know if I am a scaredy-cat, but after reading the aforementioned post, I personally do not take more than 0.5 mg MB on sunny days any more.

I take 2 - 3 mg per day usually. The only thing I've observed is a slight increase in BP, and coffee affects me MUCH more easily, I must cut back drastically on coffee.

I do notice better feelings of well being and in general better erections. I think it's due to the estrogen-lowering.

I take 2 - 3 mg per day usually. The only thing I've observed is a slight increase in BP, and coffee affects me MUCH more easily, I must cut back drastically on coffee.

I do notice better feelings of well being and in general better erections. I think it's due to the estrogen-lowering.
how slight the increase in bp?

SOMO

Methylene Blue gives me headaches that last for a few hours, which is the main reason I had to stop using it. And this was in mcg dosages.

Also it stains everything ******* blue if you get even a tiny drop and if you have inexpensive furniture, that might be fine, but I paid a lot for my furniture.

Also there's nothing in Methylene Blue that can't be achieved elsewhere.

Kali

How would MB cause constipation? That's a new one on me.

I guess not everything that ramps metabolism is not going to cause constipation. I get such effects from any dosage of niacinamide. It's so annoying, as it produces such a profound anti-depressant effect in me (I literally feel so young on it). I've gone as low as 100mg, twice per day, and it still has such effects (constipation). Oh well.
Cascara Sagrada is your friend! I'm new to Peat Land (and loving it!) ... particularly excited that some of my intuitive choices are in line with his. Have been using Cascara for many years due to extreme hypo- environment in my body.

Dobbler

Lets see if i got this right. 1 ml = 1000 mg
1000 mg * 0.0244 = 24.4
so one full 1 ml dropper is 24.4 mg of methylene blue total

EDIT: then what is the remaining 97.6% of the product then if its only 2.44% methylene blue? water?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals