Does Vitamin C Increase Progesterone?

serling78

I've read that Vitamin C is good for libido but I've also read that it increases progesterone. Seems like both can't be true. Does anyone have any good or bad experience from vitamin C?

baccheion

2g increases nitric oxide. Vitamin C also increases DBH (ie, norepinephrine/epinephrine) and acetylcholine.

OP
S

serling78

2g increases nitric oxide. Vitamin C also increases DBH (ie, norepinephrine/epinephrine) and acetylcholine.

Sorry, I'm not well versed enough to understand that :):. In layman's terms what are the effects of increased norepinephrine/epinephrine and acetylcholine.

baccheion

Yep that is true , but the terminology is lost on me. If admitting that somehow opens me up to judgement then that's fine. Guess I've got some homework to do...
Acetylcholine and nitric oxide increases vasodilation. Epinephrine increases sensitivity IIRC.

Recoen

I've read that Vitamin C is good for libido but I've also read that it increases progesterone. Seems like both can't be true. Does anyone have any good or bad experience from vitamin C?
I took high dose vitamin C and had bad oxalate problems because of it- mastitis three times confirmed by lab due to oxalate; frozen shoulder; exacerbated rhabdo issues.

OP
S

serling78

How high was your daily dose?
I took high dose vitamin C and had bad oxalate problems because of it- mastitis three times confirmed by lab due to oxalate; frozen shoulder; exacerbated rhabdo issues.

GelatinGoblin

Why do users use Vitamin C? Is it Intravenous or with some high Vit C food like Kakadu Plums or Acerola Cherries?
Ray warned of Heavy Metal contamination and whatnot.

Is Liposomal C a better option?, a lot more expensive.

GelatinGoblin

At single doses it's much less effective at raising Plasma Vit.C and you excrete much more.
Liposomal Vit.C is superior to normal, but inferior to I.V.
This is what I know at least.