Done With Aspirin

Frankdee20

Everytime I take it (325mg) in the daytime, regardless of how much food, coffee, or sugar used, it just brings me down. Like a low cortisol feeling, and no matter how much I eat afterword, it does nothing for me mentally. I am not sure if any benefit is derived, sometimes we cannot tell. It is annoying, I only take it 2 times a week, but I think I am done. I will stick to Vitamin E.

ilikecats

But low cortisol is a good thing. If you had adequate T3 in circulation there would be no drop in mood only euphoria :). But to each his own... and everyones gotta find their own way.

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

But low cortisol is a good thing. If you had adequate T3 in circulation there would be no drop in mood only euphoria :). But to each his own... and everyones gotta find their own way.

Sometimes, it is a good mood booster, more often than not, I tank. I do not know if this is Thyroid being low or not. I am picking up bloodwork later today.

Cirion

I had much the same experience. To be honest, virtually all supplements were a net negative (at least for me) so I take no supplements most days now. This has made it so much more obvious and easier to find which foods benefit me. I don't want to rely on supplements anyway. Food should be our medicine IMO.

ilikecats

@Frankdee20 Also a poor response could be do to additives/impurities in the aspirin. By your dosage I assume your taking it in a tablet form. What kind of aspirin are you taking? Even the coveted "geri-care" aspirin leaves a lot to be desired in my opinion. I only used pure powder aspirin with no additives. Ani prin is the one I use. But yeah, I'm almost certain your low on T3 regardless of what a blood test says (none of them are very accurate for diagnosing hypothyroidism but TSH is useful even though it can be suppressed by stress as well as thyroid hormone) based on your age (you seemed maybe 30 or 40 in your old avi) and history of depression that you've mentioned.

Last edited:

ilikecats

@cyclops I thought it included a few more ingredients (apparently it doesn't) then that but yeah I consider the corn starch undesirable. revision: "Leaves something to be desired"

Sheik

This has got me wondering if pure aspirin could be pressed into tablets. Of course, gelatin capsules should work. Maybe that's what I'll do.

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

Guys thanks for chiming in, on a whole other note I am absolutely livid at the numbers I see on my labs. Going to post a separate thread in a bit.

I take regular Beyer Aspirin that has no enteric coating and simply dissolve it in my mouth before swallowing. I doubt it’s the excipients.

I am 39 years old, 6 foot 3, and 227 pounds. That is about 10 or 15 pounds overweight honestly.

My TSH was a shitty 1.35 this time around.

Cameron

Does aspirin increase free t3 cause study I posted seems t3 decreased. Aspirin 325 mgs seems to increase my morning woods! Seems to help me relax I wonder why @Frankdee20 your having bad responses

ebs

Guys thanks for chiming in, on a whole other note I am absolutely livid at the numbers I see on my labs. Going to post a separate thread in a bit.

I take regular Beyer Aspirin that has no enteric coating and simply dissolve it in my mouth before swallowing. I doubt it’s the excipients.

I am 39 years old, 6 foot 3, and 227 pounds. That is about 10 or 15 pounds overweight honestly.

My TSH was a shitty 1.35 this time around.

1.35 is far from shitty. Have you been able to get it any lower without using thyroid?

And this is the first time I read that TSH can be supressed by stress. I thought stress would lead to elevated TSH.

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

1.35 is far from shitty. Have you been able to get it any lower without using thyroid?

And this is the first time I read that TSH can be supressed by stress. I thought stress would lead to elevated TSH.

My last 3 readings have shown TSH to slowly decline, never used Thyroid.

Aleeri

TSH of 1.35 is pretty good, getting it below 1 is quite hard without supplements/thyroid.

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

TSH of 1.35 is pretty good, getting it below 1 is quite hard without supplements/thyroid.

I get adequate iodine in my diet, but probably could use more Selenium. I also supplement Zinc occasionally at 30mg, and this should help T4 conversion (needs Selenium also).

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

I never get morning woods from Aspirin, it probably just kills Cortisol too much.

Aleeri

I never get morning woods from Aspirin, it probably just kills Cortisol too much.

I get morning wood from aspirin, 150mg helps me fall asleep as well. But I have consistent morning wood, just different levels. I think it's a matter of context. I only use it every few days.

I think 325mg of aspirin is enough to turn on glucose oxidation. I think this dose gets your insulin work properly and it makes you sleepy.

Try higher uncoupling dose to see if it has the same effect. Uncoupling dose does not have this effect as far as I understand. It was mentioned by Haidut somewhere.

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

I think 325mg of aspirin is enough to turn on glucose oxidation. I think this dose gets your insulin work properly and it makes you sleepy.

Try higher uncoupling dose to see if it has the same effect. Uncoupling dose does not have this effect as far as I understand. It was mentioned by Haidut somewhere.

It’s definitely something I should only use at night, daytime use brings me down. 325 mg

I've been on T3 to help my thyroid. When I take aspirin, my body temperatures really fall. For the whole day.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals