Dose Lisuride repress the Default mode network of the brain like LSD does?

I'm.No.One

So, as I'm sure many of you know lisuride is basically a non psychoactive form of LSD.

LSD & most other common psychoactives essentially shut down the default mode network in the brain. This is good!

The Brain on LSD Revealed: First Scans Show How the Drug Affects the Brain | The Beckley Foundation

"Yet the DMN disintegrates under LSD, allowing for a magnificent increase in communication between brain networks that are normally highly segregated. This produces a more integrated pattern of connectivity throughout the entire brain, which may be associated with more fluid modes of cognition. "

This helps us move past our own learned auto pilot habits & this includes how we perceive ourself/the world around us.

It's why people are having amazing, life saving, results from microdosing with psilocybin mushrooms because they also shut down the DMN network.

Anyhow, I can't find anything that discusses lisuride & the DMN, anyone have any leads?

conrad0602

Interesting stuff. I've just started microdose LSD today! Hoping for some improvements ?

K

Kayaker

You'd be able to tell if a chemical suppresses DMN activity if you know what to look for. I don't think most people here need pharmaceutical DMN suppression. Truth-seeking and curiosity are signs of a sound mind. Furthermore, meditation, which is free, relaxes the DMN.

The majority of people in the general population are hopelessly addicted to the mainstream narrative. They are who need a wake-up call, and unfortunately, few of them will end up taking psychedelics or learning how to meditate. I've spoken to people who meditated for decades. 15 minutes a day, etc. Probably used as a tool to relieve stress like relaxation exercises, since they had no idea what I meant by raptures or breakthroughs, which are an inevitable result if someone diligently tries to awaken.

Others mediate in a specific way in line with certain protocols, which is silly since meditation is supposed to be the opposite of protocol, relaxed awareness of whatever catches the mind's eye in the present.

Alexithymics, people with low unorthodoxy to the degree that even psychiatry recognizes it as a mental illness, have low slow-band activity in the DMN. Meaning it can't integrate activity from other regions, such as emotional areas.

I've taken lisuride myself and I don't recall getting strange-think, but that was many years ago and I may just not remember. Antihistamines cause strange-think for sure. I remember I had it from diphenhydramine (Benadryl) and whenever I want to increase it, I take a micro-dose of cyproheptadine.

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

You'd be able to tell if a chemical suppresses DMN activity if you know what to look for. I don't think most people here need pharmaceutical DMN suppression. Truth-seeking and curiosity are signs of a sound mind. Furthermore, meditation, which is free, relaxes the DMN.

The majority of people in the general population are hopelessly addicted to the mainstream narrative. They are who need a wake-up call, and unfortunately, few of them will end up taking psychedelics or learning how to meditate. I've spoken to people who meditated for decades. 15 minutes a day, etc. Probably used as a tool to relieve stress like relaxation exercises, since they had no idea what I meant by raptures or breakthroughs, which are an inevitable result if someone diligently tries to awaken.

Others mediate in a specific way in line with certain protocols, which is silly since meditation is supposed to be the opposite of protocol, relaxed awareness of whatever catches the mind's eye in the present.

Alexithymics, people with low unorthodoxy to the degree that even psychiatry recognizes it as a mental illness, have low slow-band activity in the DMN. Meaning it can't integrate activity from other regions, such as emotional areas.

I've taken lisuride myself and I don't recall getting strange-think, but that was many years ago and I may just not remember. Antihistamines cause strange-think for sure. I remember I had it from diphenhydramine (Benadryl) and whenever I want to increase it, I take a micro-dose of cyproheptadine.
So I don't think you quiet understand what the DMN does (based on you thinking it's responsible for curiosity) & how reducing it actively helps people move through blocks.

Curiosity comes from the dentate gyrus, a part of the brain's hippocampus.

The DMN is located in the prefrontal cortex, posterior cingulate cortex / precuneus and angular gyrus.

It does not stop curiosity, in fact it hinders it by making us come to the same conclusions by default...

Many people need to get out of their same thought patterns, behaviors, beliefs, & tons of people who think they've had a breakthrough have usually just found a "new" way to act out the same behaviors.

Also, meditation only works for a certain % of neuro typical people (typically those who are cognitively prone to hypnotism) & has even less positive results (in fact it can be damaging) for anyone who is neuro divergent.

Shutting down or reducing the DMN dose not cause "strange think". It creates room for "new thinking".

A good example of what it feels like is when you have that moment after hours of trying to figure out a problem & BAM suddenly an idea comes into your mind & you're like "why didn't I think of that before?!"

It feels like the end of that moment on repeat. I.E new ideas.

Also you didn't think of it because your brain ALWAYS reverts to your DMN & you have the new ideas once that comes up empty handed (if you're lucky).

Here are a few things that make me think on a personal experience level that it does in fact alter the DMN just like LSD does:

My youngest, 14, developed a sensory eating disorder due to braces (they don't think their fat/they're not anorexic/fear makes them avoid food) & while she has stabilized weight wise it was because she can simply mechanically eat. But that's not really healing is it?

Nope.

One drop of luseride & she ate everything off her plate in all 6 meals (3 main/3 snacks), no hyperventilation, no micro bites, & actually has been asking for extras/commenting on things tasting good/asking for specific foods.

She said "I don't know it kinda just isn't hard anymore".

The week before the first dose was constant breakdowns/tears/struggling even with safe foods.

That to me absolutely screams it shut down her DMN, the area of her brain that has leaned to be afraid of food.

This is actually an area we had to learn a lot about during her recovery because eating disorders of all kinds are basically kept alive by the fu€king DMN & without chemical intervention it can take a lifetime to rewire.

In fact, there are many advancements in microdosing with psychotropics to treat EDs because of their ability to shut up the DMN. It's amazing.

Anyhow, It's been a week & it's like I just have my kid back from before she developed an ED.

It was such a massive change that I've been crying tears of relief for days.

So, I gave it a try.

The next day I obviously felt the afterglow of a psychotropic. Sure it could be in part to the dopamine but that's not really what it felt like (my neurodiversity lives off of dopamine hits), it felt like I wasn't stuck in my constant looping of thoughts via my neuro diversity & I felt safe for the first time in I don't know how long (trauma reactions live in the DMN which tell your vagus nerve you're not safe)

Anyhow I'm looking for information about how it interacts with the DMN since it's basically LSD versus why someone thinks I should just meditate or eat some benadryl ?

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

Interesting stuff. I've just started microdose LSD today! Hoping for some improvements ?
I hope it works well for you!

I'm all geared up for microdosing with psilocybin as well as amanitas because I'm very interested in how it actually interacts with the gaba receptors versus serotonin.

But have been pleasantly surprised by the luseride!

conrad0602

So I don't think you quiet understand what the DMN does (based on you thinking it's responsible for curiosity) & how reducing it actively helps people move through blocks.

The DMN is located in the prefrontal cortex, posterior cingulate cortex / precuneus and angular gyrus.

It does not stop curiosity, in fact it hinders it by making us come to the same conclusions by default...

Many people need to get out of their same thought patterns, behaviors, beliefs, & tons of people who think they've had a breakthrough have usually just found a "new" way to act out the same behaviors.

Also, meditation only works for a certain % of neuro typical people (typically those who are cognitively prone to hypnotism) & has even less positive results (in fact it can be damaging) for anyone who is neuro divergent.

Shutting down or reducing the DMN dose not cause "strange think". It creates room for "new thinking".

A good example of what it feels like is when you have that moment after hours of trying to figure out a problem & BAM suddenly an idea comes into your mind & you're like "why didn't I think of that before?!"

Also you didn't think of it because your brain ALWAYS reverts to your DMN & you have the new ideas once that comes up empty handed (if you're lucky).

Here are a few things that make me think on a personal experience level that it does in fact alter the DMN just like LSD does:

My youngest, 14, developed a sensory eating disorder due to braces (they don't think their fat/they're not anorexic/fear makes them avoid food) & while she has stabilized weight wise it was because she can simply mechanically eat. But that's not really healing is it?

Nope.

One drop of luseride & she ate everything off her plate in all 6 meals (3 main/3 snacks), no hyperventilation, no micro bites, & actually has been asking for extras/commenting on things tasting good/asking for specific foods.

The week before the first dose was constant breakdowns/tears/struggling even with safe foods.

That to me absolutely screams it shut down her DMN, the area of her brain that has leaned to be afraid of food.

This is actually an area we had to learn a lot about during her recovery because eating disorders of all kinds are basically kept alive by the fu€king DMN & without chemical intervention it can take a lifetime to rewire.

In fact, there are many advancements in microdosing with psychotropics to treat EDs because of their ability to shut up the DMN. It's amazing.

Anyhow, It's been a week & it's like I just have my kid back from before she developed an ED.

So, I gave it a try.

The next day I obviously felt the afterglow of a psychotropic. Sure it could be in part to the dopamine but that's not really what it felt like (my neurodiversity lives off of dopamine hits), it felt like I wasn't stuck in my constant looping of thoughts via my neuro diversity & I felt safe for the first time in I don't know how long (trauma reactions live in the DMN which tell your vagus nerve you're not safe)

Anyhow I'm looking for information about how it interacts with the DMN since it's basically LSD versus why someone thinks I should just meditate or eat some benadryl ?
Can't imagine the relief this must bring to both of you. Really lovely to hear ?

K

Kayaker

Curiosity and creativity are both paired under the same umbrella, the Big Five personality trait called Openness to Experience. They are likely so strongly correlated that it's senseless to distinguish between them. Curiosity -> Learning -> Knowledge -> Creativity

I'm also well-aware what DMN is, you apparently didn't read the studies I attached. The hippocampus is involved in both curiosity and forming memories. Too much DMN activity and not enough slow waves in those upper regions blocks the subconscious information from being integrated into the DMN.
It looks like I have to stop using the term "meditation". It isn't the first time someone said it was harmful based on studies on "hypnotic" meditation like TM. By meditation, I mean mindfulness, not trance states.

Same thing, different word.

I don't think there's anything special about ideas that fit, as opposed to ideas that don't. Sometimes ideas may not fit the problem you're working on, but they can be useful later on, for example as conversation material.

If you think about something long enough, all kinds of ideas will come to mind. For example, TV shows that parody and cover almost everything.

Nope.

Well, you should have reported this in the OP.
So, I gave it a try.

The neurotypical/neurodivergent concept is largely social/neo-psychiatric and probably guides the movement to target discrimination against "different" people like with autism. It's even worse than "unorthodox", since that term has its roots in a famous work, rather than in the censorship movement.
If you already know that it works, why are you looking for information on the subject? I don't recommend Benadryl since it's an SSRI. I only speak from experience that it has a similar "structure-blunting" effect as LSD and cypro.

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

Curiosity and creativity are both paired under the same umbrella, the Big Five personality trait called Openness to Experience. They are likely so strongly correlated that it's senseless to distinguish between them. Curiosity -> Learning -> Knowledge -> Creativity

I'm also well-aware what DMN is, you apparently didn't read the studies I attached. The hippocampus is involved in both curiosity and forming memories. Too much DMN activity and not enough slow waves in those upper regions blocks the subconscious information from being integrated into the DMN.

What was the point of reading these studies? It had absolutely nothing to do with the information I'm seeking in regards to lisuride.
It looks like I have to stop using the term "meditation". It isn't the first time someone said it was harmful based on studies on "hypnotic" meditation like TM. By meditation, I mean mindfulness, not trance states.
Yeah call it whatever you want mindfulness/meditation DOES NOT WORK for many people, in fact to be specific mindfulness literally causes my neurodiverse brain issues. I have far more congruent trains of thought than the average neurotypical person such as yourself.

Same thing, different word.
Oh thank God you schooled me on this. Sorry to hear new ideas is how you define "strange think"?
I don't think there's anything special about ideas that fit, as opposed to ideas that don't. Sometimes ideas may not fit the problem you're working on, but they can be useful later on, for example as conversation material.
This concept went totally over your head in regards to how the DMT works.
Well, you should have reported this in the OP.
Why? Is that your standards in regards to what information I must post for you to, ya know, give any relevant information to the question asked versus your opinion?
The neurotypical/neurodivergent concept is largely social/neo-psychiatric and probably guides the movement to target discrimination against "different" people like with autism. It's even worse than "unorthodox", since that term has its roots in a famous work, rather than in the censorship movement.

Wow! This is so ignorant that I don't know if I should be angry or feel sorry for you. As a neurodiverse person please for the love of God don't think for a moment that you can talk for us. But I guess even though my brain functions at a level you're neurotypical brain couldn't even fathom it's all just a social construct/ neo psychiatric.
If you already know that it works, why are you looking for information on the subject? I don't recommend Benadryl since it's an SSRI. I only speak from experience that it has a similar "structure-blunting" effect as LSD and cypro.

Well unlike some neuro typical people, such as yourself, I like to confirm what I'm experiencing. Relevant information makes my mind happy. It's part of my made up social construct neurodiversity...

What really happened here is you felt the need to insert yourself into a conversation that you didn't actually have any relevant info about.

Ya know, the question where I asked about lisuride interacting with the DMT, & then become defensive when I didn't praise your non relevant information.

This is the second thread where you've acted like this to me & please know I'm just gana mute you because I'm sure your ego isn't gana react to this reply well ?

Waynish

I'd try 10-Methoxy-Harmalan if you're going to be doing it daily. Maybe Lisuride sometimes. It is quite powerful, yet not nearly as much as LSD. I do communicate to layman that "lisuride is basically a non-psychoactive LSD," but I don't believe it to be true really. LSD is so much more powerful if you go by experience. That power breaks through into the mind. Until we can get some clarity on the manufacturing process of LSD vs lisuride as derived from the same ergot, I cannot clarify the cause.

If your profile picture is of you, then I'd recommend eating more, exercising more, getting more sun (or similar), and taking more progesterone - instead.

K

Kayaker

What was the point of reading these studies? It had absolutely nothing to do with the information I'm seeking in regards to lisuride.
As a "neurodiverse" person, you should be able to figure it out. Also, you're not in a position to choose, waiting to be spoonfed information and all.
Yeah call it whatever you want mindfulness/meditation DOES NOT WORK for many people, in fact to be specific mindfulness literally causes my neurodiverse brain issues. I have far more congruent trains of thought than the average neurotypical person such as yourself.
You have no proof that I'm neurotypical, or that you're not neurotypical or detached from reality for that matter either.
Oh thank God you schooled me on this. Sorry to hear new ideas is how you define "strange think"?
You clearly interpret strange as something negative. Peat spoke about the language as a limit on thoughts. So let's define strange as "original".
This concept went totally over your head in regards to how the DMT works.
Are you trying to be funny, or are you having a breakdown from my completely amicable replies?
Why? Is that your standards in regards to what information I must post for you to, ya know, give any relevant information to the question asked versus your opinion?
If you want a good answer, then ask a good question.
Wow! This is so ignorant that I don't know if I should be angry or feel sorry for you. As a neurodiverse person please for the love of God don't think for a moment that you can talk for us. But I guess even though my brain functions at a level you're neurotypical brain couldn't even fathom it's all just a social construct/ neo psychiatric.
There are concepts grounded in science that can be referred to instead and they are called Alexithymia and Openness to Experience. Mushrooms are known to increase the latter, probably by a similar mechanism that your daughter's condition improved.
Well unlike some neuro typical people, such as yourself, I like to confirm what I'm experiencing. Relevant information makes my mind happy. It's part of my made up social construct neurodiversity...
So much for calling my information irrelevant, back up your sources.
What really happened here is you felt the need to insert yourself into a conversation that you didn't actually have any relevant info about.
That's your opinion and this thread is for the benefit of anyone reading.
Ya know, the question where I asked about lisuride interacting with the DMT, & then become defensive when I didn't praise your non relevant information.
Smoking too much DMT? I don't see where I became offensive.
This is the second thread where you've acted like this to me & please know I'm just gana mute you because I'm sure your ego isn't gana react to this reply well ?
You clearly behaved smugly right off the bat in both threads, for anyone who cares to take a look.

You aren't willing to assimilate new information and feel that you already have the answers. Perhaps your head is too full of ideas and you need mindfulness to sort them out.

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

I'd try 10-Methoxy-Harmalan if you're going to be doing it daily. Maybe Lisuride sometimes. It is quite powerful, yet not nearly as much as LSD. I do communicate to layman that "lisuride is basically a non-psychoactive LSD," but I don't believe it to be true really. LSD is so much more powerful if you go by experience. That power breaks through into the mind. Until we can get some clarity on the manufacturing process of LSD vs lisuride as derived from the same ergot, I cannot clarify the cause.

Feel free to look into it, it's derived from the same ergot.

You can start here: Comparative effects of LSD and lisuride: clues to specific hallucinogenic drug actions - PubMed.
"This review compares the effects of LSD and its nonhallucinogenic congener lisuride hydrogen maleate (LHM) on various biochemical, behavioral and electrophysiological indices of neuronal function."
If your profile picture is of you, then I'd recommend eating more, exercising more, getting more sun (or similar), and taking more progesterone - instead.
Wow lots of ignorant folks showing up in this thread. I eat 3200 calories a day, I'm 5'4 & weigh 122 so my BMI is ideal, I'm Irish so don't tan but freckle but live in high mountain desert so get plenty of sun & no I don't use sunscreen, & exercise daily as well as do intensive physical work on my farm.

But thanks for telling me you think I should look a specific way, a$$hole.

Waynish

Feel free to look into it, it's derived from the same ergot.

You can start here: Comparative effects of LSD and lisuride: clues to specific hallucinogenic drug actions - PubMed.
"This review compares the effects of LSD and its nonhallucinogenic congener lisuride hydrogen maleate (LHM) on various biochemical, behavioral and electrophysiological indices of neuronal function."

Wow lots of ignorant folks showing up in this thread. I eat 3200 calories a day, I'm 5'4 & weigh 122 so my BMI is ideal, I'm Irish so don't tan but freckle but live in high mountain desert so get plenty of sun & no I don't use sunscreen, & exercise daily as well as do intensive physical work on my farm.

But thanks for telling me you think I should look a specific way, a$$hole.
No need to react or take it like that; I'm an expert :innocent: You know what the word "forum" means, I'm sure. I reply, you do as you wish - as always.

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

No need to react or take it like that; I'm an expert :innocent: You know what the word "forum" means, I'm sure. I reply, you do as you wish - as always.
Yeah I understand what a forum is but you don't get to be rude & make snap judgements on a person then jurisdict how I'm allowed to react.

Especially when you consider this wasn't me asking a question about health, I literally did not request your input on any of that. I asked if anybody had come across studies about luceride interacting with the DMN.

Lastly, I highly doubt you're an expert. An expert wouldn't even try to "diagnose" someone from a picture with zero background knowledge of said person. Guess if I was naturally darker & obese I'd fit your bill of health ?

Cloudhands

ive had many experiences tripping balls on acid or mushrooms where i loop the same thought over and over and it feels like im literally in hell. colloquially wed call this looping, and it wasnt until id decide to have a new thought that it would stop. its weird, its like id have to be brave to have a new thought, like something about thinking the same thing over and over made me feel safe within my fear, and then when id do the thing that broke the cycle itd completely alleviate me from that hell i was stuck in. when i first started with hallucinogens i was very young and often the thoughts that were very groundbreaking to me were things that are very simple and "duh" to other people like "omg i need to eat healthy" or "wow, i should really be nicer to my mom" or simple but enormous things like that. As i got older and continue to trip they get more and more complex and would relate more to the way i view reality and stuff. is this the DMN repression youre talking about?

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

ive had many experiences tripping balls on acid or mushrooms where i loop the same thought over and over and it feels like im literally in hell. colloquially wed call this looping, and it wasnt until id decide to have a new thought that it would stop. its weird, its like id have to be brave to have a new thought, like something about thinking the same thing over and over made me feel safe within my fear, and then when id do the thing that broke the cycle itd completely alleviate me from that hell i was stuck in. when i first started with hallucinogens i was very young and often the thoughts that were very groundbreaking to me were things that are very simple and "duh" to other people like "omg i need to eat healthy" or "wow, i should really be nicer to my mom" or simple but enormous things like that. As i got older and continue to trip they get more and more complex and would relate more to the way i view reality and stuff. is this the DMN repression youre talking about?
Yeah looping happens with the bigger doses for sure, microdosing can really alleviate that but still repress the DMN.

