Does thyroid use up calcium in the body?

beachbum

mayweatherking said:
post 104336
beachbum said:
post 104333 Hi Mayweatherking,

There is a site called http://www.progesteronetheraphy.com that a woman tells hers story of estrogen dominance and helps men with similar problems to you

Hope your feeling better soon
Beachbum

I cannot open it. Is that the right address?

So I just ate chicken and oj but this time no gelatin.... no tiredness. WTF? am I allergic to everything or something?

I'm sorry for late reply. Try this link

http://www.progesteronetherapy.com/prog ... z3rHZtCsJi

If that doesn't work then type in

www.progesteronetherapy.com

I know that will turn into a link when post this (at least I think so) try that too.

God bless
Beachbum

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
mayweatherking
beachbum said:
post 109159
mayweatherking said:
post 104336
beachbum said:
post 104333 Hi Mayweatherking,

There is a site called http://www.progesteronetheraphy.com that a woman tells hers story of estrogen dominance and helps men with similar problems to you

Hope your feeling better soon
Beachbum

I cannot open it. Is that the right address?

So I just ate chicken and oj but this time no gelatin.... no tiredness. WTF? am I allergic to everything or something?

I'm sorry for late reply. Try this link

http://www.progesteronetherapy.com/prog ... z3rHZtCsJi

If that doesn't work then type in

http://www.progesteronetherapy.com

I know that will turn into a link when post this (at least I think so) try that too.

God bless
Beachbum

sorry I just saw this. I'll give it a try when I get back home, I have some progesterone so I'll see how I do. I tried the DHEA and felt close to death... so.. not sure what will happen with that.

OP
mayweatherking
Okay guys, I seem to have hit a road block. First of all, the fungus is still insane. I'm actually noticing it starting to cover my whole back now too. I have a bunch of spots covering my back similar to on my chest, but seems to be lighter. It is a little intense. I am not taking any vitamins, but I know vitamin A helps with this. Do you think I should just eat a bunch of liver? I am doing like 1oz a day, it is not seeming to work.

Here's what my typical day is looking like now, (btw, ignore the protein, I get more than this, it was just to show the lack of fats) if you'll notice, fats are basically non existent:

3mU8Qx4.jpg

sVdsGmj.jpg

I seem to get no scalp itch from doing chicken, honey, turkey, apple juice(i added this in recently, seems to be good for me), although cheese is sometimes problematic. However.. I am getting like no fat. I added milk today just to try, however, after a little bit, the scalp itch came on, however, one or two sips of coffee killed any scalp itch. I dk what the deal is. Is it ok to use coffee as a crutch to handle milk or it is too soon? I DK. I'm still working out the kinks there.

Does anyone (tara or sea or someone) know good alternatives to getting fat that is not dairy? I notice when I eat no fat, I feel almost invicible. Like zero anxiety, but it is a little weird, like sometihg is off about me. Obviously I need some fat, but I think if I found a good fat alternative to dairy, maybe things will start clicking? My temp is consistently above 98, usually at 98.6 or higher, so I mean.. I'm getting somewhere. If i can just kill this fungus and find a good fat, maybe it will be enough... or I'm thinking about jumping on thyroid and then I'll be able to handle the milk and maybe everything will fall into place now that I've been doing this honey thing for a while... I just don't want to kill myself from a lack of fat.

Or maybe some calcium that is non dairy? Seems like calcium is the worst problem for me which is odd. I always get problems when I eat calcium of any kind.

tara

I know you want to see if you cn sort out your fungus chest by fixing your metabolism, but I think the fungus itself can mess with the metabolism. I expect that optimal metabolism would resist fungal infection, but I'm not at all sure it can be relied on to eliminate an infectin once it's underway. I think Rakhimov at normalbreathing (Buteyko method) reckoned that you had to eliminate fungal infections with topical chemicals or they would impede recovery. sometimes fungal infections are really easy to get rid of. But sometimes they aren't. Vinegar is the simplest cheapest thing to try, and it is sometimes enough. Oregano or tea tree oil are stronger. Garlic. Or pharmaceuticals. The skin likes to be a little acidic anyway. When metabolism is low, the body can be short on resources for keeping skin in ideal balance all the time. I think maybe an overly alkaline body may be more hospitable to fungii.

Is it positively identified as fungal?

OP
mayweatherking
tara said:
post 110193 I know you want to see if you cn sort out your fungus chest by fixing your metabolism, but I think the fungus itself can mess with the metabolism. I expect that optimal metabolism would resist fungal infection, but I'm not at all sure it can be relied on to eliminate an infectin once it's underway. I think Rakhimov at normalbreathing (Buteyko method) reckoned that you had to eliminate fungal infections with topical chemicals or they would impede recovery. sometimes fungal infections are really easy to get rid of. But sometimes they aren't. Vinegar is the simplest cheapest thing to try, and it is sometimes enough. Oregano or tea tree oil are stronger. Garlic. Or pharmaceuticals. The skin likes to be a little acidic anyway. When metabolism is low, the body can be short on resources for keeping skin in ideal balance all the time. I think maybe an overly alkaline body may be more hospitable to fungii.

Is it positively identified as fungal?

it is... i got it checked from a doctor before. are you sure about that it will impede recovery?? where does someone say that?

D

Derek

I haven't been following this whole thread so I don't know your history. Just answering the questions you posted on the last page here. Other good sources of fat are coconut or palm kernel oil, olive oil, cocoa butter, etc... You said you do well with coffee, maybe try substituting that for a good natural chocolate bar. That will give the SFA and should give also the benefits you get from coffee.

Stop consuming milk. If it's causing you to itch, it isn't something you should be consuming.

Not only is your diet deficient in micro nutrients, there are also some ratios between them that are way off. One that comes to mind is your Zinc:Copper ratio. It should be 8:1 in favor of zinc. That means you should be getting 30-40mg of zinc, to balance the 4.4mg of copper. Skin issues, including fungal, are often due to a zinc deficiency/copper excess!

Calcium:Magnesium ratio is also not good. Should be a 1:1 ratio!

Not enough calories either. But like I said I haven't read the whole thread. Maybe there is a reason for that, IDK.

tara

Derek said:
post 110245 Calcium:Magnesium ratio is also not good. Should be a 1:1 ratio!
Are you saying this applies to the OP specifically for some reason? If so, maybe mention why?
Or if you meant it generally, please acknowledge that you are contradicting Peat.

As I understand it, Peat says that magnesium requirements depend on how well we are retaining magnesium. Hypothyroid states tend to lose magnesium more easily, so requirements are higher. I think he has said that for many hypothyroid people, 400mg is a reasonable amount, while people with strong metabolisms may need less. There are reports here of some people doing better with more. I too would favour OP getting much more magnesium.

I think Peat has generally suggested 1200 - 2000 mg calcium, and at least as much calcium as phosphorus. For most people, this means much more calcium than magnesium.
The OP, however, supplemented way more calcium than this for a while, and I suspect this may have been causing trouble for him. So he may be in a different situation than the average or average hypothyroid person wrt calcium intake until he recovers from that. I'm not sure how to tell if that recovery is over - my best guess would be by monitoring UpH, but that is not directly from Peat. In the short-term, you may be right, that more like 1:1 Ca:Mg would serve OP better.

I agree that more zinc and other micronutrients would also likely be valuable.

tara

mayweatherking said:
post 110239 it is... i got it checked from a doctor before. are you sure about that it will impede recovery?? where does someone say that?
I'm not sure, just a possibility.
I read about it at normalbreathing.com a couple of years ago. I've just read what is there now, and it isn't quite as I remember it - don't know if that's my memory or his changes. http://www.normalbreathing.com/l-buteyk ... ctions.php. He refers tfungal infections in feet. Don't know if the same applies in other places. I had a fungal infection on my torso many years ago, and it gradually sorted itself over a few months - dr didn't suggest any other treatment. I've had foot fungus for nearly as long, and have not been able to eradicate it.

D

Derek

tara said:
post 110272
Derek said:
Are you saying this applies to the OP specifically for some reason? If so, maybe mention why?
Or if you meant it generally, please acknowledge that you are contradicting Peat.

As I understand it, Peat says that magnesium requirements depend on how well we are retaining magnesium. Hypothyroid states tend to lose magnesium more easily, so requirements are higher. I think he has said that for many hypothyroid people, 400mg is a reasonable amount, while people with strong metabolisms may need less. There are reports here of some people doing better with more. I too would favour OP getting much more magnesium.

I think Peat has generally suggested 1200 - 2000 mg calcium, and at least as much calcium as phosphorus. For most people, this means much more calcium than magnesium.
The OP, however, supplemented way more calcium than this for a while, and I suspect this may have been causing trouble for him. So he may be in a different situation than the average or average hypothyroid person wrt calcium intake until he recovers from that. I'm not sure how to tell if that recovery is over - my best guess would be by monitoring UpH, but that is not directly from Peat. In the short-term, you may be right, that more like 1:1 Ca:Mg would serve OP better.

I meant that 1:1 ratio of Calcium:Magnesium in general terms. I think that is a very sound and safe ratio. I guess I don't agree with Peat on that.

Your understanding of magnesium is way off. Yes people with good thyroid function retain it and people with bad thyroid function do not, but if you have bad thyroid function; the amount you supplement/eat means nothing. You will not be able to retain any with suboptimal thyroid function.

Yes, I looked back at this OP and see he was supplementing huge amounts of eggshell with large amounts of milk. I don't know who suggested that to him, but that certainly is an irresponsible suggestion, at the very least.

And, I see he's complaining of fungal rash and itching from milk. Looks like a zinc deficiency to me as milk depletes zinc. And, fungal skin issues are usually a result of zinc:calcium:copper imbalance. My point is that all the coffee and milk, in relation to low zinc is what's probably causing the issue. That's my opinion on the issue and it may contradict Peat.

tara

Derek said:
post 110278 Your understanding of magnesium is way off. Yes people with good thyroid function retain it and people with bad thyroid function do not, but if you have bad thyroid function; the amount you supplement/eat means nothing. You will not be able to retain any with suboptimal thyroid function.

It does seem that some hypothyroid people get significant improvements in some symptoms by increasing magnesium intake, so I guess they are getting something out of it.

Wouldn't surprise me if you are right about low zinc in relation to the others. I think Peat would also recommend more zinc than that.

Derek said:
post 110278 Yes, I looked back at this OP and see he was supplementing huge amounts of eggshell with large amounts of milk. I don't know who suggested that to him, but that certainly is an irresponsible suggestion, at the very least.
I didn't see anyone suggest this to him. Along with extra baking soda, I consider it hazardous too.

D

Derek

The only effect I've ever seen hypothyroid people get from magnesium supplementation is diarrhea. The types of magnesium that seem to help and don't cause diarrhea, (Mag Water or Mag Glycinate) I think are helping because the Bicarbonate and Glycine; not the magnesium!

tara

Derek said:
post 110286 The only effect I've ever seen hypothyroid people get from magnesium supplementation is diarrhea. The types of magnesium that seem to help and don't cause diarrhea, (Mag Water or Mag Glycinate) I think are helping because the Bicarbonate and Glycine; not the magnesium!
Some swear by Mg sulphate baths. I imagine sulphur may be part of the benefit. I'm not recommending it, but aren't there lots of people who describe better sleep from mg citrate, too? Some people get effective migraine relief from supplemental magnesium, too. Hasn't solved mine, but I think I may be more prone if I miss my mg supplement for a day or two. Likely other confounding factors with that, though. I don't get diarrhea from them.

Personally, I really miss greens if I go more than a day without. I'm guessing part of the benefit is the Mg. Can't be sure, though - it could be other components.

OP
mayweatherking
Derek said:
post 110245 I haven't been following this whole thread so I don't know your history. Just answering the questions you posted on the last page here. Other good sources of fat are coconut or palm kernel oil, olive oil, cocoa butter, etc... You said you do well with coffee, maybe try substituting that for a good natural chocolate bar. That will give the SFA and should give also the benefits you get from coffee.

Stop consuming milk. If it's causing you to itch, it isn't something you should be consuming.

Not only is your diet deficient in micro nutrients, there are also some ratios between them that are way off. One that comes to mind is your Zinc:Copper ratio. It should be 8:1 in favor of zinc. That means you should be getting 30-40mg of zinc, to balance the 4.4mg of copper. Skin issues, including fungal, are often due to a zinc deficiency/copper excess!

Not enough calories either. But like I said I haven't read the whole thread. Maybe there is a reason for that, IDK.

What other foods do you recommend? I mostly am avoiding a lot because it causes itch. Coconut oil causes me very bad brain fog. You eat the olive oil straight?

Zinc to copper ratio.. that should be oysters right? I do consume them a couple times a week, I will do probably 2 cans a week, it just isn't this particular day. Is that OK? I also do 1oz of liver a day.

Regarding the calcium to magnesium.. OK I didn't know that. I was taking eggshell calcium, but it wasn't working out, it caused the sides of my skull to get bigger or my head to expand. Like literaly pain in the side of my head. Very weird. I am usually doing raw cheese 2x a day to hit the 1k mg calcium amount and now I have coffee with it, so I think that should be OK, right? I am not getting enough calcium to phosphurus because I am doing a lot of muslce meat, but I'm out of options for calcium.

I do have some breaking news. I manage to drink milk and not get any itch when I take a ***t load of sugar with it and coffee and salt. If I time it right, and have some coffee with it, the itch is not there. It also boosts my temperature. I tried having milk while my temp is 98.6 and it doesn't cause itch then. Maybe I am just not doing enough sugar with the milk? My libido wiggled a little too after I got some. I just went and bought white sugar to add to milk so maybe that will help also. I ate a lot of honey with it, it almost made me sick to be honest that's why I bought the white sugar.

I do notice when I eat oysters.. my temp boosts up a lot and I feel way better. Should I eat a ton of oysters? lol

Derek.. I haven't been drinking any milk at all lately. I only got calcium from raw cheese, which seems to give me itch when I hate it. The coffee when I drink it with it offests it a lot. I dk why.. maybe the magnesium?

OP
mayweatherking
Derek said:
post 110278
tara said:
post 110272
Derek said:

I meant that 1:1 ratio of Calcium:Magnesium in general terms. I think that is a very sound and safe ratio. I guess I don't agree with Peat on that.

Your understanding of magnesium is way off. Yes people with good thyroid function retain it and people with bad thyroid function do not, but if you have bad thyroid function; the amount you supplement/eat means nothing. You will not be able to retain any with suboptimal thyroid function.

Yes, I looked back at this OP and see he was supplementing huge amounts of eggshell with large amounts of milk. I don't know who suggested that to him, but that certainly is an irresponsible suggestion, at the very least.

And, I see he's complaining of fungal rash and itching from milk. Looks like a zinc deficiency to me as milk depletes zinc. And, fungal skin issues are usually a result of zinc:calcium:copper imbalance. My point is that all the coffee and milk, in relation to low zinc is what's probably causing the issue. That's my opinion on the issue and it may contradict Peat.

I was doing large amounts of eggshell calcium to offset phosphurus. I was trying to do milk.. but I think my thyroid was sub optimal so I couldn't handle it. Whateer you recommend for the fungus would be greatly appreciated.. .it is all over my back now!!!

OP
mayweatherking
tara said:
post 110273
mayweatherking said:
post 110239 it is... i got it checked from a doctor before. are you sure about that it will impede recovery?? where does someone say that?
I'm not sure, just a possibility.
I read about it at normalbreathing.com a couple of years ago. I've just read what is there now, and it isn't quite as I remember it - don't know if that's my memory or his changes. http://www.normalbreathing.com/l-buteyk ... ctions.php. He refers tfungal infections in feet. Don't know if the same applies in other places. I had a fungal infection on my torso many years ago, and it gradually sorted itself over a few months - dr didn't suggest any other treatment. I've had foot fungus for nearly as long, and have not been able to eradicate it.

Yeah I've been worried about the fungus because it is getting worse.. I will try some topical treatment on my chest. Hopefully the rest will work itself out though.

OP
mayweatherking
for oysters
Derek said:
post 110245 I haven't been following this whole thread so I don't know your history. Just answering the questions you posted on the last page here. Other good sources of fat are coconut or palm kernel oil, olive oil, cocoa butter, etc... You said you do well with coffee, maybe try substituting that for a good natural chocolate bar. That will give the SFA and should give also the benefits you get from coffee.

I just looked up oysters.. zinc looks like it is almost 1:1 zinc to copper. and Liver is way too much copper. DAmn man.. I have been having way too much copper you think then? I dk how I can handle supplements though.

edit: nevermind.. I was looking at percentage of daily value. I do see it has way more zinc than copper. Maybe I should just start chowing down on oysters everyday for a little until the fungus is cured? lol

what is agood meal for oysters do you think? eat honey, oysters, and coffee?

D

Derek

Mayweatherking,

I think you need to cool out and simplify things a little bit. My first bit of advice would be if something's bothering you stop eating it, whether it's milk, cheese, oysters or coconut oil. Find some foods you tolerate well. It seems you may be over thinking all of this diet stuff. Just try to eat a normal, sound diet. You said milk and cheese are making you itch and you can offset this with coffee, sugar, salt, etc... How about just stop eating milk and cheese for a while and see what happens.

In my opinion Calcium and especially milk suppresses thyroid. That's why you tolerate it better when you consume salt, sugar and caffeine. Maybe you should try to limit dairy, but still consume salt, sugar and coffee or chocolate!

It's not really necessary to consume eggshell to offset phosphorus in milk, or meat for that matter. When you are eating sugar it uses up phosphorus shifting the balance more towards calcium. If you were eating white rice, meat, vegetables and sugar; you're calcium:phosphorus ratio would probably be fine. As long as you got a decent amount from the vegetables.

Rash could also be a histamine reaction to oysters/cheese or a poor zinc/copper balance. I wouldn't recommend oysters. They are too high in copper (for someone who already may have copper issues) and too high in heavy metals. Eat beef or lamb for zinc.

Have you went to a dermatologist for the rash? Or tried any OTC creams for the rash?

I think you should try to concentrate on zinc, manganese, magnesium, potassium and sodium and try to minimize calcium, copper and histamine containing foods. I'm not saying to not eat any calcium or copper, but maybe you shouldn't focus on it. Your history of consuming massive amounts of these 2 minerals probably has you supersaturated with them. Also, eat more calories whether it be sugar or starch.

Zinc - Beef or Lamb or Eggs
Manganese - White Rice, Maple syrup, oatmeal, cinnamon (you can get this all for breakfast in one meal mostly)
Potassium - Potatoes, fruit juice, cooked green vegetables
Magnesium - Cooked green vegetables, potatoes, chocolate or coffee
Salt & Sugar
Calcium - Maybe have some cottage cheese to lower histamine, or just choose vegetables that are high in calcium
Copper - You get more than enough from the above foods

OP
mayweatherking
Derek said:
post 110445 Mayweatherking,

I think you need to cool out and simplify things a little bit. My first bit of advice would be if something's bothering you stop eating it, whether it's milk, cheese, oysters or coconut oil. Find some foods you tolerate well. It seems you may be over thinking all of this diet stuff. Just try to eat a normal, sound diet. You said milk and cheese are making you itch and you can offset this with coffee, sugar, salt, etc... How about just stop eating milk and cheese for a while and see what happens.

In my opinion Calcium and especially milk suppresses thyroid. That's why you tolerate it better when you consume salt, sugar and caffeine. Maybe you should try to limit dairy, but still consume salt, sugar and coffee or chocolate!

It's not really necessary to consume eggshell to offset phosphorus in milk, or meat for that matter. When you are eating sugar it uses up phosphorus shifting the balance more towards calcium. If you were eating white rice, meat, vegetables and sugar; you're calcium:phosphorus ratio would probably be fine. As long as you got a decent amount from the vegetables.

Rash could also be a histamine reaction to oysters/cheese or a poor zinc/copper balance. I wouldn't recommend oysters. They are too high in copper (for someone who already may have copper issues) and too high in heavy metals. Eat beef or lamb for zinc.

Have you went to a dermatologist for the rash? Or tried any OTC creams for the rash?

I think you should try to concentrate on zinc, manganese, magnesium, potassium and sodium and try to minimize calcium, copper and histamine containing foods. I'm not saying to not eat any calcium or copper, but maybe you shouldn't focus on it. Your history of consuming massive amounts of these 2 minerals probably has you supersaturated with them. Also, eat more calories whether it be sugar or starch.

Manganese - White Rice, Maple syrup, oatmeal, cinnamon (you can get this all for breakfast in one meal mostly)
Salt & Sugar
Calcium - Maybe have some cottage cheese to lower histamine, or just choose vegetables that are high in calcium

ok wow thanks for the info. i can definitely switch to beef for zinc. so i see the foods you recommend, i can do that, but how do you suggest to combine them? like fruit juice or sugar with the beef? potatoes i can do as well for potassium.. should i take some beef with it though? that's where i'm a little confused, the mixing of sugars with the protein. cottage cheese doesn't agree with me, sea recommended that.. but i got very bad itch. again, it could be the thyroid though and not enough sugar.

here's what's pretty amazing: i never could handle milk.. even with sugar. i seem to handle it better now? i'm not sure. i feel way better when i boosted up my sugar a lot recently. i think it is pretty good. i think if i get your diet with the right protein/carb ratios and do milk maybe 1x a day or something, i might be OK. i seem to be getting way less itch today after using coffee and sugar with the milk.. i think it's giving my body what it needs badly.

D

Derek

mayweatherking said:
post 110452
Derek said:

Salt & Sugar

ok wow thanks for the info. i can definitely switch to beef for zinc. so i see the foods you recommend, i can do that, but how do you suggest to combine them? like fruit juice or sugar with the beef? potatoes i can do as well for potassium.. should i take some beef with it though? that's where i'm a little confused, the mixing of sugars with the protein. cottage cheese doesn't agree with me, sea recommended that.. but i got very bad itch. again, it could be the thyroid though and not enough sugar.

here's what's pretty amazing: i never could handle milk.. even with sugar. i seem to handle it better now? i'm not sure. i feel way better when i boosted up my sugar a lot recently. i think it is pretty good. i think if i get your diet with the right protein/carb ratios and do milk maybe 1x a day or something, i might be OK. i seem to be getting way less itch today after using coffee and sugar with the milk.. i think it's giving my body what it needs badly.

As far as sugar/starch with protein for meals, it all depends on your digestion. If you have horrible digestion I would eat starches/sugars and proteins separately. So you may have to eat 6 times or more a day. But, if you have okay digestion than you can eat starches or sugars with protein fine. Again, listen to your body. Does this make sense?

Yes, if you tolerate milk than drink it, that's fine. Milk, coffee and sugar seems to be a good combination for you. However, I wouldn't overdo it. Like don't drink 2-3 quarts of milk a day. Drink milk like a normal person, maybe 2 cups a day. Again, I'm sure you are overloaded with calcium based on your history.

OP
mayweatherking
Derek said:
post 110508
mayweatherking said:
post 110452
Derek said:

Salt & Sugar

As far as sugar/starch with protein for meals, it all depends on your digestion. If you have horrible digestion I would eat starches/sugars and proteins separately. So you may have to eat 6 times or more a day. But, if you have okay digestion than you can eat starches or sugars with protein fine. Again, listen to your body. Does this make sense?

Yes, if you tolerate milk than drink it, that's fine. Milk, coffee and sugar seems to be a good combination for you. However, I wouldn't overdo it. Like don't drink 2-3 quarts of milk a day. Drink milk like a normal person, maybe 2 cups a day. Again, I'm sure you are overloaded with calcium based on your history.

Yes I know what you are saying. Thank you. What do you think about insulin release though and protein needing to be in every meal? Will I be doing myself a disservice by this? I notice sometimes I get an itch if I have some kind of sugar, but it goes away in a little bit. My though process was the protein is taking care of it now, but I don't know.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals