Dosing For Ankle Injury With This Device?

edd00

Hey all!

So II bough this infared display panel for my ankle. Bad injury. Sprain. I am concerned about dosing for optimum effects. It's 850nm

Amazon.com : CMVision IR110 - 114 LED Indoor/Outdoor Long Range 200-300ft IR Illuminator With Free 2A 12VDC Adaptor : Infrared Motion Detectors : Camera & Photo

How long should I keep this on my ankle? And at what distance?

I need to get back on my feet so I can get back to work!

Thanks everyone and happy new year!

GAF

I have tried numerous combinations of lights and timings on my numerous injuries on multiple body locations from top to bottom and have found that red light works no matter what you do.

The most important thing is NOT to keep reinjuring the injury while it is still injured.

My experience is that a week or two is usually plenty and once a day is usually not necessary but doesn't really hurt anything either.

The healing keeps happening long after the red light stops shining. Usually, I just stop treatment when I magically forget I was ever injured.

Believe and don't stress over it. It works.

OP
E

edd00

Thanks!! I really appreciate your guidance!

I stay off my feet as best as I can but sometimes I gotta walk a bit but Im not playing sports and I'm not working so I'm pretty sedentary right now.

:)

j2mugs

I just got over a really bad sprain on my left ankle in November. I used a 630nm red light once a day for 7 minutes for about two weeks.

I’ve read in the studies that there is a u curve effect. So you can overdo it. 7 minutes seemed to be the max based on the brightness / distance of my light.

Hard to tell for sure but it certainly seemed to help speed the healing. I went from not being able to walk at all to walking with no pain in less than 10 days. That seemed fast to me.

Hope it’s a quick healing for you!

tankasnowgod

I just got over a really bad sprain on my left ankle in November. I used a 630nm red light once a day for 7 minutes for about two weeks.

I’ve read in the studies that there is a u curve effect. So you can overdo it. 7 minutes seemed to be the max based on the brightness / distance of my light.

Hard to tell for sure but it certainly seemed to help speed the healing. I went from not being able to walk at all to walking with no pain in less than 10 days. That seemed fast to me.

One thing about the supposed "U Curve" in benefits is that it isn't totally clear if that applies just to the light, or not. For example, there was one study that seemed to suggest that red light at about 660nm and 830nm when shined on the testicles of rats increased testosterone production, but that the 830nm also caused cell damage. Reading thru the study, they were shining laser light on the rats, which could have generated significant heat. The heat may have caused the damage, not the light or wavelength itself.

Beyond that, shining light anywhere will have both local and systemic effects, as some light hits the blood and carries those benefits all around the body. So, if you hit the injury with the light for ten minutes, and then switch and hit your wrists with the light for another ten minutes, the benefits will be greater than if you just hit the injury directly. (I think Red Light Man even mentioned a study where heart disease improved from shining red light onto the soles of people's feet). Even if you expose the injury to the light for "too long," your blood would probably still be getting the benefits of the red light (since it's constantly changing), and it's not likely that there is a certain minute that suddenly you've erased all the benefits.

There's also the generation of ROS to be wary of. Sometimes, this can be a desired effect, but not for healing. If doing this for injury recovery, just avoid taking Methylene Blue or B2 an hour before significant exposure.

There is also the issue of frequency. For example, if you hit the injury with the light in the morning, noon, and night for 10 minutes for two days, it would be more beneficial than simply hitting it for an hour all in one shot, although the time exposed is the same.

Toxinless has a great page right here- Inexpensive red light devices I use - SelfTestable There's a link to the Red Light Man page that can help you figure out dosing.

Personally, I would probably just expose it to light for as long as possible (which would probably be about 15-20 minutes at a time), and when I got tired, noticed anything uncomfortable, or excess heat, would stop. Again, if you are simply resting and not doing anything else, move the light to another part of the body and continue to get the systemic benefits. I would try to do this 3-4 times during the day.

OP
E

edd00

One thing about the supposed "U Curve" in benefits is that it isn't totally clear if that applies just to the light, or not. For example, there was one study that seemed to suggest that red light at about 660nm and 830nm when shined on the testicles of rats increased testosterone production, but that the 830nm also caused cell damage. Reading thru the study, they were shining laser light on the rats, which could have generated significant heat. The heat may have caused the damage, not the light or wavelength itself.

Beyond that, shining light anywhere will have both local and systemic effects, as some light hits the blood and carries those benefits all around the body. So, if you hit the injury with the light for ten minutes, and then switch and hit your wrists with the light for another ten minutes, the benefits will be greater than if you just hit the injury directly. (I think Red Light Man even mentioned a study where heart disease improved from shining red light onto the soles of people's feet). Even if you expose the injury to the light for "too long," your blood would probably still be getting the benefits of the red light (since it's constantly changing), and it's not likely that there is a certain minute that suddenly you've erased all the benefits.

There's also the generation of ROS to be wary of. Sometimes, this can be a desired effect, but not for healing. If doing this for injury recovery, just avoid taking Methylene Blue or B2 an hour before significant exposure.

There is also the issue of frequency. For example, if you hit the injury with the light in the morning, noon, and night for 10 minutes for two days, it would be more beneficial than simply hitting it for an hour all in one shot, although the time exposed is the same.

Toxinless has a great page right here- Inexpensive red light devices I use - SelfTestable There's a link to the Red Light Man page that can help you figure out dosing.

Personally, I would probably just expose it to light for as long as possible (which would probably be about 15-20 minutes at a time), and when I got tired, noticed anything uncomfortable, or excess heat, would stop. Again, if you are simply resting and not doing anything else, move the light to another part of the body and continue to get the systemic benefits. I would try to do this 3-4 times during the day.

Not only do I thank you but all those that will depend on my paycheck thank you! God bless you sir for this excellent information!

OP
E

edd00

Thank you for your well wishes! I was under the impression that 630 won't penetrate skin. But I also have a 6:30 that I just use on my hair to stop me from balding lol

tankasnowgod

Thank you for your well wishes! I was under the impression that 630 won't penetrate skin. But I also have a 6:30 that I just use on my hair to stop me from balding lol

The skin does absorb a lot more of the visible red than infrared, but it still penetrates deeper than just the skin, and you can even verify this yourself. Hold your fingers together and shine the light through your hand, you'll be able to see it on the other side. It only penetrates about a centimeter or so, as you can't see any light through the palm of your hand. This is why infrared is better for deeper tissues, as you'd need more power and exposure from the visible red to get enough to deeper tissues.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom