Doritos Knock Me Out/Estrogen/Aromasin

maillol

Ok so...

I've noticed that Doritos of all things make me sleep well.

It can't be the salt because I get plenty of that anyway.
Corn depleting tryptophan? Maybe.
PUFA? I have had a low PUFA diet for years now so possibly but I can't really see through what mechanism they would help me sleep.

My sleep has been particularly bad since I took some Aromasin about 6 months ago. My estrogen isn't crashed or anything but it is on the low end of the scale. Could it be that the Doritos raise my estrogen? Having said that, beer in theory raises estrogen but beer doesn't make me sleep like Doritos do.

I know the consensus here is to keep estrogen as low as possible but I know from taking the Aromasin that there are definite negatives to having it too low (sleep, libido, joint pain). If I want to increase my estrogen as an experiment what would be the healthiest way to do it?

There must be a healthier way to sleep than Doritos! If not, I've found the solution guys, you're welcome!

redsun

Ok so...

PUFA? I have had a low PUFA diet for years now so possibly but I can't really see through what mechanism they would help me sleep.

My sleep has been particularly bad since I took some Aromasin about 6 months ago. My estrogen isn't crashed or anything but it is on the low end of the scale. Could it be that the Doritos raise my estrogen? Having said that, beer in theory raises estrogen but beer doesn't make me sleep like Doritos do.

I know the consensus here is to keep estrogen as low as possible but I know from taking the Aromasin that there are definite negatives to having it too low (sleep, libido, joint pain). If I want to increase my estrogen as an experiment what would be the healthiest way to do it?

There must be a healthier way to sleep than Doritos! If not, I've found the solution guys, you're welcome!

How about eating well salted starch mixed with healthy fat and not doritos which use vegetable oils? Maybe your issue is not enough salt, or diet is too low fat, or the starch is helping you sleep by providing glucose?

Runenight201

Doritos are highly digestible and covered in spices which are highly pleasurable.

I would suggest trying your own dish with the same spices and see where that takes you.

Tarmander

my bet would be pufa and estrogen knocking you out. Try it for another few months and see if it keeps working.

tankasnowgod

Ok so...

You've eaten a low pufa diet "for years" but decided to experiment with doritos for their ability to induce sleep? Suuuuuuuure. Sounds legit.

Exemestane has been discussed on the forum along with other AIs, but even it has been noted to have effects on hormones other than estrogen. If is was exemestane that did trigger sleep problems, it might be due to something other than estrogen.

Peat has many times spoken favorably about tortilla chips fried in coconut oil. Why not try that? Similar to doritos, but with a much superior oil.

Last edited:
There are of course healthier ways to sleep than doritos.
Please do not advise direct or indirect for junkfood-consumption.

"There must be a healthier way to sleep than Doritos! If not, I've found the solution guys, you're welcome!"

This is dangerous and reckless,no its not funny,junkfood must not be advised imho.

Maybe its inflammation or hyperserotoninemia that puts you to sleep.

Runenight201

There are of course healthier ways to sleep than doritos.
Please do not advise direct or indirect for junkfood-consumption.

"There must be a healthier way to sleep than Doritos! If not, I've found the solution guys, you're welcome!"

This is dangerous and reckless,no its not funny,junkfood must not be advised imho.

Maybe its inflammation or hyperserotoninemia that puts you to sleep.

Notice he said sleep well, not just fall asleep. I can eat bad food and be immediately knocked out, only to wake up a couple hours later. Consuming food in the correct manner will have me asleep and awake in a healthier natural cycle.

While I don’t think his Doritos are the best solution to his sleep problems, if the Doritos cause him to have better sleep than any other food he’s tried, is it really dangerous or harmful? I would say it’s more harmful to eat a Peat approved food and then end up with terrible sleep!

In the end, it’s precisely this spirit of creativity and willing to experiment with anything which results in ingrained wisdom and the progress of individual health.

OP
maillol

maillol

Thanks for the comments guys.

I'd just like to let everyone know that Tristan and I are releasing a book "DORITOS ARE THE KEY TO HEALTH". We are doctors and this should be taken as medical advice.

Runenight, that is my thinking, while my diet could be perfect in theory it can't be healthy to not be sleeping.

Tarmander, this is the theory that seems strongest to me too.

Lo-Dose Benzodiazepine looks more healthy than Doritos-induced-hybernation.
Or take l-tryptophan as an sleeping aid.
Or see if you can sleep well with freshly cooked Potatoes and Butter.
Maybe its better to not sleep?

mipp

Probably pufa. About a year ago I used sunflower oil to make popcorn when I was house-sitting for relatives for a couple days. It was the only cooking oil they had. Also the first time I used a high-pufa oil in ages. The smell was awful, taste wasn't great, but it gave me the best sleep I'd had in months. Coconut oil, which I normally use, doesn't have that effect for sure.
Thinkg about this... When I was trying to follow the lowest PUFA diet, my sleep was also the worst ever, waking up many times during the night. Hmm...

raypeatclips

Probably pufa. About a year ago I used sunflower oil to make popcorn when I was house-sitting for relatives for a couple days. It was the only cooking oil they had. Also the first time I used a high-pufa oil in ages. The smell was awful, taste wasn't great, but it gave me the best sleep I'd had in months. Coconut oil, which I normally use, doesn't have that effect for sure.
Thinkg about this... When I was trying to follow the lowest PUFA diet, my sleep was also the worst ever, waking up many times during the night. Hmm...

What if some PUFA in the diet is good for us??? :eek::eek:

sladerunner69

Personally I think stress hormones like estrogen and cortisol can have an acute calming effect. The body releases estrogen to reduce inflammation, so there might be a psychological consequence of a dearth of stress hormones. When I eat MUFA or PUFA I get sleepy.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals