Dopamine how to increase it

Nippy

. I've been on SSRIs for years. Now off them but suffer pssd . What can I take to boost my dopamine..there must be something . I tried l dopa tried it for a few days and nothing ... I tried maccuna pruriens but again nothing .... Please anything . Don't suggest food and exercise and stopping using phone. I've tired it all.

dlind70

Live in a stimulating evironment. Paint your room.
Listen to jazz music all day long
Increase calories until you can't eat anymore this will guarantee to increase dopamine you have the most oxidation at exactly 1:00 p.m. in the middle of the day so if you eat a big lunch you will be definitely increasing your dopamine. I would say in order to fix the problem get at least 4000 calories if you're a male take a nap afterwards
Good luck ?

dlind70

Also an odd way to increase dopamine is listening to podcasts about subjects that you find interesting like there is a podcast out there called tech TV I listen to that and just by hearing somebody else talk and having a stimulating life their stimulation is imparted on you so by learning or by listening to the podcast you can increase your knowledge and awareness of life just by hearing another expert talk about it say his name is called Steve Gibson if you listen to Steve Gibson talk you will definitely increase your dopamine and drive for life because he has so much knowledge all you have to have is an open mind

OP
N

Nippy

Increase calories until you can't eat anymore this will guarantee to increase dopamine you have the most oxidation at exactly 1:00 p.m. in the middle of the day so if you eat a big lunch you will be definitely increasing your dopamine. I would say in order to fix the problem get at least 4000 calories if you're a male take a nap afterwards
Good luck ?
Thanks but I've tried that eating over 4000 a day only thing that happened was weight gain.

lepetitcheval

Hi,
I'm working on this currently because it's been destroyed be excessive cell phone usage & a recent bout of major depression.
Best thing that I've found: Sit down the night before (important not to do day of) and make a list of very small things that will improve your life (cleaning out the refrigerator). Write them down. Do them and cross them off. To get more dopamine make the things progressively more novel / more difficult / more risky. Tomorrow I'm smuggling cocaine to mars on a homemade atlas 5 rocket ship. Jk. Make the list really really easy to start. Remind yourself that doing something > doing nothing / floating. If your mind likes to float, mine does, put it on the list and do it nature, not digital nature.

remember that behavior is the master level. energy & structure are interdependent on every level, but I think its important to find the will to impart some energy absent a lifegiving bioenergetic feedback loop. I'm hoping that that comes later.

BibleBeliever

Technically speaking instead of ssris, one RayPeat recommended way:
psilocybin
he promotes lsd above this, or at least has written of it, microdosing either is safer.
Not to get drugged, but people use it, especially psilocybin in a microdose for this purpose.

The mechanism of action is that both methods completely block the conversion of tryptophan to serotonin. As a result this causes the brain to produce a lot more dopamine naturally.
Haidut in one interview speaks of a very large study of people who were infertile. No matter how much testosterone they had they remained infertile with high serotonin.
Once serotonin was lowered they became fertile, because dopamine naturally went up. (Not that you mention this, but dopamine is very related to this mechanism)

If one had no other choice but SSRIS, microdosing psilocybin would be better, but still not to go contrary to a sober, sound mind.

It should be noted this should be achievable by these RayPeat food mechanisms alone:

high gelatin cuts, as by having 0 tryptophan they naturally lower serotonin, which automatically increases dopamine.
High salt lowers serotonin, which raises dopamine automatically.
High calcium helps promote the conversion of tryptophan to niacin instead of serotonin, which subsequently would help increase dopamine.

The best way is to lower serotonin to regulate everything else.
Taking dopamine supplements can have dangerous side effects, so this way is much safer. High thyroid should help this mechanism.

Nomane Euger

Good luck ?
hi ,jazz music is clearly not the optimal music to increase dopamine and it feel it increase serotonin for most jazz musics i have listened too,dopamine is power/motivation/optimisme,jazz is far from absolute optimisme,a lot of moaning/complaining/suffering in most of these,even if mixed with some good vibes for certains .why would you recommand someone to stuff himself with 4000 calories to get a dopamine hit with out mentionning specifics,you are not gonna get a dopamine hit with 4000 calories of breakfast cereals?

I'm.No.One

Technically speaking instead of ssris, one RayPeat recommended way:
psilocybin
he promotes lsd above this, or at least has written of it, microdosing either is safer.
Not to get drugged, but people use it, especially psilocybin in a microdose for this purpose.

The mechanism of action is that both methods completely block the conversion of tryptophan to serotonin. As a result this causes the brain to produce a lot more dopamine naturally.
Haidut in one interview speaks of a very large study of people who were infertile. No matter how much testosterone they had they remained infertile with high serotonin.
Once serotonin was lowered they became fertile, because dopamine naturally went up. (Not that you mention this, but dopamine is very related to this mechanism)

If one had no other choice but SSRIS, microdosing psilocybin would be better, but still not to go contrary to a sober, sound mind.

It should be noted this should be achievable by these RayPeat food mechanisms alone:

high gelatin cuts, as by having 0 tryptophan they naturally lower serotonin, which automatically increases dopamine.
High salt lowers serotonin, which raises dopamine automatically.
High calcium helps promote the conversion of tryptophan to niacin instead of serotonin, which subsequently would help increase dopamine.

The best way is to lower serotonin to regulate everything else.
Taking dopamine supplements can have dangerous side effects, so this way is much safer. High thyroid should help this mechanism.
This has always been conflicting for me since we know that psilocybin increases serotonin levels.

One mushroom as an alternative is amanita muscaria, it doesn't hit serotonin levels but GABA which would have a bigger effect on dopamine. Side note, it's legal pretty much everywhere/can buy online.

Nokoni

Lisuride is a dopamine agonist.

Jayvee

Anecdotally I find 'dopamine agonists/'boosters' make me jittery and they never live up to the hype. I think those who are more in a good metabolic state tend to do better on them. For me Pyruvate has a much more "feel good" lasting effect without any crashes or weird wirey effects. As a sidenote though... you do have to really make sure you start slow and increase your carbs. Overloading with Pyrucet from the off will just crash you.

OP
N

Nippy

Anecdotally I find 'dopamine agonists/'boosters' make me jittery and they never live up to the hype. I think those who are more in a good metabolic state tend to do better on them. For me Pyruvate has a much more "feel good" lasting effect without any crashes or weird wirey effects. As a sidenote though... you do have to really make sure you start slow and increase your carbs. Overloading with Pyrucet from the off will just crash you.
Ohh thanks I'll look at that

Gânico

Coffee mixed with raw milk and raw honey makes my dopamine hit uranus, i feel like a god after having it

dlind70

hi ,jazz music is clearly not the optimal music to increase dopamine and it feel it increase serotonin for most jazz musics i have listened too,dopamine is power/motivation/optimisme,jazz is far from absolute optimisme,a lot of moaning/complaining/suffering in most of these,even if mixed with some good vibes for certains .why would you recommand someone to stuff himself with 4000 calories to get a dopamine hit with out mentionning specifics,you are not gonna get a dopamine hit with 4000 calories of breakfast cereals?
Don't think about the why. Have you tried it?

dlind70

4000 is nothing at 1 pm. Because your oxidation rate is highest at 1pm everyday. It'll help in the long run the dopamine issue since you with metabolize it

Nomane Euger

Don't think about the why. Have you tried it?
Hi,yes I have already ate 4000 calories in the past,that’s why I said that it is bad advice with out talking about specifics,you can Experience characteristics associated with high dopamine with three times less calories than that with proper foods,if a person think she is lacking these characteristics then she is probably lacking certains things from diet and/or his life style his innapropriate,most of peoples won’t lack these dopamine associated characteristics due to not eating enough calories,and if your diet doesn’t make you feel good and dopaminergic,more calories from the same food is probably not the solution

Nomane Euger

4000 is nothing at 1 pm. Because your oxidation rate is highest at 1pm everyday. It'll help in the long run the dopamine issue since you with metabolize it
I did not understand,can you explicit?i have experienced high dopamine associated characteristics at 2 am after 2 hours sleeps,and low dopamine associated characteristics during the day even at 1pm,the main factor was Wich food I was eating,intensity of light

BibleBeliever

This has always been conflicting for me since we know that psilocybin increases serotonin levels.

One mushroom as an alternative is amanita muscaria, it doesn't hit serotonin levels but GABA which would have a bigger effect on dopamine. Side note, it's legal pretty much everywhere/can buy online.
Where is that data from? All data related to this forum has shown the opposite.

For instance at least in the case of lsd, Ray associates there disapproval of lsd as the foundation for how SSRIs became the normative. In that it was known to be a powerful anti-serotonin agent via the mechanism of inhibiting the conversion of tryptophan to serotonin.
Psilo is through the same mechanism. At least at low dosages.

What data shows otherwise?

"This is partly because of the involvement of the drug industry, but the U.S. government also played a role in setting a pattern of confused and perverse interpretation of serotonin physiology, by its policy of denigrating and incriminating LSD, a powerful serotonin (approximate) antagonist, by any means possible, for example claiming that it causes genetic damage and provokes homicidal or suicidal violence. The issue of genetic damage was already disproved in the 1960s, but this was never publicly acknowledged by the National Institutes of Mental Health or other government agency. The government’s irresponsible actions helped to create the drug culture, in which health warnings about drugs were widely disregarded, because the government had been caught in blatant fraud. In more recent years, government warnings about tryptophan supplements have been widely dismissed, because the government has so often lied. Even when the public health agencies try to do something right, they fail, because they have done so much wrong.

In animal studies LSD, and other anti-serotonin agents, increase playfulness and accelerate learning, and cause behavioral impairment only at very high doses. While reserpine was used medically for several decades, and was eventually found to have harmful side effects, medical research in LSD was stopped before its actual side effects could be discovered. The misrepresentations about LSD, as a powerful antiserotonin agent, allowed a set of cultural stereotypes about serotonin to be established. Misconceptions about serotonin and melatonin and tryptophan, which are metabolically interrelated, have persisted, and it seems that the drug industry has exploited these mistakes to promote the “new generation” of psychoactive drugs as activators of serotonin responses. If LSD makes people go berserk, as the government claimed, then a product to amplify the effects of serotonin should make people sane."

BibleBeliever

More threads on the subject:

The quote by Ray:
"The main nerves that produce Serotonin are just turned off by LSD and psilocybin , the best known psychedelics. "
- Ray Peat

I'm.No.One

Yeah I've read this before. You're trying to compare what ray is primarily saying
about LSD to what I'm saying about psilocybin which is an entirely different drug that bonds to different receptors in the brain (something he kinda just doesn't touch on)

There's a lot of talk about jumping serotonin levels on basically any microdosing forum you visit. People are even measuring/sharing how they know when they've successfully raise their levels...

They essentially talk about psilocybin bonding to serotonin receptors which rapidly increases the density of receptors and then when your high wears off you are able to uptake your serotonin more efficiently.

Psilocybin is a new green washed SSRI.

That's why I am buying up all the stock I can I'm the TWENTY PLUS companies that are already in phase 2-3 of FDA backed research.

Do I think it will help some people? Sure.

Do I think people are suspectable to thinking because it's a plant (mushroom in this case) that can make us feel great in the afterglow for a time that it's solving out issues? Yep.

A Single Dose of Psilocybin Increases Synaptic Density and Decreases 5-HT2A Receptor Density in the Pig Brain

More heightened 5HT info, dose specific: Effect of psilocin on extracellular dopamine and serotonin levels in the mesoaccumbens and mesocortical pathway in awake rats - PubMed

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals