Dogs defecate in accordance with earth's magnetic field

miquelangeles

Abstract

Introduction:
Several mammalian species spontaneously align their body axis with respect to the Earth’s magnetic field (MF) lines in diverse behavioral contexts. Magnetic alignment is a suitable paradigm to scan for the occurrence of magnetosensitivity across animal taxa with the heuristic potential to contribute to the understanding of the mechanism of magnetoreception and identify further functions of magnetosensation apart from navigation. With this in mind we searched for signs of magnetic alignment in dogs. We measured the direction of the body axis in 70 dogs of 37 breeds during defecation (1,893 observations) and urination (5,582 observations) over a two-year period. After complete sampling, we sorted the data according to the geomagnetic conditions prevailing during the respective sampling periods. Relative declination and intensity changes of the MF during the respective dog walks were calculated from daily magnetograms. Directional preferences of dogs under different MF conditions were analyzed and tested by means of circular statistics.

Results: Dogs preferred to excrete with the body being aligned along the North–South axis under calm MF conditions. This directional behavior was abolished under unstable MF. The best predictor of the behavioral switch was the rate of change in declination, i.e., polar orientation of the MF.

Conclusions: It is for the first time that (a) magnetic sensitivity was proved in dogs, (b) a measurable, predictable behavioral reaction upon natural MF fluctuations could be unambiguously proven in a mammal, and (c) high sensitivity to small changes in polarity, rather than in intensity, of MF was identified as biologically meaningful. Our findings open new horizons in magnetoreception research. Since the MF is calm in only about 20% of the daylight period, our findings might provide an explanation why many magnetoreception experiments were hardly replicable and why directional values of records in diverse observations are frequently compromised by scatter.

Keywords: Magnetoreception, Magnetosensitivity, Magnetic field, Magnetic storm, Magnetic alignment, Dog, Canid, Mammal

OP
miquelangeles

miquelangeles

Directional preferences of dogs’ changes in the presence of a bar magnet: educational experiments in Israel

Abstract
A lot of animals detect and then align their body axis with respect to the Earth’s magnetic field lines (MF). This behavior was also presented for territory marking dogs. We collected data on directional preferences of dogs under different MF conditions and analyzed the data using circular statistics. Dogs excreted with the body aligned along the North–South axis, but when exposed to small bar magnets, significantly changed their directional positions. The study suggests that dogs are able to recognize MF

ThinPicking

That is wild, great post.

Knew birds and aquatic mammals sense for navigation but a dog ***t positions!?

Maybe humans are doing this subconsciously during certain behaviours...

JamesGatz

Ever since I started sleeping on the floor - my body rotates to the same position on my floor every night, I go to sleep aligned to my table and EVERY NIGHT - without exception - my body rotates so that my body is diagonally across the room, facing a very specific direction

I'm convinced my body is aligning myself to the poles, got to be. In a separate room where my computer is, I instinctively had my computer set up in the same diagonal direction that my body rotates to every night

If I set my computer IN THE SAME SPOT in any other direction it feels very wrong, can't explain it

I also notice if I walk in that same direction, it feels easier than walking in ANY OTHER direction, incredible really - This never happened when I slept on a bed. I'm
Convinced if ones stress is low enough ( since dogs are always naked/grounding and subsequently have healthier metabolisms they are more actively practicing this alignment to the poles I'm convinced

LadyRae

😆.. I am thoroughly enjoying all of the threads that are popping up from you since I commented on the one about sunglasses...

I have actually noticed this dog pooping behavior with my lab, Herschel. I take him on walks multiple times a day up some trails right next to my house honestly out of laziness because I don't want to scoop his business in my yard! I think tomorrow and over the next few days maybe I should take some photos and post them here, poor Herschel

Attachments

• IMG_20220517_145818760.jpg
    IMG_20220517_145818760.jpg
    709.8 KB · Views: 22

TheSir

Ever since I started sleeping on the floor - my body rotates to the same position on my floor every night, I go to sleep aligned to my table and EVERY NIGHT - without exception - my body rotates so that my body is diagonally across the room, facing a very specific direction

I'm convinced my body is aligning myself to the poles, got to be. In a separate room where my computer is, I instinctively had my computer set up in the same diagonal direction that my body rotates to every night

If I set my computer IN THE SAME SPOT in any other direction it feels very wrong, can't explain it

I also notice if I walk in that same direction, it feels easier than walking in ANY OTHER direction, incredible really - This never happened when I slept on a bed. I'm
Convinced if ones stress is low enough ( since dogs are always naked/grounding and subsequently have healthier metabolisms they are more actively practicing this alignment to the poles I'm convinced
When sleeping, does your head or feet point to north?

JamesGatz

When sleeping, does your head or feet point to north?
While sleeping my head points North and my feet point south, I'm trying to learn more info about the leylines too - apparently the NWO placed specific temples and/or major cities at specific points of energy on the leylines (NYC, London, Paris, etc)

LadyRae

After several days of observing my dog on walks and pooping freely in the woods, unfortunately he does not follow any sort of consistent alignment

OP
miquelangeles

miquelangeles

While sleeping my head points North and my feet point south, I'm trying to learn more info about the leylines too - apparently the NWO placed specific temples and/or major cities at specific points of energy on the leylines (NYC, London, Paris, etc)
Have you tried sleeping with your head pointing South or East? Eastern medicine philosophies recommend against sleeping with your head to the north. Sleeping direction determines measurable changes in the body due to the Earth's magnetic field and the Lorentz forces acting on the charged particles influencing the streaming of fluids and also the permeability through the membranes.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals