Don't get tested or wear a mask

GorillaHead

They're putting chemicals in them
-_- seriously.

first off everything has chemicals on them these days. Ur phone. Ur food. Ur clothes.

also can you show some actual proof. Out of all the crazy ***t the cdc has recommended the mask may be the only reasonable form of protection against not just covid but the cold and the flu and strep and more.

B

Blaze

-_- seriously.

first off everything has chemicals on them these days. Ur phone. Ur food. Ur clothes.

also can you show some actual proof. Out of all the crazy ***t the cdc has recommended the mask may be the only reasonable form of protection against not just covid but the cold and the flu and strep and more.
Agree completely, whatever chemicals are in the masks are ubiquitously on everything nowadays including all our clothing due to the manufacturing process, though breathing in those chemicals directly into the lungs by putting a cloth over our face does give it some added nuance...

Agree completely, masks offer protection against Strep which is a bacteria. Bacteria is large enough to be seen under a microscope and may be filtered by a mask.

Disagree completely, masks offer no conclusive protection against virus particles. They are simply just too miniscule in size. Viruses are only visible under an electron microscope, they are so small they cannot even be seen under a normal optical microscope. No way a mask can filter those tiny particles effectively.
Government controlling people's behavior without a strong basis in science. The real surprise is the lack of protest by the public which out of fear mindlessly allows themselves to be controlled. We may never get some of that freedom back again. Not a lot of bravery in sight. Controlling the public by playing on fear to take advantage of us has unfortunately been a very successful strategy for those in power.

Last edited by a moderator:

Elast1c

-_- seriously.

Ray Peat in probably more than one instance documents how awfully good *the chemicas in food, on clothes and probably phones for helping cells get damaged in ways that can help spread things like viruses.* Why is that such a deranged suggestion given the lack of statistical data that masks prevent covid cases and evidence suggesting that chemicals actually can create harm to things like the lungs for instance titanium dioxide (which is like the fine white powder on many things) can actually cause colitis and that silicon can be found in the lungs from silicon dioxide.

*edit.

Last edited:

Nebula

The obvious solution for dealing with a world with pathogens is keeping metabolic and immune health optimal while having natural anti viral/biotic/endotoxin substances in the diet and having antiviral pharmaceuticals on hand if necessary to nip infections in the bud. Obsessive avoidance of viruses and taking dozens of vaccines is no way to live and unnecessary.

T

TheBeard

Not wearing a mask has nothing to do with protecting oneself.

It's about conquering our freedoms back.
If you think the government will give it back to you, you are mistaken.

Not until you protest in one way or another.

There is mostly no coming back from the lockdown + masks situation, it's here to stay indefinitely.

Until we start saying no.

tankasnowgod

Agree completely, whatever chemicals are in the masks are ubiquitously on everything nowadays including all our clothing due to the manufacturing process, though breathing in those chemicals directly into the lungs by putting a cloth over our face does give it some added nuance...

Agree completely, masks offer protection against Strep which is a bacteria. Bacteria is large enough to be seen under a microscope and may be filtered by a mask.

When you say "filtered," that means it becomes trapped in, or part, of the mask.

You are now wearing this petri dish on your face, and constantly breathing water vapor into it. Go breathe on a mirror to confirm this.

If you wear the same mask for several hours (or days) at a time, you are breathing in a much higher concentration of bacteria, that has been breeding within the mask.

So, unless you are constantly swapping out for sterile masks, maybe even on an hourly basis, the protection is dubious at best. And at worst, it may contribute to colds, flus, sinusitis, and more. Plenty of people have reported coming down with serious coughs, colds, and more serious conditions after wearing a mask daily for weeks on end.

There is a massive difference between wearing a mask for an hour or two a week while shopping, and wearing it 40, 50, 60 hours a week or more for months on end as many people have been forced to do.

There's a reason you can't find any good studies on Pubmed that show protection from colds and flus when wearing masks for longer periods, like 40 hours or so a week. Many even show wearing them constantly leads to more infections in the wearer. Any protection they offer is for short acute time frames, not from being worn chronically. Even the protection when used by surgeons doing operations is questionable.

Last edited:
B

Blaze

When you say "filtered," that means it becomes trapped in, or part, of the mask.

You are now wearing this petri dish on your face, and constantly breathing water vapor into it. Go breathe on a mirror to confirm this.

If you wear the same mask for several hours (or days) at a time, you are breathing in a much higher concentration of bacteria, that has been breeding within the mask.

So, unless you are constantly swapping out for sterile masks, maybe even on an hourly basis, the protection is dubious at best. And at worst, it may contribute to colds, flus, sinusitis, and more. Plenty of people have reported coming down with serious coughs, colds, and more serious conditions after wearing a mask daily for weeks on end.

There is a massive difference between wearing a mask for an hour or two a week while shopping, and wearing it 40, 50, 60 hours a week or more for months on end as many people have been forced to do.
If we are taking bacterial based pathogens.....every single bit of what you said is true. The mask would have to be constantly swapped out for a new one quite often to protect against bacterial agents or we would be wearing as you aptly stated a "petri dish". In the medical setting I change the mask and gloves after each patient. You know that there is no way the public does anything approximating that level of behavior.
As to viruses , trying to filter those mega small particle sizes, I personally don't see how a mask helps us at all.

ALS

"masks offer protection against Strep which is a bacteria." I took microbiology a couple of years ago, and we had to culture our own bacteria. Strep is ubiquitous and everyone has it in their mouth, it seems. Masks will not protect against something you already habitually carry. Strep can get out of control somehow, whereupon it can go rogue, so to speak, and you get strep throat, etc. That has probably more to do with your general health, the same with everything else you 'catch', including this fake Covid whatever it is. There doesn't seem to be a reliable test for Covid if the test gives a false positive for things like fruit and Coca Cola.

grithin

Not wearing a mask has nothing to do with protecting oneself.

It's about conquering our freedoms back.
If you think the government will give it back to you, you are mistaken.

Not until you protest in one way or another.

There is mostly no coming back from the lockdown + masks situation, it's here to stay indefinitely.

Until we start saying no.

I went outside the other day without a mask and I could feel tyranny crushing beneath my feet... really?

Where is the capacity of liberty minded people to model systems? You don't win a fight by receiving blows better. The punch drunk ideas of liberty minded people seem to reflect that this has been the strategy for a long time.

You win fights by fighting back. The way to fight back would be:
1. courts and lawsuits
2. electing representatives
3. if all else fails, force

What people should be doing is suing everything even related to government and mandates. Sue local officials, state officials, federal officials. Even sue businesses (businesses that are infringing on constitutional rights can be sued regardless of whether they are acting in proxy for government).

Peater

Masks do nothing. Apart from a placebo effect

B

Blaze

"masks offer protection against Strep which is a bacteria." I took microbiology a couple of years ago, and we had to culture our own bacteria. Strep is ubiquitous and everyone has it in their mouth, it seems. Masks will not protect against something you already habitually carry. Strep can get out of control somehow, whereupon it can go rogue, so to speak, and you get strep throat, etc. That has probably more to do with your general health, the same with everything else you 'catch', including this fake Covid whatever it is. There doesn't seem to be a reliable test for Covid if the test gives a false positive for things like fruit and Coca Cola.
Not to split hairs but the flaw in that logic is that the name Strep covers a whole genus of different bacteria.

So the statement "Masks will not protect against something you already habitually carry" can't really be applied because nobody habitually carries all the many different strains or types of strep. The mask would be to prevent exposure to both strains you don't already have and additionally to prevent you from exceeding a microbial load threshold of those strains you already carry that don't cause you issues if they remain below a certain exposure threshold.

ALS

Not to split hairs but the flaw in that logic is that the name Strep covers a whole genus of different bacteria.

So the statement "Masks will not protect against something you already habitually carry" can't really be applied because nobody habitually carries all the many different strains or types of strep. The mask would be to prevent exposure to both strains you don't already have and additionally to prevent you from exceeding a microbial load threshold of those strains you already carry that don't cause you issues if they remain below a certain exposure threshold.
Whatever strain it is, it's more likely to affect you if you're in poor health. Maybe not everyone has the same strain, but we all carry some. Can't imagine how I've lived this long without a mask (sarc).

GorillaHead

Interesting. This explains my first experience with it.

T

TheBeard

I went outside the other day without a mask and I could feel tyranny crushing beneath my feet... really?

Where is the capacity of liberty minded people to model systems? You don't win a fight by receiving blows better. The punch drunk ideas of liberty minded people seem to reflect that this has been the strategy for a long time.

1. courts and lawsuits

What people should be doing is suing everything even related to government and mandates. Sue local officials, state officials, federal officials. Even sue businesses (businesses that are infringing on constitutional rights can be sued regardless of whether they are acting in proxy for government).

Dellusional.
Way too costly and impractical.

grithin

Dellusional.
Way too costly and impractical.

... You must be thinking:
- Constitutionality of laws and government action is never resolved in courts
- Court cases are so expensive, hardly anyone sues anyone in america.
- You have to hire an expensive lawyer to sue someone
- It would be impossible for multiple people interested in anti-lockdown or anti-mask efforts to group up and fund a lawsuit

Oh well

Rick K

1. courts and lawsuits

:cheers

B

Blaze

Whatever strain it is, it's more likely to affect you if you're in poor health. Maybe not everyone has the same strain, but we all carry some. Can't imagine how I've lived this long without a mask (sarc).
Agreed, poor health is a big factor and gives pathogens that would normally cause us no issue whatsoever , an opportunity to get a toehold in your body. Some like to call it the "Terrain Theory" which nicely echoes your sentiment.

Last edited by a moderator:
T

TheBeard

... You must be thinking:
- Constitutionality of laws and government action is never resolved in courts
- Court cases are so expensive, hardly anyone sues anyone in america.
- You have to hire an expensive lawyer to sue someone
- It would be impossible for multiple people interested in anti-lockdown or anti-mask efforts to group up and fund a lawsuit

Oh well

Why would you automatically think everyone lives in America?

It's a tiny % of the world population.

grithin

Why would you automatically think everyone lives in America?

It's a tiny % of the world population.
The tenant of clarification and enforcement of law by lawsuit is common across the world. If you don't have foundational documents or laws that negate imposition of either mask mandates or lockdowns, then suing would be pointless. I don't think everyone lives in the US, but given this forum is English, Ray Peat is from the US, and the discussions on this forum often revolve around US topics, I assume most people on this forum are from the US.

Either way, the main point of my initial post remains true. Protesting by not wearing a mask doesn't make a lick of difference to the tyrants who impose the mask mandates. The minority that does this will just be singled out for persecution as already evidenced. If you want things to change, you have to figure out ways to actually apply pressure.