Don't look up - film on netflix - what do you think?

skittles

Fam, would you elaborate on what you said
Well, it definitely poked at the stereotypical right more than the stereotypical left. But it was more a critique on the state of government and the corporatocracy in general. In my opinion, anyway.
I think the overarching theme is more prominent than any ideological bent. And it's a message to unplug, and reconnect, and communicate. It felt kinda metamodern. It felt like a unifying message rather than a divisive one. I dunno, I liked it.

Edit: I almost dismissed this movie like 20 minutes in thinking it was just gonna be another hamfisted ultra woke movie, but it wasn't really like that by the end. To me, anyway.

P

PointOutside

Surprisingly kept watching it after I thought it was gonna be another shitty Netflix movie. I actually enjoyed it even though it’s still just pure propaganda.

This makes me think about the metaverse in a way. When the internet first came about, everything changed and everyone had a computer because well, everyone else has one. Then social media comes about and the same thing happened. We’re becoming more and more isolated and the next step I fear is the final blow. People just want to stay oblivious to what’s going on because that’s what makes them comfortable. Scary thought. Everyone in the west wants to maximize pleasure and access to that pleasure.

Drareg

This movie is wokism at work, ruling class propaganda with the hysterical climate movement in mind.
The movies are getting worse because of wokism, it appeals to medicated authoritarians, Republicans bad Democrats good is what this crap implies, an illusion, no mention of the ruling class who control both parties.

Orome

Forum Supporter
The movies are getting worse because of wokism, it appeals to medicated authoritarians, Republicans bad Democrats good is what this crap implies, an illusion, no mention of the ruling class who control both parties.

This!
I can't stand watching movies anymore. It's nothing else than prime time propaganda and a complete waste of time. The only reasons why I am still a Netflix subscriber are Peppa Pig (for my kids ;)) and Seinfeld (fantastic, timeless and perfect for relaxation).

Peatful

Drareg

This!
I can't stand watching movies anymore. It's nothing else than prime time propaganda and a complete waste of time. The only reasons why I am still a Netflix subscriber are Peppa Pig (for my kids ;)) and Seinfeld (fantastic, timeless and perfect for relaxation).

It’s a sad reality, the first movie I watched in over a year and a half was synecdoche New York, I watched an Italian sitcom call Gomorrah also and that’s it, Gomorrah is about the mafia and yet still had wokism present!

Phosphor

I don't even know what wokism is....to me the movie was about how those in power are interested only in their own power, position, and money. I think that applies no matter the political system; the same type of person floats to the top, sometimes sooner and sometimes later. I loved the ending though.

Serene

Yes, this is called "predictive programming" or "priming".

Netflix's sole purpose is to program the masses to accept the coming narratives on the news. The founder of Netflix is a relative of Edward Berneys and Sigmund Freud - what a coincidence.

Marc Randolph - Wikipedia

Before "covid", Netflix had a series called "pandemic" along with a bunch of other pandemic/outbreak programming. If you want to know what will be happening in the weeks/months to come, pay attention to what they are showing on Netflix.

The news now is focusing on "space". We had Captain Kirk and space cowboy Bezos up in the sky (faked of course), with Shatner talking about the coming catastrophe. Lots of stories about asteroids just missing us, and now the launches are being postponed and the ISS has to avoid "space junk". China is pissed off about Elon Musk's junk getting in their way. Space wars coming soon to a theater near you.....

They use Leo DiCaprio in this movie because he is associated with Titanic - what are asteroids but sky icebergs?

All part of the metascript. You live in a movie/play. Scripted reality. Autohoax the MSM.

Space Cowboys VS Space Commies

BlueEyeWolf

Forum Supporter
Good movie. We watched yesterday and had dark humor and hidden jokes that you could reference to real life. Acting was good. Enjoyable all around. Ending was a surprise.

Demyze

K

Kayaker

Reminder, climate change is a capitalist scam:
Three Mile Island, Global Warming and the CIA
Climate change deniers not doing so well in providing credible evidence that no greenhouse effect is occurring. You can see this on the talk page.

For the elites, this is the perfect time to do geoengineering. Global solar minimum will make the temperature fall slightly and they'll make it out to be all thanks to blotting out the Sun.

You all may be falling into a trap. Maybe there actually is a greenhouse effect, and you're using the wrong arguments.

1. From what I've read, it's mostly methane that causes a greenhouse effect, not CO2. Furthermore, plants grow faster when there's more CO2, so there's a natural buffer on CO2 level, being only a minor greenhouse gas in the first place. This argument can undermine the whole shaky basis of "carbon tax".

2. So what if the temperature rises a few degrees? There's no proof this is an existential threat. Why deny something so harmless, instead of pointing out that the significance of it lacks evidence?

Another thing, blotting out the Sun will reduce photosynthesis and CO2 conversion into O2. It's a win-win for the carbon bureaucrats.

Skeletonkey

I don't even know what wokism is....to me the movie was about how those in power are interested only in their own power, position, and money. I think that applies no matter the political system; the same type of person floats to the top, sometimes sooner and sometimes later. I loved the ending though.
I felt the same way- regardless of whether you think it's anti vax or pro vax metaphor it really just solidified how politicians are in the pockets of companies. They are the ones in the driver's seat really.. and our health or wellbeing is really not their interest, just money and if it blows up in their face they have a back up plan. I did find it interesting that Meryl Streep's character was pretty much representing Donald Trump.. so really you could say this represents climate change or covid..doesn't matter.

reaching

movie was entertaining but mostly cringe.
i hate millenial zoomer or whatever this new type of humor is. random and crude so therefore it is funny type of humor.
i like crude humor but i dont know... just the randomness seems autistic or uhhh schizo or something like what...what was the point of that joke huh yeah BIG PENIS uhhhh absurd cringelord joke INSERT HAMFISTED LEFTISM

i liked that everyone died in the end and the pseudo jordan peterson / elon musk character was kind of funny because it was just so obvious what they were trying to convey.

Skeletonkey

movie was entertaining but mostly cringe.
i hate millenial zoomer or whatever this new type of humor is. random and crude so therefore it is funny type of humor.
i like crude humor but i dont know... just the randomness seems autistic or uhhh schizo or something like what...what was the point of that joke huh yeah BIG PENIS uhhhh absurd cringelord joke INSERT HAMFISTED LEFTISM

i liked that everyone died in the end and the pseudo jordan peterson / elon musk character was kind of funny because it was just so obvious what they were trying to convey.
Not sure if it's millennial or gen z ?
Yeah, I think it's the tik tok generation sense of humor, to match the 8 second attention span.

Demyze

Cite your sources, anti-capitalist ***hole.
The link I provided works, you can click the blue words within the text which will take you to one of the article's sources. Unless I'm misunderstanding what your trying to say, in which case you'll need to elaborate if you're able to.

K

Kayaker

The link I provided works, you can click the blue words within the text which will take you to one of the article's sources. Unless I'm misunderstanding what your trying to say, in which case you'll need to elaborate if you're able to.
None of those sources disprove the greenhouse effect. Temperatures are falling because of the solar minimum.

Demyze

None of those sources disprove the greenhouse effect. Temperatures are falling because of the solar minimum.
Its just providing evidence and discussing how the origin of global warming in the culture began after the incidents and was put forth to protect the nuclear industry, the purpose of the article wasn't to discuss the greenhouse effect.

K

Kayaker

Its just providing evidence and discussing how the origin of global warming in the culture began after the incidents and was put forth to protect the nuclear industry, the purpose of the article wasn't to discuss the greenhouse effect.
Regardless of the history behind the climate change idea, there's no solid evidence against it. Speaking out against the idea will only put you in the camp of anti-scientific conservative conspiracy theorists.

Back
Top Bottom