Dose Lisuride repress the Default mode network of the brain like LSD does?

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

So the theme here is:

Different brain types don't exist.

Anyone who doesn't look like someone's unasked for standards is automatically unhealthy.

We must accept information given in condescending tones even if it has nothing to do with the question asked.

We use words like "gobbledygook" because we're like 60 & people being different is dangerous.

Got it.

Cloudhands

Admiring the word choice here, tho I always pronounced it 'gobblygook'
i pronounce it the same but would have spelled it 'gobbledygook'. but yeah great word lol. actually one time i was peaking on lsd with my best friend in highschool and there was this moment where he looked up from his hands laughing and was like "dude its all gobbledygook!" referring to society and culture etc.

OccamzRazer

We use words like "gobbledygook" because we're like 60
Are you saying the term is out of style? Most offensive thing I've read in this thread yet!

On a more serious note, sorry you didn't get the answers you were looking for here, and hope you find some glimmer of insight among the less-desired noise...

OccamzRazer

i pronounce it the same but would have spelled it 'gobbledygook'. but yeah great word lol. actually one time i was peaking on lsd with my best friend in highschool and there was this moment where he looked up from his hands laughing and was like "dude its all gobbledygook!" referring to society and culture etc.
Oh maybe you guys have it right then. Hmm, may LSD grant us the openness needed to adjust our spelling!

Yes, a very useful word, particularly when describing the futility that drives modern society/culture.

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

Are you saying the term is out of style? Most offensive thing I've read in this thread yet!

On a more serious note, sorry you didn't get the answers you were looking for here, and hope you find some glimmer of insight among the less-desired noise...
I'm saying to use it in a way that basically denounces everyone who lives with a neurodiversity as fake is fu{king gross & makes the person sound like they're some old crotchety ba$tard who also won't abide the gays...

OccamzRazer

I'm saying to use it in a way that basically denounces everyone who lives with a neurodiversity as fake is fu{king gross & makes the person sound like they're some old crotchety ba$tard who also won't abide the gays...
Aren't we all neurodiverse...some just moreso than others? Many of these labels are unhelpful.

K

Kayaker

That's hilarious, man. :lol: I remember when I started learning about unjust laws. This thread is now about the word gobbledygook. ?

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

Aren't we all neurodiverse...some just moreso than others? Many of these labels are unhelpful.
Not really, there's a pretty standard function going on in most neuro typical brains.

Also, they're incredibly helpful because we're NOT the same as you all. We experience the world differently, we learn differently, we interact differently, we often struggle to exist in a society that's completely set up for neuro typical people.

Discovering my neurodiversity saved me, helped me understand myself.

Having these labels also means my kids weren't treated the way I was in school, because it's understood they aren't like the average kid.

So yeah, these labels are extremely helpful & validate those of us who aren't just like the average neurotypical person.

OccamzRazer

Discovering my neurodiversity saved me, helped me understand myself.
Labels do create a sense of belonging and understanding, and I'm glad these things helped you!

Yet they also lend themselves to 'us vs. them' mentalities. In your above sentences, who is "we," and who is "you all" ?

Maybe I'm more like you than you think; I was diagnosed as high-functioning autistic a couple years back.

Cloudhands

That's hilarious, man. :lol: I remember when I started learning about unjust laws. This thread is now about the word gobbledygook. ?
i was just reading about maury maverick, the man who coined the term to criticize congress in the US, pretty interesting and admirable figure

OccamzRazer

This thread was already going somewhere, why not make its final destination a little more lighthearted ?

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

Labels do create a sense of belonging and understanding, and I'm glad these things helped you!

Yet they also lend themselves to 'us vs. them' mentalities. In your above sentences, who is "we," and who is "you all" ?

Maybe I'm more like you than you think; I was diagnosed as high-functioning autistic a couple years back.
So do you think what's really going on here is you're uncomfortable accepting that aspect of yourself so you reject the one thing that identifies you? That's super common for folks who recently discover their ND.

I'm not ASD, I have a different ND.

My husband is ASD though.

When we don't acknowledge differences the person who can't fit into societal standards of the average always gets fu(ked over.

It would be like trying to say labeling women women doesn't matter even though we experience a completely different reality than men.

OccamzRazer

So do you think what's really going on here is you're uncomfortable accepting that aspect of yourself so you reject the one thing that identifies you? That's super common for folks who recently discover their ND.
Probably not. I've always known I'm different than most and I'm totally cool with that!

But...the word choice here...would being autistic or neurodiverse really be "the one thing that identifies [me]" ?

Any person's identity is so much more than neurodivergent/neurotypical, male/female, black/white, etc.

Words/labels are meant to approximate things, and not the other way around.

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

This thread was already going somewhere, why not make its final destination a little more lighthearted ?
Yeah it's almost like when people chime in with irrelevant info to feed their own "I'm so smart" ego threads get derailed.

OccamzRazer

When we don't acknowledge differences the person who can't fit into societal standards of the average always gets fu(ked over.

It would be like trying to say labeling women women doesn't matter even though we experience a completely different reality than men.
Totally agree with you there. Trying to hold another person's perspective in your consciousness is a great way to avoid anger or judgment.

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

Probably not. I've always known I'm different than most and I'm totally cool with that!

But...the word choice here...would being autistic or neurodiverse really be "the one thing that identifies [me]" ?

Any person's identity is so much more than neurodivergent/neurotypical, male/female, black/white, etc.

Words/labels are meant to approximate things, and not the other way around.
Didn't say it was the only thing by any means, but I mean it is the thing that literally defines how you exist/view the world.

OccamzRazer

Didn't say it was the only thing by any means, but I mean it is the thing that literally defines how you exist/view the world.
You did say it was the "one thing."

Do you think it's possible to perceive the world without going through the mind?

I believe Peat has spoken about this at one point or another.

So the theme here is:

Different brain types don't exist.

Anyone who doesn't look like someone's unasked for standards is automatically unhealthy.

We must accept information given in condescending tones even if it has nothing to do with the question asked.

We use words like "gobbledygook" because we're like 60 & people being different is dangerous.

Got it.

Oh I believe autism exists. Autism is a neurodevelopmental disorder. Neurodiversity activists want to celebrate this disorder while scientists want to treat it.

When I read that a sociologist named Singer coined the term and a journalist named Blume popularised it, alarm bells rang instantly. The last thing we needs is another event added to the Stunning and Brave Olympics which has already been undermining Western civilization for far too long.

Admiring the word choice here, tho I always pronounced it 'gobblygook'

Hehe, actually wanted to spell as gobbledeegook, but the spellchecker on my smart device begged to differ.

Back
Top Bottom