Dogs, Primates, And Maybe Even Humans Can Sense Magnetic Fields

haidut

Forum Supporter
Ray wrote in one of his articles about Russian research showing that dogs can be used to discover underground metals. He said that this ability cannot be explained by the sense of smell but rather seems to be due to ability of dogs to perceive electromagnetic fields.
This research seems to confirm the Russian findings and also found these magnetoreceptors in primates. Even humans may be able to sense magnetic fields. If this is true, it adds more evidence in favor of EMF being able to affect health, especially in regards to humans being affected by cosmic EMF events like solar storms and disturbances of geomagnetic fields.

http://phys.org/news/2016-02-magnetoreception-molecule-eyes-dogs-primates.html

"...
Together with colleagues from the Ludwig-Maximilians-University Munich, the Goethe University Frankfurt, and the Universities of Duisburg-Essen and Göttingen, Christine Nießner and Leo Peichl from the Max Planck Institute for Brain Research in Frankfurt investigated the presence of cryptochrome 1 in the retinas of 90 species of mammal. Mammalian cryptochrome 1 is the equivalent of bird cryptochrome 1a. With the help of antibodies against the light-activated form of the molecule, the scientists found cryptochrome 1 only in a few species from the carnivore and primate groups. As is the case in birds, it is found in the blue-sensitive cones in these animals. The molecule is present in dog-like carnivores such as dogs, wolves, bears, foxes and badgers, but is not found in cat-like carnivores such as cats, lions and tigers. Among the primates, cryptochrome 1 is found in the orang-utan, for example. In all tested species of the other 16 mammalian orders, the researchers found no active cryptochrome 1 in the cone cells of the retina."

"...Observations of foxes, dogs and even humans actually indicate that they can perceive the Earth's magnetic field. For example, foxes are more successful at catching mice when they pounce on them in a north-east direction. "Nevertheless, we were very surprised to find active cryptochrome 1 in the cone cells of only two mammalian groups, as species whose cones do not contain active cryptochrome 1, for example some rodents and bats, also react to the magnetic field," says Christine Nießner."

Drareg

o_OMore to the magnetic phenomena than meets the eye.
Magnetic fields are being shown to cause egg shape In water and egg shape in other matter. Water is influenced by them.

FiveAsh

once when i was on LSD walking in the park, i could clearly see around every tree a field/wave/resonance of fuzzy colours, it seems that LSD had temporarily increased my ability to detect electromagnetic fields of some kind. it was pretty crazy.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
once when i was on LSD walking in the park, i could clearly see around every tree a field/wave/resonance of fuzzy colours, it seems that LSD had temporarily increased my ability to detect electromagnetic fields of some kind. it was pretty crazy.

Very interesting! Was it only around plants or you saw the fields around other objects as well? Like benches, people, etc?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Sheldrake talks of animals and morphic resonace.
Listen to the Animals

I did not see anything in the link about morphic resonance. Did I miss something? He was just talking about ability of animals to sense calamities somehow, but did not focus on how.

Greg says

Dogs use the Earth's magnetic field when they're relieving themselves. Not only that, but canines choose to do so in a north-south axis, a new study published in the journal Frontiers in Zoology says. (?)
Dogs magnetoreception

Morphic Resonance and Mophic Fields an Introduction

"Morphic resonance is the influence of previous structures of activity on subsequent similar structures of activity organized by morphic fields. It enables memories to pass across both space and time from the past. The greater the similarity, the greater the influence of morphic resonance. What this means is that all self-organizing systems, such as molecules, crystals, cells, plants, animals and animal societies, have a collective memory on which each individual draws and to which it contributes. In its most general sense this hypothesis implies that the so-called laws of nature are more like habits." - Sheldrake

FiveAsh

@haidut because i was heavily intoxicated at the time, i was less able to make prolonged/focused observations on the extraordinary spectacle. But i am certain there was no trace of this energy field around non living objects such as statues,benches,metal frameworks etc. As for people i could not see any trace of the field..., everyone always seems to be the walking manifestation of the state of their psyche which makes one not want to get too close! ;)

However I'm not so sure what significance this energy field around the trees might have? I'd be very interested in any ideas you could share. I guess its interesting that under appropriate stimulation the eye can seemingly perceive a greater spectrum of electromagnetism??? As to the energy field itself.. i have no ideas, my scientific knowledge is very limited!

FiveAsh

i don't understand why no one replied to this thread?? its a shame..., is this typical of the RPF??

Us folks take all these things for a given shall we say :cool

Entropy

I feel more energized when I go barefoot outside.

Same experience, I noticed my vision became increasingly blurry when entering a nature reserve, realized upon closer inspection the plants and trees were giving radiating wave fields of colours.

Another time, I introduced my friend to Qigong while on LSD, and he was amazed how much energy he could sense from ground, plants, trees, from other people and including his own with his hands. I mentioned if he practiced he would be able to feel the energy without LSD.

As someone who practices Qigong, it's all about opening the bodies channels up, becoming sensitive to energy, and transmuting energy within the body from chemical, to electrochemical (jing) to electromagnetic (chi) and then some (few different forms of chi).

Here's a video of a tai chi master who emits electromagnetic (chi) probably at a theta-delta frequencies.

Makrosky

I feel more energized when I go barefoot outside.

Same experience, I noticed my vision became increasingly blurry when entering a nature reserve, realized upon closer inspection the plants and trees were giving radiating wave fields of colours.

Another time, I introduced my friend to Qigong while on LSD, and he was amazed how much energy he could sense from ground, plants, trees, from other people and including his own with his hands. I mentioned if he practiced he would be able to feel the energy without LSD.

As someone who practices Qigong, it's all about opening the bodies channels up, becoming sensitive to energy, and transmuting energy within the body from chemical, to electrochemical (jing) to electromagnetic (chi) and then some (few different forms of chi).

Here's a video of a tai chi master who emits electromagnetic (chi) probably at a theta-delta frequencies.

how can you combine chinese arts with ray peats ideas? Chinese are totally anti dairy, anti raw fruit generally and anti saturated fat. Unless you have a condition that specifically need raw things (to cool) or fat (for kidneys?) ???

Entropy

how can you combine chinese arts with ray peats ideas? Chinese are totally anti dairy, anti raw fruit generally and anti saturated fat. Unless you have a condition that specifically need raw things (to cool) or fat (for kidneys?) ???

From what I gather your referring to the heat, cold yin/yang aspects of foods complimenting the elements of the internal organs?

I focus more on the internal alchemy of bioenergetics within TCM, mostly Taoism. And I don't limit my studies from one cultures tradition, since this energy work is seen trans-culturally in one form or another.

So I haven't really researched TCM views of diet enough to know what complements Ray Peats or opposes it.

When it comes to practices in energy work like Qigong, or Yoga, food is restricted (fasting / bigu), or transcended (samadhi).

Fasting is not 'Ray Peat friendly' but in the context of bioenergetics development outside of food, I'm not sure he has researched that :p

During Practice food shouldn't be eaten before or after 1hr+. Some Legitimate Qigong masters will fast once or twice a week and eat one small vegetarian meal a day.

Might be worth to look into more though ;)

http://journals.sfu.ca/jnonlocality/index.php/jnonlocality/article/viewFile/45/46

One of the most rarely discussed and inadequately researched phenomena associated with the meditative practice of Qigong is “Bigu”, or the ability to carry out a normal, active lifestyle on little or no caloric intake. During the First National Conference on the Bigu Manifestation, Health Effects and Scientific Research of Yan Xin Qigong (Pennsylvania State University, June 23-25, 2000), approximately 100 conference attendees claimed to have personally achieved this state, sustaining active, normal lives in corporate and academic research centers while eating no solid food (or the equivalent of 250-300 calories per day, vs. the recommended 2000) for weeks, months and sometimes years at a time. Of the 100 Bigu practitioners present at the 2000 conference, approximately a quarter were US physicians and university professors; some of these cases had been closely monitored and documented in US medical research centers (Roy 2002, Yan et al., 2002a), showing unusual metabolic profiles, clearly distinct from those seen with starvation (Yan et al., 2002 b). In addition, an in vitro study conducted at University of California, San Diego was published in 2002 (Yan et al., 20002 b), showing that cells remotely treated by Yan Xin qigong were able to survive in a nutrient-deprived culture medium for over 8 weeks, compared to 3 days for controls cells.

Anyways, how I use food is dependent on different stages of my practice, and how much I use the energy.

If I want to further develop Qi in the 'advance forms', like Yang Qi or Shen (light) energy, I will have to go Vegan then ultimately no food. So depends on the end goal, how 'high" one wants to develop the subtle body energies.

The Qigong masters get their 'master status' by doing cave meditations non-stop with no food or water for 1month+..Yeah I know crazy right?

Last edited:

Makrosky

From what I gather your referring to the heat, cold yin/yang aspects of foods complimenting the elements of the internal organs?

I focus more on the internal alchemy of bioenergetics within TCM, mostly Taoism. And I don't limit my studies from one cultures tradition, since this energy work is seen trans-culturally in one form or another.

So I haven't really researched TCM views of diet enough to know what complements Ray Peats or opposes it.

When it comes to practices in energy work like Qigong, or Yoga, food is restricted (fasting / bigu), or transcended (samadhi).

Fasting is not 'Ray Peat friendly' but in the context of bioenergetics development outside of food, I'm not sure he has researched that :p

During Practice food shouldn't be eaten before or after 1hr+. Some Legitimate Qigong masters will fast once or twice a week and eat one small vegetarian meal a day.

Might be worth to look into more though ;)

http://journals.sfu.ca/jnonlocality/index.php/jnonlocality/article/viewFile/45/46

Anyways, how I use food is dependent on different stages of my practice, and how much I use the energy.

If I want to further develop Qi in the 'advance forms', like Yang Qi or Shen (light) energy, I will have to go Vegan then ultimately no food. So depends on the end goal, how 'high" one wants to develop the subtle body energies.

The Qigong masters get their 'master status' by doing cave meditations non-stop with no food or water for 1month+..Yeah I know crazy right?
Hey entropy,

Yes I'm aware of all you mentioned. That's why I see a lot of Ray's ideas, at least on the practical daily life, very different from those of Chinese traditions. I'm not saying you should limit yourself to one culture tradition! I was just curious how are you going to mix these two completely different points of view.

All Chinese arts (medicine, astrology, feng shui, martial arts, etc.) are interrelated and coherent : Specially Qigong and TCM can go hand by hand perfectly.

Mountain

@Entropy That's some interesting stuff. Do you have any recommended primer material for someone who might be interested in learning more about this?

Entropy

@Makrosky Nice to see someone into TCM here :) Do you Practice Qigong?

Yes, I will sometimes look into TCM herbs, and foods that will compliment my Qigong development or lack there of. Like strengthening the kidneys & overall jing I will eat more heavy protein foods, or minerals all in a 'Peaty way'.

@Mountain

What was important for me was to find reputable Qigong masters, or practitioners and learn from them to avoid wasting time on a system. Also to see how Qigong related to other forms of energy work in other cultures and highlight what was similarly seen.

For Qigong, look up Spring Forest Qigong (free level 1 videos on youtube, the master has been tested by MayoClinic),

Lotus neigong yt channel has some informational videos on theory.

Longmenpai or Wudang Qigong, Wang Liping's (One of the most reputable masters in China has two books on his story and internal alchemy)

Also from the infamous John Chang video, you can find level 1 Mo Pai practice online.

Also TaoBums forums..

For non-chinese sources you can look up Kriya Yoga, or Kundalini yoga, Mahayana buddhism, Wim Hof methods which is similar to Tibetan tummo heat..

I mean this stuff is hidden in plain site everywhere, once you start seeing the similarities, and metaphors you can see internal alchemy is the bases of all religions, so basically a lot of the Bible and Vedic's are like manuals.

Makrosky

@Makrosky Nice to see someone into TCM here :) Do you Practice Qigong?

Yes, I will sometimes look into TCM herbs, and foods that will compliment my Qigong development or lack there of. Like strengthening the kidneys & overall jing I will eat more heavy protein foods, or minerals all in a 'Peaty way'.

@Mountain

What was important for me was to find reputable Qigong masters, or practitioners and learn from them to avoid wasting time on a system. Also to see how Qigong related to other forms of energy work in other cultures and highlight what was similarly seen.

For Qigong, look up Spring Forest Qigong (free level 1 videos on youtube, the master has been tested by MayoClinic),

Excess animal protein can dry the kidneys, in TCM terms. Mind I'm not a TCM practitioner, I was just very interested on it for a couple of years and learned a bit about it at an amateur level. It is amazing stuff, really. Although I think it's not ready to deal with todays problems resulted from modern world way of living : massive stressors, massive pollution and toxins, depauperized foods, etc. I have the impression RP's ideas are inferior to TCM but at the same time much more practical and useful for today. And also important : more meaningful for us because it's easier to know what an hormone imbalance is than what is a "complex pattern of liver fire ascending to the lungs causing dryness of the qi while it attacks spleen". If you know what I mean ;-)

Nice you mention SPF Qigong! I practised it for a while and never found health improvements but it worked for being more aware of body and energy flow and it worked for being more present. Definitely. I am very bad with discipline so it's hard for me to do daily qigong, although it's always on the back of my mind. I always think... I should start doing it, I should start doing it... But I never do :)

And I agree 100%, the most important thing is find a reliable teacher. With the economic chrises and millenial super low resilience attitude to any job that is not "meaningful", lots of people who have done a very poor formal mastering and personal development are "out there" trying to make money with yoga, qigong, well, basically everything, but with qigong you really need a real teacher. Or you can go in circles for months or years wasting your time.

complex pattern of liver fire ascending to the lungs causing dryness of the qi while it attacks spleen

I'll be honest, that sounds like my regular medicine diagnoses but with different nouns and adjectives.