Dog Bite - Rabies Worry

Blue Water

The dog is under observation right now–– apparently it was vaccinated and if it is not sick by 10 days I was told I am good to go. I have some concerns though, idk if you guys can calm me down a bit.

The dog is a neighbors but i know it is always going around in the woods. We have a lot of bats and raccoons and skunks. Most commonly bats get rabies and can swoop at pets, so it is possible the dog got bit! Furthermore I read that the vaccine is not 100% effective always. To make matters worse, I also read that 14% of dogs actually survive rabies, and that occasionally the symptoms can be atypical ('dumb rabies').

With all this info in mind, I am afraid that I am going to be one of these freak accidents where both the vaccine fails and the dog shows little signs of illness!

Is my fear completely irrational? Hopefully you guys know more than me!

yerrag

I'm on the side that says rabies is an exaggerated disease. I know for cats it is a very very low probability that I'd rather risk my cats not getting shots. I know there's a higher probability with dogs but I don't really think it's really that bad.

Still, there's always that risk people worry about. Better for dog to suffer chronic diseases than for me or my family to face that risk - that's the idea. There's money in treating chronic diseases, which is the same reason why our pets have chronic diseases the same way we do. From shots.

And those yearly booster shots for rabies are overkill, but still - just be extra extra sure- 1000 percent.

If I were you, I wouldn't worry. And if I'm wrong, I'd jump down the cliff.

@burtlancast what's your take?

Last edited:

burtlancast

Magnesium chloride cures Polio without fail; it also works for distemper in dogs; i don't see why it wouldn't work for rabies.

LucyL

If you decide to get a rabies vaccine, don't get the mRNA version (I'm not sure how available it is). Fwiw, my sister got the shots after being bitten by a stray dog, with no adverse reactions. If you haven't had a problem with vaccines before you would probably be ok with this one. (I know this isn't a particularly peaty take, but Rabies isn't COVID- it is actually deadly.)

Edited to add look at Vitamin C

Nicky

Don't fret over this man made rabies. That's right came out of a lab.
The animal drug industry and it is just that an industry, big pharma covers all angles, was always spewing about rabies.
Raccoons were supposed to be the big carriers never happened.
Don't panic dog bites are very common, if you know someone who makes colloidal silver you can drink it and apply topically.
You can by a nice potent silver gel on line made in Australia.
Yearly vaccinations of domestic pets is nothing more than revenue driven, ruins their health, just like what happens to us when we receive vaccines.
So relax and stay away from dogs.

OP
B

Blue Water

man made rabies
Really? Never heard this before.

Magnesium chloride cures Polio without fail; it also works for distemper in dogs; i don't see why it wouldn't work for rabies.
This is interesting, I only saw a chemical similar to DMT (the hallucinogenic drug) as a treatment option and it is very experimental. It is actually found in Mucuna Pruriens.

If I were you, I wouldn't worry
Thanks. My main concern was that if the vaccine fails in dogs, I feel it could provide "partial immunity" to the dog. So basically, vaccine failure could lead to MUCH vaguer, less typical symptoms that could be overlooked (perhaps just low appetite, excess sleepiness, etc.). But I guess this has never really been practically seen so I shouldn't worry.

If I am a freak of statistical probabilities I will just guzzle mag. chloride and vit. C, some silver and some Mucuna. Throw everything at it. Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

yerrag

Won't hurt to put some kerosene on the wound either. Not kidding at all. Used in Germany before for snake bites, but what I've read though didn't mention rabies. I'll share the link later, if you're interested. Let me know.

OP
B

Blue Water

Kerosene LOL. Crazy. Good find.

I read the vitamin C @LucyL posted, it's not therapeutic (apparently), mostly prophylactic. They gave 100mg/kg Vit. C to guinea pigs for 7 days after they gave them the virus. So in human terms I'm guessing it would be like 14grams daily, for extended unknown period of time...

I think rabies virus, once it gets into the brain, basically closes the brain barrier so it prevents treatments from working. Vit. C might neutralize the virus before reaching brain, while it is in the peripheral nervous system.

I'm a bit late on that unfortunately because I got bit 3 days ago, but I have started taking Vit. C right now just in case.

Mag Chloride and mucuna could be possibilities if I start to feel ill, I guess. Idk if I will start drinking gasoline :sweatsmile:

Serene

I was a vet tech for 17 years. In my entire career (working in 3 different states) I only saw 2 animals that were positive for rabies. I handled one of them (syringe feeding) without knowing it was + and without using PPE and I am still here. Lots of fear and guilt associated with pet vaccines - same for humans.

I honestly wouldn't worry about it. Why get vaccinated for something that you were technically just vaccinated with (deep puncture wound with bacteria/virus - that's what vaccines are in a simplified way).

If u do get vaccinated (not recommended by me) do a little research. There are 2 human vaccines available - one is made with cells from aborted babies. Not sure what abominable animal parts are used in the other one. Rabies vaccines cause plenty of side effects in dogs, mostly neurological damage, seizures, behavioral changes. One of the last things I saw as a. At tech was a dog that had IMHA, bleeding into the space around his spinal cord. Died writhing in agony 3 days after a rabies vaccine. That was the actual diagnosis, so not some crazy conspiracy theory. ?

Pretty sure IV vitamin C is a very effective cure for Ebola and other viruses. Start mega dosing.

It's better not to risk the vax. Ray said in a Danny's livestream that the whole rabies thing is exaggerated.

Serene

+1

pro marker

Don't fret over this man made rabies. That's right came out of a lab.
The animal drug industry and it is just that an industry, big pharma covers all angles, was always spewing about rabies.
Raccoons were supposed to be the big carriers never happened.
Don't panic dog bites are very common, if you know someone who makes colloidal silver you can drink it and apply topically.
You can by a nice potent silver gel on line made in Australia.
Yearly vaccinations of domestic pets is nothing more than revenue driven, ruins their health, just like what happens to us when we receive vaccines.
So relax and stay away from dogs.
that's a new one. how do you explain why the Muslims demonize dogs? or those videos of kids in India that are dying of rabies? ill agree that there's a ton of misinformation and profit-driven lies, but this isnt some new phenomena.

Nicky

The dog will be watched closely, since the animal did receive a rabies vaccine, they could also do titters.
If it was really suspect the dog would have been put down and a necropsy would be done on the brain.

Nicky

Dr. W. R. Hadwen of England was also in controversy with Pasteur. Dr. William A. Bruette, former assistant chief of the Bureau of Animal Industry in Washington, was also a contemporary of Pasteur and gave many proofs of Pasteur’s incorrect findings. Dr. Bruette has proved, as a matter of fact, that rabies vaccine is not only a fraud, but harmful. He scores the use of rabies vaccine and states that “inoculation spreads disease.” He goes as far as to call the sale of rabies vaccine an out and out racket.

Dr. Matthew Woods, another contemporary of Pasteur, then a leading member of the Philadelphia Medical. Society, wrote much on the subject of rabies. He stated, “at the Philadelphia dog pound, where on an average more than 6,000 vagrant dogs are taken annually, and where the catchers and keepers are frequently bitten while handling them, not one case of hydrophobia has occurred during it’s entire history of twenty-five years, in which time 150,000 dogs have been handled.”

Nicky

32612USE

In a book entitled, “Bechamp or Pasteur,” by E. D. Hume, there may be found much proof pertinent to our discussion. A notable failure of the Pasteur treatment was that of a young postman, named Pierre Roscol, who, with another man, was attacked by a dog supposed to be mad, but was not bitten, for the dog’s teeth did not penetrate his clothing; but his companion received severe bites. The latter refused to go to the Pasteur Institute and remained in perfect health; but the unfortunate Roscal was forced by the postal authorities to undergo the treatment, beginning March 9th. On the following April 12th severe symptoms set in with pain at the point of inoculation, not at the place of the bite, for he had never been bitten. On April 14th he died of paralytic “hydrophobia” the new disease brought into the world by Pasteur.

So yeah vaccines cause the disease, nothing new.

OP
B

Blue Water

I'm still alive so far but the suspense will likely kill me first. :dancenanner

Dog is alive too, but I don't trust the docs who are telling me this. Maybe the owner lied to them.

yerrag

Nice. Very nice. You can then go do your first bungee jump after this ordeal.

Nicky

You could demand titters be done on the dog for rabies, at the owners expense of course, also there would be records at the clinic where the animal was vaccinated for the rabies vaccine that should of been the proof you needed..

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals