Dopamine And Ease Of Movement

BingDing

I've been using tyrosine first thing in the morning for a couple months, in the interest of increasing dopamine. I was thinking it worked, but couldn't tell so good.

The Wiki page has got a ton of information. But what grabbed me was that dopamine is active in a part of the brain that controls movement. The Wiki page emphasized Parkinson's patients who cannot move at all.

I think I've seen improvement in movement, it's such a fundamental thing that it's hard to judge. I wasn't as stiff as Lurch on the Adam's Family, but I had noticed some difficulty going down stairs, for example. But I will testify that moving, dancing around in my apartment and going down steps, has loosened up quite a bit.

My 2 cents if you are trying to judge dopamine levels.

Gl;itch.e

I have been thinking about a potential link between serotonin and the morning stiffness (dont be rude!) I get. Mostly I notice it as a slightly painful lower back when putting on shoes etc and just general immobility in the legs when walking first thing in the morning. Disappears quickly but perhaps it indicates not waking up fully rested. I only seem to notice it on days that Im waking up for work and relying on an alarm to get me up. Perhaps the night time rise in serotonin hasn't abated fully when Im forced to wake up early.

OP
BingDing

BingDing

Interesting that you mention that, I've had stiffness in my lower legs when I wake up for maybe a year. It's like my ankles aren't quite up to par. And then it disappears quickly. I had read that accumulation of advanced glycation endproducts in the connective tissue of joints was the cause.

But now I'm not sure. I don't think I've experienced it in the last month. I'll have to pay attention.

Blinkyrocket

I have weird stiffness in the morning where I can't squeeze my hands or move my feet without it feeling really weak, not like it's hard to do but like it just won't happen.

Nicholas

i've had the same thing glitch for the past couple months - feels slightly stiff waist down with almost the heaviness you might feel when a limb falls asleep - like motor skills aren't quite up to par - and then it's gone in less than 5 min. this started happening roughly around the same time i got a new mattress.

Blinkyrocket said:
I have weird stiffness in the morning where I can't squeeze my hands or move my feet without it feeling really weak, not like it's hard to do but like it just won't happen.

I hate that :ss