The bit about having those new ideas & then being able to apply them is literally the result of breaking out of the DMN.

A good visual spatial example would be have you ever been like why in the hell did I drive to Walmart or wherever this isn't where I'm going? Basically anything where you've done it/gone there so many times you don't even have to think about it.

That's the DMN. Except our emotions/beliefs about self/others/fears/the world at large/& our behaviors are all well beaten pathways in the DMN too.

When we slow that center down we're literally forced to evaluate things like the very first time we're experiencing it & since we're always a different person we might be like "hey maybe I shouldn't treat my mom like ***t".

Or maybe I don't have to be depressed, scared, stuck, whatever.

It really just allows us to take a step out of our patterns & make new pathways in the DMN.

There's a huge amount of research coming out about it & in my state (Oregon) they've finally legalized mushrooms for various mental health related ailments.

I like the concept of lisuride because I mean I'd like that afterglow without having to trip balls. I mean we're all always after that next day feeling anyhow if you think about it.

Cloudhands

Yeah looping happens with the bigger doses for sure, microdosing can really alleviate that but still repress the DMN.

The bit about having those new ideas & then being able to apply them is literally the result of breaking out of the DMN.

A good visual spatial example would be have you ever been like why in the hell did I drive to Walmart or wherever this isn't where I'm going? Basically anything where you've done it/gone there so many times you don't even have to think about it.

That's the DMN. Except our emotions/beliefs about self/others/fears/the world at large/& our behaviors are all well beaten pathways in the DMN too.

When we slow that center down we're literally forced to evaluate things like the very first time we're experiencing it & since we're always a different person we might be like "hey maybe I shouldn't treat my mom like ***t".

Or maybe I don't have to be depressed, scared, stuck, whatever.

It really just allows us to take a step out of our patterns & make new pathways in the DMN.

There's a huge amount of research coming out about it & in my state (Oregon) they've finally legalized mushrooms for various mental health related ailments.

I like the concept of lisuride because I mean I'd like that afterglow without having to trip balls. I mean we're all always after that next day feeling anyhow if you think about it.
yeah i probably wouldnt expiriment with lisuride but now that i know the technical jargon involving the mechanism that facilitates that feeling i can research other ways to recreate it. thanks!

Waynish

Yeah I understand what a forum is but you don't get to be rude & make snap judgements on a person then jurisdict how I'm allowed to react.

Especially when you consider this wasn't me asking a question about health, I literally did not request your input on any of that. I asked if anybody had come across studies about luceride interacting with the DMN.

Lastly, I highly doubt you're an expert. An expert wouldn't even try to "diagnose" someone from a picture with zero background knowledge of said person. Guess if I was naturally darker & obese I'd fit your bill of health ?
Nah, if you were obese I would have recommended thyroid hormone and no grains. Your replies only reinforce my original perception as being spot on.

Perry Staltic

Nah, if you were obese I would have recommended thyroid hormone and no grains. Your replies only reinforce my original perception as being spot on.

All experts think they're spot on, and most aren't. I think she was spot on in the last word of post 11.

Neurodivergent? Hol' up, that's a new one.. Brb; consulting Wiki.

Well, clearly this is not science. This is activism. More progressive gobbledegook; more alphabet soup.

On the plus side, yet another way to early identify opinions that can be safely ignored without having to wade through the tedious mess.

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

Neurodivergent? Hol' up, that's a new one.. Brb; consulting Wiki.

Well, clearly this is not science. This is activism. More progressive gobbledegook; more alphabet soup.

On the plus side, yet another way to early identify opinions that can be safely ignored without having to wade through the tedious mess.

Maybe look a little deeper than wikipedia?

Unless you think,oh I don't know, autism & other differing brain types are "gobbledegook"?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom