Domination Mode - Top Five

DButter

I'll preface my first post here with a thanks to everyone involved who make this forum such a treasure trove of dialogue. Been gleaning ideas/info for several years. Great stuff!

My question:

If I were to make a "Top Five" list for people I work with re:

Specific Behaviors to Experiment With that [if habituated] will have tangibly awesome effects...

What would this "Domination Mode" list look like?

______

I know things like this have been covered a multitude of times on this forum; and I know it's impossible to make lists like this for 'individuals' who ought to be perceiving, thinking, and acting FOR THEMSELVES. Yet I think it's relevant to address again and again the question of "How Can Anyone Start?" (simply) in order to generate a little momentum... and then Ride The Wave??

And I'm not JUST talking about nutritional considerations.

______

Thanks you guys!

~David

tara

Specific Behaviors to Experiment With that [if habituated] will have tangibly awesome effects...
Which effects for which people?
Domination?

OP
DButter

DButter

Which effects for which people?
Domination?
Domination, as in the simplest things to begin to take ownership for one’s health (and energy) instead of feeling helpless.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Domination, as in the simplest things to begin to take ownership for one’s health (and energy) instead of feeling helpless.
I think just asking the question in and of itself is probably the first and most important step and the simplest thing.

OP
DButter

DButter

I think just asking the question in and of itself is probably the first and most important step and the simplest thing.

I like that.
And you're probably right - but in our world what with the messaging of "you're not enough without x,y,z", it can be quite hard for a person to get to that point. And so individual. I love Ray's: "The attempt to steer a person can make it hard for them to move, because it inactivates their own guidance system." Or Moshe Feldenkrais': "To correct is incorrect."

It just seems harder and harder, and more and more important, I guess, to operate outside the status quo and start listening to our own guidance system.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
It just seems harder and harder, and more and more important, I guess, to operate outside the status quo and start listening to our own guidance system.
I agree wholeheartedly especially when everywhere you turn it seems people advise interventions that are harmful. From quick fixes to chasing some ideal image of perfection instead of getting back to basics and nurturing ourselves and our relationships.