Don't under estimate stress from a stressful job

nigma

Even though I've known of Peats work for years and incorporated many aspects, my health has suffered significantly due to a stressful job.

I have recently quit and will be focusing on regaining my creativity, enthusiasm for life, and energy. The last few years I think serotonin has been reducing these.

I will be learning an instrument, getting enough quality and well prepared food, relaxing with red light, getting labs done and optimising youth associated hormones, studying ray peat, looking for work opportunities that are meaningful and make me excited, learning about goal setting, actively trying to reduce serotonin.

Would like one day to experiment on a farm with creating artificial bioenergetic conditions, such as leaving bright red lights on at night in a field somewhere, high CO2, high voltage static electric fields (based on the primeval code work) and others.

JanW55

Forum Supporter
I am so glad you posted this, @nigma -- your post is very relevant to me and I think extremely true! (Don't underestimate the stress part I mean.)

Despite following Peat principles for 6 plus years now, and seeing improvement, I think job stress is a continuing factor preventing a lot more improvement.

Right now, I am at a decision point to either resign a very stressful job or try to keep on keeping on, in the current position, while hoping to get another one in the same firm.

Don't think I can face returning from my current unpaid 'leave' to take on the high-stress position again and there's probably little hope of either getting something else there, or it being any less stressful anyway.

Thanks so much, and best to all your endeavors!

Steve

Even though I've known of Peats work for years and incorporated many aspects, my health has suffered significantly due to a stressful job.

I have recently quit and will be focusing on regaining my creativity, enthusiasm for life, and energy. The last few years I think serotonin has been reducing these.

I will be learning an instrument, getting enough quality and well prepared food, relaxing with red light, getting labs done and optimising youth associated hormones, studying ray peat, looking for work opportunities that are meaningful and make me excited, learning about goal setting, actively trying to reduce serotonin.

Would like one day to experiment on a farm with creating artificial bioenergetic conditions, such as leaving bright red lights on at night in a field somewhere, high CO2, high voltage static electric fields (based on the primeval code work) and others.
This is always on my mind as my job is very stressful and I am just miserable and wiped out until the weekend arrives. I know without a doubt it's not good for my health.
Unfortunately I didn't save enough for retirement over the years, so I need the salary, and I don't have any highly desirable skills to get a job elsewhere without taking a large pay cut. Guess they call that Golden Handcuffs.

I keep trying to come up with an idea to escape yet keep the same level of income, but I haven't figured it out yet.
If I find a lesser-paying, more enjoyable job then I have to work more years to have barely sufficient retirement money.
If I stay with my current horrible job I can work less years to have barely sufficient retirement money.

equipoise

There are certain things in life no supplement or diet change will resolve. Being stuck in a rut, doing things you dont like doing in a hope you'll "make it" one day is blatant disillusion sold to honest people by the power mongers. Unfortunately there's not much to be done there but I'd reckon you still have the ultimate power to change your surroundings.

JanW55

Forum Supporter
Ray Peat's Newsletter, for May 2021. Just out today. Received in email. Entitled "Intention, Learning and Health" the underlying theme for me, right here and right now, is that it is of utmost importance to consider the choices one makes in one's activities and environment, AND the reactions one has, to those. @equipoise has it just right, immediately above.

OP
nigma

nigma

I am so glad you posted this, @nigma -- your post is very relevant to me and I think extremely true! (Don't underestimate the stress part I mean.)

Despite following Peat principles for 6 plus years now, and seeing improvement, I think job stress is a continuing factor preventing a lot more improvement.

Right now, I am at a decision point to either resign a very stressful job or try to keep on keeping on, in the current position, while hoping to get another one in the same firm.

Don't think I can face returning from my current unpaid 'leave' to take on the high-stress position again and there's probably little hope of either getting something else there, or it being any less stressful anyway.

Thanks so much, and best to all your endeavors!
Thank you. I am focusing on imaging a job that would make me happy to, its worth more than money. Its an interesting way to think. Im so used to thinking in terms of pure utility, thinking holistically in terms of work doesn't come naturally to me.

If its possible, try apply for some other job. The stress aint worth it. The world has so many opportunities.

OP
nigma

nigma

This is always on my mind as my job is very stressful and I am just miserable and wiped out until the weekend arrives. I know without a doubt it's not good for my health.
Unfortunately I didn't save enough for retirement over the years, so I need the salary, and I don't have any highly desirable skills to get a job elsewhere without taking a large pay cut. Guess they call that Golden Handcuffs.

I keep trying to come up with an idea to escape yet keep the same level of income, but I haven't figured it out yet.
If I find a lesser-paying, more enjoyable job then I have to work more years to have barely sufficient retirement money.
If I stay with my current horrible job I can work less years to have barely sufficient retirement money.
I really think keeping savings in bitcoin is a solution for this. It is really reducing my fear of the future, it gives me security.

Because of the current inflationary monetary policy of most governments everyone is being grossly underpaid for their labour.

www.wtfhappenedin1971.com is a website everyone should check out.

Attachments

• IMG_20210603_161918.jpg
    IMG_20210603_161918.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 12
OP
nigma

nigma

There are certain things in life no supplement or diet change will resolve. Being stuck in a rut, doing things you dont like doing in a hope you'll "make it" one day is blatant disillusion sold to honest people by the power mongers. Unfortunately there's not much to be done there but I'd reckon you still have the ultimate power to change your surroundings.
Thanks for your thoughts. I agree, a human being is sovereign, we create our futures.. and more so if one has greater energy flowing through them, i.e. thyroid.

Believing in yourself and a positive future is also probably good for thyroid levels, which I have under valued in the past.

OP
nigma

nigma

Ray Peat's Newsletter, for May 2021. Just out today. Received in email. Entitled "Intention, Learning and Health" the underlying theme for me, right here and right now, is that it is of utmost importance to consider the choices one makes in one's activities and environment, AND the reactions one has, to those. @equipoise has it just right, immediately above.
Looking forward to reading it.

Mauritio

Yes I arrived at a similar conclusion. Especially how important your environment is for your health.
And if you're environment is stressful your body will make stress chemicals until your environment is changing.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals