1. Spring Sale 10% Off @ LifeGivingStore.com Till June 10th With Coupon Code: SPRING2020
    Click Here!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. LifeGivingStore.com New Products List:
    Natural Dessicated Thyroid

Magnesium Hydroxide

Dismiss Notice

Don't Low Carb And Iron-man "athlete" Type People Get Blood Tests?

Discussion in 'Ray Peat Topics' started by encerent, Apr 3, 2017.

1. encerent

encerent Member

If these health conscious low carbers and extreme endurance sport people (and low carb and endurance sports go together quite a bit) get blood tests wouldn't they see their stress hormones, estrogen, cortisol, prolactin through the roof and their adaptive hormones like T and thyroid tanking badly?

Or do these guys actually have good results on their blood tests (high T and thyroid and low stress hormones)? Or do they not do blood tests? I haven't read too much on those types of forums ( can't stomach some of their lingo, "my N=1") so I really am curious. You can feel "full of energy ggeee!" and "feel great" and hardly "need" sleep if you have high stress hormones, but your bio-markers won't be fooled.

2. tankasnowgod

tankasnowgod Member

Mainly, I wanted to respond to the bolded part- they don't. Any endurance athlete that is at all competitive will eat a fair amount of carbs. Timothy Olsen is often held up as a "Low Carb Athlete," but when you look up his diet, it is lower carb than many other athletes, but still in the area of 200-300g a day or more. The only place where people can be low carb and still be competitive is bodybuilding.

As far as the tests you mentioned, I would say most non-bodybuilders don't test those unless they are dealing with a perceived problem.

3. Such_Saturation

Such_Saturation Member

The markers are probably good if they feel good. How many of them just say the feel good and actually hate their life, is another question...