Dose of aspirin for mild cognitive impairment/dementia please? K2 also?

Lizb

Ray said: Things that increase the metabolic rate improve memory, reaction time, etc., relax bladder, build muscle. Vitamin D, high calcium intake (two liters/day low fat milk), aspirin, angiotensin receptor blockers, thyroid, progesterone and DHEA (5 mg), adequate protein, bowel regularity, are important for supporting oxidative metabolism.

Should husband use K2 also and if so what dose and product recommendations very much appreciated?

In the U.K./totalitarian run state.

B

Blaze

Ray said: Things that increase the metabolic rate improve memory, reaction time, etc., relax bladder, build muscle. Vitamin D, high calcium intake (two liters/day low fat milk), aspirin, angiotensin receptor blockers, thyroid, progesterone and DHEA (5 mg), adequate protein, bowel regularity, are important for supporting oxidative metabolism.

Should husband use K2 also and if so what dose and product recommendations very much appreciated?

In the U.K./totalitarian run state.
I would always couple aspirin use with vitamin K and never take aspirin alone. Doing this might help him to an extent with those issues, but in my experience it won't really completely benefit the person if it is not used in conjunction with a very sound diet.

I myself was helped way more by a change of diet and the additional help I received from aspirin and vitamin K use was very real but certainly not a panacea. You will probably see more noticable effects by getting sufficient calories, following the Peat dietary principles and helping metabolism. What you eat rather than supplementation has the largest beneficial effect, in my experience.

I take 1 325mg USP aspirin 3 times a day with food and 1 Jarrow K-right pill with each dose. Perhaps others here will chime in with dose recommendations. It's better to get a variety of opinions.

Last edited by a moderator:

StephanF

Forum Supporter
I would add MCT oil. I was able to stop and partially reverse the mental decline in my mom in 2010-2012 before she passed away (blood transfusion which followed severe strokes and death, see my posts on the Zeta Potential).

She took just coconut oil, maybe one or two tablespoons per day, Prevagen and Procera. The Zeta Aid may also help, it keeps arteries clean.

Drareg

10-20mg of thiamine and 30mg of niacinamide, small doses along with what he said, NAD+ (Niacinamide) is a more subtle way to shift the system back to an oxidative state if your unsure about using thyroid, many hormones including neurosteroids are broken down by a dual enzyme of sorts, having enough nad+ helps with the direction these enzymes send hormones and their metabolites, essentially nad+ sends them in a coherent direction.

Methylene blue has also helped in some cases, I wouldn’t do all these recommendations at once, trying Ray’s recommendations and others one at a time and watching for their effect is a wiser path forward, you will know what works for your husband this way.

Your not wrong about the "authoritarian state".

Melekai

Echoing StephanF, strong recommendation for ramping up MCT oil, over a week or so, to as much as 6Tbsp/day, as an initial intervention. (You may be able to back it off to 2-3Tbsp/d after a while.) You probably won't notice much impact until you get to 2-3Tbsp/d, but I and others in my family have been surprised by how quickly it works. I also benefited from an EGCG intervention based on this article: Error - Cookies Turned Off. I did 625mg/day for 4 months, and became less reliant on MCT, but it also spiked my liver function. If I were to do it again, I'd do 325mg/day over a longer period, with signficant breaks along the way, and I would get intermittent liver tests.

Melekai

Echoing StephanF, strong recommendation for ramping up MCT oil, over a week or so, to as much as 6Tbsp/day, as an initial intervention. (You may be able to back it off to 2-3Tbsp/d after a while.) You probably won't notice much impact until you get to 2-3Tbsp/d, but I and others in my family have been surprised by how quickly it works. I also benefited from an EGCG intervention based on this article. I did 625mg/day for 4 months, and became less reliant on MCT, but it also spiked my liver function. If I were to do it again, I'd do 325mg/day over a longer period, with signficant breaks along the way, and I would get intermittent liver tests.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom