CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Orange & Red Light Therapy Device - LGS1
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Cascara Sagrada Powder From Farmalabor In Italy
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Don't Know How Much Longer I Have. Can't Take The Constant, Unrelenting, Unexplainable; Anguish

Discussion in 'Ask For Help or Advice' started by LambdaAlpha, Nov 21, 2017.

1. bawild

bawild Member

Look-up UARS (Upper Respiratory Resistance Syndrome) Highly under diagnosed. Home sleep study will be negative. Not an obese old guy problem. Shows negative for apnea but destroys your deep & REM sleep. Start here.. The Walking Dead: Sleep-Deprived Zombies Are For Real

2. HLP

HLP Member

My lab results always came back normal for years. It wasn't until I accessed thyroid and took it on my own, that I started to feel better. Find a doctor who will treat by symptoms not just numbers. I spent most of my life in bed with exhaustion until I took matters in to my own hands. Yes constipation is part of this. Is your pulse slow?

3. lampofred

lampofred Member

Sounds like severe serotonin/estrogen dominance which comes with high cortisol (which explains the mood swings and desperation) coupled with excess glutamate activity.

Maybe try CO2 (coca cola and reduced breathing), zinc, magnesium, and lots of salt. Basically tons of sedating minerals. Avoid staying up late/irregurality/any sort of excess stimulation. Also maybe try aspirin, moderate caffeine, along with eating plenty of whatever you feel tastes good, forgetting about dietary "rules" for the moment until you feel better because PUFA doesn't matter in the short-run if you feel like garbage. Daily carrot salad as well. Milk and OJ were terrible for me when I had gut issues so maybe skip those and focus on potato juice as your source of nutrition instead.

4. Collden

Collden Member

Got a source for this statement, or are you only referring to megadosing of Vit D? I've heard this meme repeated very often in the health bloggosphere that you need to take Vitamin K with Vitamin D, but actual Vitamin D experts like Michael Holick say its hogwash. To me it also just doesn't make intuitive sense since we can easily get a lot of Vitamin D from natural sun exposure, but getting Vitamin K or other fat solubles in amounts that approach what you get in supplements is very difficult.

5. Arctic Fire

Arctic Fire Member

That's rough, man. If your friends can't empathize, I'd look elsewhere.

Good luck, and keep us posted.

6. marsaday

marsaday Member

Sounds like a poor functioning thyroid / adrenal axis.

Get some blood tests and post the results.

Sleep is important, go to bed early and wake at the same time. Get into a regular cycle, not erratic. So sleep by 11pm and up at 7-8am.

check vitamin b12 and D levels as well.

Food can only do so much, you may need some hormone intervention.

7. Constatine

Constatine Member

I don't think its conclusive but here is a paper on it. Vitamin K deficiency symptoms are remarkably similar to vitamin D toxicity: Vitamin D toxicity redefined: vitamin K and the molecular mechanism. - PubMed - NCBI

8. Collden

Collden Member

I think Chris Masterjohn is pretty much the sole originator of this idea. Nevertheless his current stance on how much Vitamin K2 one should get is far lower than what is recommended in most other places, he doesn't think there is much benefit to getting more than 100ug of K2 per day, which one can relatively easily get from food if you regularly eat stuff like eggs, cheese, chicken and pork. So as long as you have a nutritious diet it doesn't seem like you'd need additional K2 to balance a moderate intake of Vitamin D, say a few thousand IUs per day.

9. Hugh Johnson

Hugh Johnson Member

Post the results. Take temps and pulse. Post them.

10. Peata

Peata Member

Are you taking anything for the GERD, ibs, etc?

11. Risingfire

Risingfire Member

Are you drinking?

12. OP
    LambdaAlpha

LambdaAlpha Member

Nah, after accutane i reduse to take prescript meds unless it's life or death.

13. OP
    LambdaAlpha

LambdaAlpha Member

Nope, despise alcohol. The taste that is...if it tasted good I'd be all for it.

14. OP
    LambdaAlpha

LambdaAlpha Member

Will see what i can do...

15. OP
    LambdaAlpha

LambdaAlpha Member

Ive gotten lots of bloods done in the past 6 months. Only thing was mentioned was a low vit d level. I don't know bybhiw much though. I started taking vit d about 3 weeks ago, it was ok at first but then i started to feel worse.

16. OP
    LambdaAlpha

LambdaAlpha Member

Thanks

17. OP
    LambdaAlpha

LambdaAlpha Member

Alright I'll see what i can do

18. Risingfire

Risingfire Member

Sounds like your hypo. Check your pulse and temps upon waking up, an hour after breakfast, afternoon and in the evening.

19. AretnaP

AretnaP Member

I've heard good things about thiamine.

20. HLP

HLP Member

True friends will not question your suffering. I went through the same thing for years. I wasn't in physical pain but felt sheer exhaustion almost every day and I would have people say "at least you don't have the pain that I suffer". As if that is any harder. I told them I'd trade for pain in a second! What is more bizarre, is that, there was not one doctor who figured it out and I went to many different ones over the years. Thankfully I found Lita Lee and in turn Ray Peat and turned my whole condition around. I am booming with energy and hardly stop from dawn til dusk and I'm now 60 years young and feel better than 20.