Does Vitamin E increase increase appetite? Can not explain sudden RIDICULOUS increase in hunger.

EmperorOfMan

Hey so i started Peating Approximately 4 months ago. Since then ive slowly been implementing his teachings. I have managed to reduce PUFA intake by about 80%, started supplementing vitamin D, eating carrots daily, and saying away from grains and sticking to "healthy" starches" This being said, about 1-2 weeks ago i started supplementing Aspirin and Vitamin E and my Appetite has increased toto the point where its annyoing to constantly be hungry and in need of food. Yesterday for example, i had 4 chicken breasts, 8 eggs, 2 bowls of rice,a bannana/orange, and was still left feeling hungry merely an hour later. Not sure if this is an issue, or just a result of an increased metabolism??? Either way, being somewhat above average in height (1.90 cm), i have always eaten more than most, but now, its getting absolutely ridiculous.I used to eat one dinner a day, but now i need 2-3 DINNER SIZED MEALS a day just to feel good????. Cant figure out whats going on, am i hypermetabolic or is this just normal???

nieciadunn

I’ve noticed that vitamin e gives me that symptom which I actually attribute to blood sugar dysregulation. I know vitamin E is supposed to help blood sugar but for me I notice it does the opposite, not sure why!

You might be increasing your metabolism as well, but ideally you should be able to stay full for a few hours at least.

Awellness

Hey so i started Peating Approximately 4 months ago. Since then ive slowly been implementing his teachings. I have managed to reduce PUFA intake by about 80%, started supplementing vitamin D, eating carrots daily, and saying away from grains and sticking to "healthy" starches" This being said, about 1-2 weeks ago i started supplementing Aspirin and Vitamin E and my Appetite has increased toto the point where its annyoing to constantly be hungry and in need of food. Yesterday for example, i had 4 chicken breasts, 8 eggs, 2 bowls of rice,a bannana/orange, and was still left feeling hungry merely an hour later. Not sure if this is an issue, or just a result of an increased metabolism??? Either way, being somewhat above average in height (1.90 cm), i have always eaten more than most, but now, its getting absolutely ridiculous.I used to eat one dinner a day, but now i need 2-3 DINNER SIZED MEALS a day just to feel good????. Cant figure out whats going on, am i hypermetabolic or is this just normal???
Aspirin can lower blood glucose and lowers my blood pressure even though it's already low. If I take too much my body will try to compensate by craving more calories to push blood sugar and blood pressure back up Are you measuring blood pressure or blood sugar when you are feeling ravenous?

OP
EmperorOfMan

EmperorOfMan

Aspirin can lower blood glucose and lowers my blood pressure even though it's already low. If I take too much my body will try to compensate by craving more calories to push blood sugar and blood pressure back up Are you measuring blood pressure or blood sugar when you are feeling ravenous?
Interesting.I will look into getting a device to start measuring my blood pressure. Also have been considering getting a thermometer to measure my body temps, maybe that could provide some answers as well?

BearWithMe

Vitamin E pushes my metabolism past the breaking point every time I take it. Just one dose of 200 IU is enough to make me crash.

It should PARTIALLY inhibit free fatty acids ... so it shouldn't increase hunger but rather lower it, you probably need to support it with higher amounts of glucose or you are creating disturbances in other metabolic pathways.

It should PARTIALLY inhibit free fatty acids ... so it shouldn't increase hunger but rather lower it, you probably need to support it with higher amounts of glucose or you are creating disturbances in other metabolic pathways.

Dr. B

Vitamin E pushes my metabolism past the breaking point every time I take it. Just one dose of 200 IU is enough to make me crash.
what does it do that makes you crash.
its better to keep PUFA super low, no eggs or non grass fed dairy either, and minimize vitamin E usage.
vitamin E can be used sparingly for if you have lots of eggs, or eat out somewhere.

NatachaRose

Taking high doses of Vitamin E lowers your metabolism so my guess is Aspirin is making you extra hungry because it helps a lot with energy production which means you might need more calories because your body is producing more energy.

Dr. B

Taking high doses of Vitamin E lowers your metabolism so my guess is Aspirin is making you extra hungry because it helps a lot with energy production which means you might need more calories because your body is producing more energy.
How and why does vitamin E lower metabolism

NatachaRose

How and why does vitamin E lower metabolism
Because of the Redox mechanism. Everything works in balance and we need oxidative stress. When you’re consuming too much anti oxidant (E vitamin is one of them) you lower your metabolism.

Dr. B

Because of the Redox mechanism. Everything works in balance and we need oxidative stress. When you’re consuming too much anti oxidant (E vitamin is one of them) you lower your metabolism.
what about policosanol, fish oil, caffeine, black seed oil, PQQ, vitamin c, selenium, tocotrienols

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals