Doses Of Pregnenolone Over 100 Mg

answersfound

How did Ray take 1 gram of pregnenolone daily. And how does anyone take over 100 mg pregnenolone, and not get constipation? Haidutt posted this study showing pregnenolone antagonizes the 5ht3 receptor and causes constipation...

https://www.raypeatforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6609

PowerPlayer

The majority of the benefits Ray derived from pregnenolone came when he added vitamin e along with it. Since pregnenolone is a potent cortisol inhibitor once your body is no longer running on stress hormones it will look for pro-metabolic substances to run on (i.e. thyroid); constipation is consistent with hypothyroidism so look into taking an NDT along with pregnenolone.

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter
The majority of the benefits Ray derived from pregnenolone came when he added vitamin e along with it. Since pregnenolone is a potent cortisol inhibitor once your body is no longer running on stress hormones it will look for pro-metabolic substances to run on (i.e. thyroid); constipation is consistent with hypothyroidism so look into taking an NDT along with pregnenolone.
By NDT, do you mean something like TyroMax?

mgrabs

how long does it take for pregnenolone to help run OFF of stress hormones?

PowerPlayer

how long does it take for pregnenolone to help run OFF of stress hormones?
It depends on the dosage taken. There is a study that @haidut posted showing that 100-150mg of pregnenolone lowers cortisol by 60% in a matter of weeks (iirc). If you take it with soy-free vitamin E it will only accelerate the process.

mgrabs

It depends on the dosage taken. There is a study that @haidut posted showing that 100-150mg of pregnenolone lowers cortisol by 60% in a matter of weeks (iirc). If you take it with soy-free vitamin E it will only accelerate the process.
good to know. I tried 100mg for a bit and felt good but I think it felt too strong and stimulating. not sure what that is a sign of. maybe still running on stress hormones? im around 30 mg right now for the past few days. feeling "okay" not sure what to do. also on 1 grain of thyroid.

PowerPlayer

I think Tyromix is made from - synthetic - T3/T4 hormones, so that would not be NDT, right?
Technically you're right, it's not an NDT but not everybody responds to TyroMax, and that may or may not be the case for you so you might want to be prepared to do a little bit of testing. Tyromix is still a better choice than pharmaceutical T4 only.

PowerPlayer

good to know. I tried 100mg for a bit and felt good but I think it felt too strong and stimulating. not sure what that is a sign of. maybe still running on stress hormones? im around 30 mg right now for the past few days. feeling "okay" not sure what to do. also on 1 grain of thyroid.
I did see here Conversion of pregnenolone to DHEA by human 17alpha-hydroxylase/17, 20-lyase (P450c17). Evidence that DHEA is produced from the released intermediate, 17alpha-hydroxypregnenolone - PubMed that pregnenolone converts to DHEA pretty quickly (which in turn converts to androgens) that might be the stimulating effect that you felt.

You want to take the whole picture into consideration, you might have a strong (fat-free) liver which means you'd produce very little aromatase, in which case the vitamin E would be preventative and ensure that you don't produce high levels of aromatase, and it'll balance your progesterone levels and reduce free radicals. Even if you're only taking 30mg per day vitamin E will be beneficial.

If you lower stress hormones and simultaneously supplement with thyroid then that can also account for your feelings of well-being.

mgrabs

I did see here Conversion of pregnenolone to DHEA by human 17alpha-hydroxylase/17, 20-lyase (P450c17). Evidence that DHEA is produced from the released intermediate, 17alpha-hydroxypregnenolone - PubMed that pregnenolone converts to DHEA pretty quickly (which in turn converts to androgens) that might be the stimulating effect that you felt.

You want to take the whole picture into consideration, you might have a strong (fat-free) liver which means you'd produce very little aromatase, in which case the vitamin E would be preventative and ensure that you don't produce high levels of aromatase, and it'll balance your progesterone levels and reduce free radicals. Even if you're only taking 30mg per day vitamin E will be beneficial.

If you lower stress hormones and simultaneously supplement with thyroid then that can also account for your feelings of well-being.
Great help! Thank you. Shouldn’t my stress hormones lower from the preg and thyroid? It seems to still not be lowering

PowerPlayer

Great help! Thank you. Shouldn’t my stress hormones lower from the preg and thyroid? It seems to still not be lowering
The anti-stress dosage for pregnenolone is 100-150mg and you're only taking 30mg. If you feel like your stress isn't lowering then up the dosage and include a soy-free vitamin E supplement. Also, consider some vitamin b6 p-5-p 50mg, it'll help lower prolactin and boost dopamine.

DaveFoster

I remember Dr. Peat recommending 100 mg once weekly or something around that, as it continuously absorbs while it moves along the intestine. This doesn't mean 100 mg needs to be taken daily, and 30 mg daily would be more than that.

PowerPlayer

I remember Dr. Peat recommending 100 mg once weekly or something around that, as it continuously absorbs while it moves along the intestine. This doesn't mean 100 mg needs to be taken daily, and 30 mg daily would be more than that.
Peat says that 300mg is a therapeutic dosage but if you specifically want to lower cortisol 100-150mg per day lowers corticotropin releasing hormone (CRH) in the brain by 60%.

Check it out here:

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals