Don't Low Carb And Iron-man "athlete" Type People Get Blood Tests?

encerent

If these health conscious low carbers and extreme endurance sport people (and low carb and endurance sports go together quite a bit) get blood tests wouldn't they see their stress hormones, estrogen, cortisol, prolactin through the roof and their adaptive hormones like T and thyroid tanking badly?

Or do these guys actually have good results on their blood tests (high T and thyroid and low stress hormones)? Or do they not do blood tests? I haven't read too much on those types of forums ( can't stomach some of their lingo, "my N=1") so I really am curious. You can feel "full of energy ggeee!" and "feel great" and hardly "need" sleep if you have high stress hormones, but your bio-markers won't be fooled.

Last edited:

tankasnowgod

If these health conscious low carbers and extreme endurance sport people (and low carb and endurance sports go together quite a bit) get blood tests wouldn't they see their stress hormones, estrogen, cortisol, prolactin through the roof and their adaptive hormones like T and thyroid tanking badly?

Mainly, I wanted to respond to the bolded part- they don't. Any endurance athlete that is at all competitive will eat a fair amount of carbs. Timothy Olsen is often held up as a "Low Carb Athlete," but when you look up his diet, it is lower carb than many other athletes, but still in the area of 200-300g a day or more. The only place where people can be low carb and still be competitive is bodybuilding.

As far as the tests you mentioned, I would say most non-bodybuilders don't test those unless they are dealing with a perceived problem.

The markers are probably good if they feel good. How many of them just say the feel good and actually hate their life, is another question...

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals