Axmann

Background:

I'm a 24-year old male with a long history of the following conditions:
-Dysthymia
-ADD-PI
-Social anxiety
-Insomnia
-The combination of symptoms that people refer to as "adrenal fatigue"

I have tried what feels like everything to help me, including many prescription medications and MANY, MANY supplements.

I just finished 4 years of nursing school, earned my Bachelor's degree, and also got my RN and EMT license/certification, and I am absolutely *exhausted*

My current issue is chronic dehydration, headaches, dizziness, and blurred vision. This is very similar to what people describe when they talk about adrenal fatigue, but I know many here don't believe in it. I'm not too proud to ask for help in many places, because I honestly don't know what to do any more.

encerent

Start with food. Are you eating some of the basic things suggested by RP for everyone? OJ, milk, gelatin, and basic supps (fat soluables)?

X3CyO

Sugar: as much as possible
Juice
Coconut oil 90% or more saturated
Gelatin 10-20g
Multivitamin
Coffee/caffiene with aspirin 1:1 ratio possibly with k2 if you end up with bleeding issues

Drop all other supplements

Stop eating processed food
Start eating potatoes and white rice over all other starches
Avoid PUFA

If diet isnt great then supplements will not work and will raise stress hormones.. other than that, just learn as much as you can through peat. Functional alps has a sparknotes like format of peats works for a quick overall view.

Tarmander

Start with digestion. I wish I could go back in time and tell my younger self to skip all the liver detox and adrenal help and yada yada and focus on digestion. One of the best things you can do is get a "Ph.D." In your own digestion. What effects what, at what time, in what combinations, in what amounts. It would be an investment you would never regret. Food journals, etc, all that.

OP
A

Axmann

Start with food. Are you eating some of the basic things suggested by RP for everyone? OJ, milk, gelatin, and basic supps (fat soluables)?
I have a horrifically bad "diet", if you could call it one at all. I've always had a very poor appetite, compounded by dysthymia/depression.

EIRE24

Juice
Gelatin 10-20g
Multivitamin
Coffee/caffiene with aspirin 1:1 ratio possibly with k2 if you end up with bleeding issues

Avoid PUFA

If diet isnt great then supplements will not work and will raise stress hormones.. other than that, just learn as much as you can through peat. Functional alps has a sparknotes like format of peats works for a quick overall view.
What macro nutrient percentage do you reccomend?

EIRE24

Start with digestion. I wish I could go back in time and tell my younger self to skip all the liver detox and adrenal help and yada yada and focus on digestion. One of the best things you can do is get a "Ph.D." In your own digestion. What effects what, at what time, in what combinations, in what amounts. It would be an investment you would never regret. Food journals, etc, all that.
Good advice. What have you found is best for digestion?

Vida

Background:

I'm a 24-year old male with a long history of the following conditions:
-Dysthymia
-ADD-PI
-Social anxiety
-Insomnia
-The combination of symptoms that people refer to as "adrenal fatigue"

I have tried what feels like everything to help me, including many prescription medications and MANY, MANY supplements.

I just finished 4 years of nursing school, earned my Bachelor's degree, and also got my RN and EMT license/certification, and I am absolutely *exhausted*

My current issue is chronic dehydration, headaches, dizziness, and blurred vision. This is very similar to what people describe when they talk about adrenal fatigue, but I know many here don't believe in it. I'm not too proud to ask for help in many places, because I honestly don't know what to do any more.
How is your sleep patterns at the moment?

Tarmander

Good advice. What have you found is best for digestion?

I can't do the raw carrot, although some here can. I find it gives me too much endotoxin. I am a big fan of charcoal and tonic water. But the real value is finding out how everything affects you. Peat always talks about like this little thing causing irritation, or to avoid that small ingredient...the way you get there is to really pay attention to digestion.

L

lollipop

This.

for what they named it adrenal fatigue

whenever you feel it
fill a liter of water then add 1/4 teaspoon of salt

and drink it slowly like a cup every 10 minutes

for me thats how i heal what they named it adrenal fatigue

good luck

X3CyO

This.

What macro nutrient percentage do you reccomend?

Carbs up to 80%, always protein around 100-150G for most weights 20 of that from gelatin, and up to 30% fat, but definitely no more.

Last edited:
OP
A

Axmann

Juice
Gelatin 10-20g
Multivitamin

Avoid PUFA

I actually do have some plain gelatin on hand, but what about the potential for tryptophan depletion? Wouldn't this be an issue for me since I have insomnia, low appetite, and depression?

encerent

God I hate insomnia. Nothing really goes when when you can't sleep. And you can't really sleep well unless most things are going well.

X3CyO

Tryptophan... insomnia...
I personally dont know. I do just what I told you: So long as my feet and hands are warm, I usually sleep well.
Ive done up to 30G gelatin and have been fine. I cant reccommend all protein coming from gelatin as of yet however.

http://www.functionalps.com/blog/2012/06/12/10-tips-for-better-sleep/ <- pretty good article

X3CyO

80% carbs or less
35% fat or less. 10 minimum
35% protein or less. 10 minimum

You can fill in any of the numbers so long as it adds up to 100%

35 35 30
60 30 10
80 10 10

tara

I have a horrifically bad "diet", if you could call it one at all. I've always had a very poor appetite, compounded by dysthymia/depression.
Wanna spell it out a bit more? Roughly what and how much, or a cronometer sapshot? People come with such varied ideas about what 'good' and 'bad' diet means.

The food you eat is the raw materials and fuel to build, repair and run your body. Having a good go at making sure it gets what it needs can be a good place to start.
Are you chronically dehydrated from drinking too little or too much or sth else?
Getting regular sunlight is also important.