Dopamine Raising (list)

OP
ddjd

ddjd

@Joeyd, yes Bromantane is one of the best things I know for sustainably boosting dopamine, as it upregulates tyrosine hydroxylase, the rate limiting enzyme for dopamine production. Highly recommend, I had some of that stuff from Nootropics Source a while ago and was getting subtle but nice, clean, confidence, motivating, and mood brightening effects from it. Taking that stuff with tianeptine sulfate made my life feel smooth and chill, and whenever I missed a dose I'd miss that great feeling.

You can also try look tetrahydrobiopterin from irc.bio, I can't explain that one as well but look it up. It's another limiting factor in dopamine production, essentially.
@KyleKingsly any update on the bromantane, still taking it?

OP
ddjd

ddjd

Correct if I'm wrong, since you definitely know more about this stuff than I do, but doesn't the study say "DHEAS and ALLO, but not DHEA, also affected catecholamine synthesis." So your Pansterone, for example, wouldn't affect catecholamine synthesis because you have DHEA and not DHEAS in there?
This seems like quite a good article on the difference between DHEA and DHEA-S The Distinction Between DHEA and DHEA-S & Why Both Are Important For a Healthy Brain - The ZRT Laboratory Blog

Broken earpod

One important factor about boosting dopamine is the BH4 cycle. The BH4 cycle is down regulated by excess ROS, oxidized cholesterol, etc. Lowering those with NAC, niacinamide, glycine, vit C, methylfolate will boost the BH4 cycle and dopamine levels.

One of my clients took methylfolate and his mood improved significantly.
Taking a dopamine precursor like mucuna pruriens, phenylalanine, tyrosine, etc., will do nothing if BH4 is downregulated.

What would be a good way to increase methylfolate? Supplementing it directly?
The label of the vit b complex that I use reads folic acid as Pteroylmonoglutamic acid.
And as I understand it folate, folic acid and methylfolate are not the same thing. Folate is the natural occuring form, folic acid is the synthetic form and methylfolate is the active form of folate. And to make the active form your body has to use an enzyme which has a limited conversion capacity. Correct?

KyleKingsly

auto-effects of some pheromone products can indeed be very strong, ive experimented with them in the past

I've experimented with some Pheromone products but have had either bad effects that I really didn't like or effects that seemed subtle enough to be placebo. The only mone product that really seemed to work for me is Bad Wolf, but I had to be in a good state of mind or it could make me stressed out and edgy. It's definitely powerful stuff tho, I believe that Liquid Alchemy Labs has some of the best products out on the market by far.

What mone products would you say are "very strong?" I've spent hundreds of those products and was frustrated I didn't find more noticeable effects from most of them.

Allosteric modulation is not the same thing as blocking/antagonizing I assume.
I can’t tell for certain, but I don’t think that negative allosteric Modulation would worsen your anxiety. It really seem to help depressed people, and anxiety is surely a comorbidity for many affected people.
I‘m not depressed and generally would say don’t experience social anxiety more than a normal nervousness in some situations.
Androsterone-Sulfate usage as described in my post has done nothing but increasing self-assurance and confidence but in a calm and natural-feeling way.
You think quicker and calmer and verbal fluency and intelligence is increased or you can better access your abilities in this areas.
GABA-A and B seem to be very different in effects, but maybe using phenibut alongside those sulfates is a good combo, I have no experiences with nootropics though.
Shoot me a pm if you‘d like to try androsterone-Sulfate aerosol. It’s cheap and the vendor is reliable.

not

I think your approach to using individual pheromone molecules specifically for the self effects is fascinating and highly underexplored. Some may feel that these products are psuedosciency or "too good to be true" but I firmly believe that pheromones do indeed have vast work to affect both the user's mental state, perception of the world, and behavior, and also the same of others near the user. I think that the greatest potential use for pheromones lies in tapping into individual molecules or maybe combining just a few rather than the current blends on the market, which are probably too confusing to the body to work well.

I'm absolutely fascinated by the effects you described and will PM you now to explore this area further. You should really start your own thread reporting these benefits, I'm sure many members would love to replicate them and maybe some a few other members will have some experience in this area, I know there a decent number of people on here that have tried pheromones.

Here is some fascinating information on individual pheromones, with the website's description off androsterone sulfate definitely having some parallels with your description of the effects you noticed!! Effects Of INDIVIDUAL Human Pheromones (Researched And Reviewed) I think you're really onto something here. Again, I know that this website might look sketchy and like it's just trying to sell you something but I've read across a lot of the posts on there and I think the author is pretty trustworthy. Just be aware that he only tends to mention the positives of pheromone products, for the whole story you gotta read independent reviews on pherotruth.com.

By the way, if you want to replicate those same effects you mentioned, you have to look into nootropics like bromantane and tianeptine sulfate. They're amazing for those purposes. Phenibut, 1,4 BDO, and pregabalin are not nootropics strictly speaking but they're all pretty safe (if respected and used only occasionally) and are absolutely glorious.

@KyleKingsly any update on the bromantane, still taking it?

I ran out a while ago but I def miss it. It's subtle and kinda expensive enough that I think twice about ordering more but I definitely would have ordered more already if I wasn't a broke college student, haha. I realized that some of the effects I described previously could be partially attributable to tianeptine sulfate (those are the mood and confidence boosting ones). In contrast, bromantane is more of a very smooth background anxiolytic/stress reducer that also boosts energy, reduces fatigue, and generally makes me ready to do more in a day. It pushes me past small to moderate fear, laziness, and discomfort to take action nevertheless. Kinda hard to describe really but it's very interesting, and I think, very healthy stuff to be taking regularly. Dose the powder at 50 - 100mg sublingually and you'll feel it, subtly but surely.

Last edited:

LeeLemonoil

The information on house of pheromones is superficial at best, most of it are repeated self-perpetuated myth.

I‘ve spent many time researching the possible MoAsof a wide variety of steroidal and non-steroidal volatiles, they‘re numerous and get better described and eludicated with every passing year, sometimes one has to think a bit outside of the box to see it, but it‘s all proven implicately and explicated already.
I don’t call them pheromones but semio-chemicals. Communication and action of honk Sapiens is highly influenced and modulated by them .

KyleKingsly

The information on house of pheromones is superficial at best, most of it are repeated self-perpetuated myth.

I‘ve spent many time researching the possible MoAsof a wide variety of steroidal and non-steroidal volatiles, they‘re numerous and get better described and eludicated with every passing year, sometimes one has to think a bit outside of the box to see it, but it‘s all proven implicately and explicated already.
I don’t call them pheromones but semio-chemicals. Communication and action of honk Sapiens is highly influenced and modulated by them .

Yeah you know you're prob right about that site, it does seem like most of the info on mones is a bit sketchy and probably highly placebo/confirmation bias prone.

Where are you getting information about "semio-chemicals?" I'd love to learn more about them but I feel like the forums I've come across are only helpful to a certain degree. I'd love to come across some reliable sources on the subjective/behavioral effects of individual molecules that describes in a manner that I can understand.

I'm still waiting for a PM response from you on your source for androsterone sulfate, you can just post it here too if that's easier. I'm also super interested in whether you've tried another other semio-chemicals or think there are any other promising ones out there too!

Do you think taking Tyrosine or Phenylalanine alongside low dose DHEA might provide a potent Dopamine boost?

If DHEA did indeed induce TH, it would be a good idea to take that with either (tyrosine would prob work a lot better), however, based on what I said earlier, I'm not at all convinced that it does have that mechanism. I think haidut misinterpreted that study. Bromantane and perhaps forskolin (I know some don't think it's peaty tho) both are known to induce TH and would be better options imo.

OP
ddjd

ddjd

If DHEA did indeed induce TH, it would be a good idea to take that with either (tyrosine would prob work a lot better), however, based on what I said earlier, I'm not at all convinced that it does have that mechanism. I think haidut misinterpreted that study. Bromantane and perhaps forskolin (I know some don't think it's peaty tho) both are known to induce TH and would be better options imo.
i get all the symptomns of raised dopamine after just 5-10mg dhea so i think haidut is probably correct. is Bromantane hard to come by, im interested in trying it also, but perhaps dhea a safer option long term

haidut

Forum Supporter
Do you think taking Tyrosine or Phenylalanine alongside low dose DHEA might provide a potent Dopamine boost?

It may, especially if BCAA/gelatin is also used with them.

Beefcake

For me phenylananie is the most potent but I get weird side effects even at 500mg. Other I really enjoy higher doses of taurine. I take like 1/2 to 1 tablespoon. Guess its a couple of grams. Only positive effects. Like someone else mentioned. Sunlight works so does a good cicardian rhythm. Wake up and go to bed about same time. Exercise like running work for me at least.

Antonello

Anything to add to the below?

Increasing Dopamine:

- L-Phenylalanine
- Adamantane
- theanine
- phenibut
- PQQ
- metergoline
- tianeptine
- cacao
- b6 (pyridoxine hydrochloride)
- phosphatidylserine
- vitamin A
- inosine
- vitamin C
- vitamin K & napthaquinones (tetracycline, coq10 etc.)
- methylene blue
- acetazolamide
- zinc
- uridine
- nicotine
- taurine
- lisuride
- aspirin
- bromocriptine
- memantine
- caffeine

Decreasing dopamine:

- Nitric Oxide
- BCAA
- saturated fat
- niacin / niacinamide
- folate
- manganese
- dmae
- b5
- copper
- fluorescent light
- clonidine
- b1
What form of folate have you used for say decrease dopamine?

Antonello

For me phenylananie is the most potent but I get weird side effects even at 500mg. Other I really enjoy higher doses of taurine. I take like 1/2 to 1 tablespoon. Guess its a couple of grams. Only positive effects. Like someone else mentioned. Sunlight works so does a good cicardian rhythm. Wake up and go to bed about same time. Exercise like running work for me at least.
What side effects do you have from phenylalanine?

YourUniverse

Thanks for bumping this thread Antonello.

I forget if this was brought up, but a really potent way of increasing dopamine is to minimize adrenaline, which is something Im sure most Peaters are already attempting to do.

Adrenaline and Dopamine are both formed using Tyrosine.

Ofc, simple ways to decrease adrenaline are sufficient sugar and salt

LaurentL

Hi guys
Just found this study of interest in regard to dopamine. A diet high in saturated fat seems to negatively affect the dopamine receptors - but monounsaturated (olive oil) does not. Of course not going back to Pufa, but would it not be better to balance saturated cooking oils with true olive oil to have less of this dopamine-blocking effects? What do yo think of this study? If this is accurate, we are a in pinch on a RP inspired diet that relies heavily on saturated fat and also wants to favour dopamine over serotonin...
Dampened Mesolimbic Dopamine Function and Signaling by Saturated but not Monounsaturated Dietary Lipids

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom