Does thyroid use up calcium in the body?

OP
mayweatherking
tara said:
post 106058
mayweatherking said:
post 106045 I see. Is ther eanything you can think of that is as good as honey that is not honey? It makes my hair itchy I believe. I am trying now cottage cheese and honey to see if there is a difference.. but I think the greek yogurt is too much for me. FWIW, I gave up on raw goat milk because I reacted bad to it aswell.

tara said:
post 105890 It might be a bumpy ride, but if you back off as you get a possible symptom of something, you could get stuck in continuing energy deficiency.

It's probably good if you can also manage some other foods with more of the micronutrients than honey has, as well as eating honey. Depends what your system can digest. Your still having some fruit juice and dairy and eggs and meat through the day, right? How do you do with soup made from gelatinous ruminant cuts + greens + roots/tubers? Occasional liver, oysters?

i do good with those, but i never had a libido increase from those until i did honey. well i did when i took wp thyroid. i guess the honey is finally giving me enough sugar to run my thyroid. but damn.. my hair gets so itchy from it. it literally feels like pins and needles on my head after i eat some honey and cottage cheese right now. but it's making me feel starving. as i eat the cottage cheese and honey, my stomach i feel even more starving as i eat it, even though my stomach feels really big right now full of food lol.

i will try honey with the the other stuff i am good with. it might jsut be the cottage cheese and gree kyogurt tbh. i did horrible with all dairy stuff i've tried in the past.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
mayweatherking
whenever i take aspirin... my hunger explodes now and my hair itching stops... something with aspirin seems very good for me. it also gave me libido when i first took it a week or so ago.

tara

Yes, don't eat other stuff instead of honey, eat it as well.

supercoolguy

Holy sh*t....this is the biggeset play-by-play ive ever seen. How do you keep track!

Look at labels not just the brand, thats how they should label foods... With the INGREDIENTS in large print and the brand 2inches across on the back. I tap baking soda in my 2% Plain Greek Yogurt to knock-out the lactic acid, creating a little CO2. Mix in fruit and Rinsed cottage cheese its a good blob of protein & calcium and RP has mentioned Bksoda acts like Vit K sending calcium into bones. (maybe BkSoda gets used-up when neutralizing the Lactic Acid??? i dunno)

tara

Can't keep track of it all. :)

supercoolguy said:
post 106073 I tap baking soda in my 2% Plain Greek Yogurt to knock-out the lactic acid, creating a little CO2.
I was thinking of trying that - does it taste good?

supercoolguy

ITs fine, it get a little Jelly looking if you let it sit, I add 100% Fructose Crystals if im low on fruit.....i do BkSoda for OJ too. It reminds my of Orange Julius.

tara

Ta. I just tried it. Not too keen. My (commercial) OJ tastes much better with baking soda though.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I agree with tara and think the hunger you are experiencing is a good sign.

I look at it like this, the body finally gets something thats healing it and turning up the metabolism while also turning up the hunger factor because it wants more. When I get those hunger situations I completely and totally eat/drink into it listening to my body. While at the same time smiling because I know whats up. :D

OP
mayweatherking
So my hair is continuously getting itchy and hair is not looking so hot. I guess I truly destroyed my metabolism and starved myself from trying to heal my body. Im starting to feel better doing all this stuff.. but the scalp itch doesnt stop and the hair fall is still insane. Anytime I wash my hair its e bbc erywhere and now its almost at the breaking point. Damn this is really sad and so close.

Maybe I should jump on methylene blue or haifut was telling me about b5? Or maybe I should jump on the magnesium? I am using the light.. but it is not enough. I need something to stop this. Aspirin seems to be the best so far

OP
mayweatherking
supercoolguy said:
post 106073 Holy sh*t....this is the biggeset play-by-play ive ever seen. How do you keep track!

Look at labels not just the brand, thats how they should label foods... With the INGREDIENTS in large print and the brand 2inches across on the back. I tap baking soda in my 2% Plain Greek Yogurt to knock-out the lactic acid, creating a little CO2. Mix in fruit and Rinsed cottage cheese its a good blob of protein & calcium and RP has mentioned Bksoda acts like Vit K sending calcium into bones. (maybe BkSoda gets used-up when neutralizing the Lactic Acid??? i dunno)

Yogurt seems to give me bad scalp itch. I csnbtry with baking soda but it is usually not good with dairy of any kind. Even now.. my temp is 98.8.. yet my head feels inflamed. I can literqlly feel my scalp and how itchy it is and dying. Im gonna go eat some yogurt and honey and take two asprin and see what happens... sigh. At least my emotions seem to be stabilizing.

Yes hunger is good.m thanks chsrlie and tara.. too bad it is accompanied by scalp itch. If I can stop this hair loss I think my life will be complete.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
mayweatherking said:
post 106167 Yes hunger is good.m thanks chsrlie and tara.. too bad it is accompanied by scalp itch. If I can stop this hair loss I think my life will be complete.
Its been discussed that hair falling out might not be a bad thing. I went through periods of hair falling out and I still have a thick head of hair.

Last edited:

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I can't remember where (no science to back this atm) but I read that hair falling can mean the body finally has enough energy to reestablish a normal hair cycle that was interrupted due to poor metabolism. There is sometimes a backlog of old hair to be shed right before the new growth starts.

Sea

mayweatherking said:
post 106167
supercoolguy said:
post 106073 Holy sh*t....this is the biggeset play-by-play ive ever seen. How do you keep track!

Yogurt seems to give me bad scalp itch. I csnbtry with baking soda but it is usually not good with dairy of any kind. Even now.. my temp is 98.8.. yet my head feels inflamed. I can literqlly feel my scalp and how itchy it is and dying. Im gonna go eat some yogurt and honey and take two asprin and see what happens... sigh. At least my emotions seem to be stabilizing.

Yes hunger is good.m thanks chsrlie and tara.. too bad it is accompanied by scalp itch. If I can stop this hair loss I think my life will be complete.

You've got to think, perceive, and then act. If yogurt causes your scalp to itch then choose an easier digested protien source like lean fish or chicken or something else that is super lean. Also, make sure that there weren't any gums or additives in the yogurt. Once you stop eating foods/supplements that give you side effects it won't take long for your body to heal and allow you to digest more foods.

OP
mayweatherking
Charlie said:
post 106169
mayweatherking said:
post 106167 Yes hunger is good.m thanks chsrlie and tara.. too bad it is accompanied by scalp itch. If I can stop this hair loss I think my life will be complete.
Its been discussed that hair falling out might not be a bad thing. I went through periods of hair falling out and I still have a thick head of hair.

Not this. Literally feel inflammation in my head. It feels like heat on top of my head and pins amd needles sometimes poking it. It is the mpb. My skull is almost showing now too. Altho I know whsy u are saying.

OP
mayweatherking
Sea said:
post 106183
mayweatherking said:
post 106167
supercoolguy said:

You've got to think, perceive, and then act. If yogurt causes your scalp to itch then choose an easier digested protien source like lean fish or chicken or something else that is super lean. Also, make sure that there weren't any gums or additives in the yogurt. Once you stop eating foods/supplements that give you side effects it won't take long for your body to heal and allow you to digest more foods.

I used fuge yesterday. There is definetely some additives in that walmart yogurt.

What kind of fish do you recommend? I will jump on fish and chicken.

OP
mayweatherking
Blossom said:
post 106181 I can't remember where (no science to back this atm) but I read that hair falling can mean the body finally has enough energy to reestablish a normal hair cycle that was interrupted due to poor metabolism. There is sometimes a backlog of old hair to be shed right before the new growth starts.

Hopefully. . But this is head inflammation right now. Ig I didnt have scalp inflammation id say yes.. skull nearly showing. .. been shedding like crazy on this diet.. esp with the head expansion stuff in tge first two months didnt help.. smh

tara

My guess is your hair is not shedding because of what you do today, but from the momentum of what you have done over the previous months or years. You may not see the evidence on your head that you've turned it around till after you've been doing the right thing for a few months. Following on from Charlie and Blossom's comments about regrowth, you may not know whether you have regrowth until 2-3 months later. Maybe that will be itchy too.

It's like climate change - even if humans halved our GHG emissions tomorrow, Earth will still go through the climate change effects that have been set in motion over the last few decades. What we do now will affect what happens over future decades. The change is not instant. And similarly, there is uncertainty - despite all the valuable science that has been done, until we do it, we don't know quite how much it will take to turn it around, and whether it will be possible.

To me, the stand out stressors you've been applying are that you have been starving, and then you added in some extreme supplementation with calcium and baking soda. There may be others, but these both look pretty extreme. So the first thing to address is to stop doing these things. I think you've cut your calcium and baking soda (there may be a time in the future when you benefit from a bit of these again, but less extreme, and hopefully monitoring to avoid trouble). And now you are working on getting your calories up. There may be other things to change.

How long it takes to recovery from severe undereating once someone is reliably eating enough varies from person to person, but I gather it is commonly measured in several months to couple of years (unless they stop eating enough, in which case it is back to doing more damage again). I suggest reading about the Phases of Recovery on youreatopia, so you are forewarned and less likely to freak out at what happens on the way. I don't know what will happen to your hair through that process. I suspect that if you recover your energy balance, and deal with whatever psychological issues may come up on the way, that you will be more able to cope with whatever happens to your hair. You can live without hair. You cannot live without food. If you are lucky, your hair will come through too.

(BTW, last time I was out dancing, I noticed several bald headed men, all smartly turned out and having no trouble being constantly up on the floor dancing with one woman or another. I wouldn't normally have noticed or thought about tit, but this discussion with you drew my attention to it. I also notice that there are often women and men rounder than me who look good and always have someone to dance with. )

You will probably get more information to guide you by monitoring other indicators, eg temps and pulse, how warm your feet and hands are, how well you sleep, how you feel, etc, and maybe UpH, particularly since there may have been some over-alkalinisation from those supplements.

If you can eat enough food by going for lean protein etc, then well and good. If you can't, then I'd say allow your self a bit more scope to eat lamb, beef, whole milk etc (still keeping PUFA low, whatever Gwyneth says).
I think Peat suggests mostly eating fish that is not too far up the food chain - at the top of they chain they can accumulate more toxic metals, eg mercury. I don't know what options you have where you, but I like cod.

OP
mayweatherking
tara said:
post 106211 My guess is your hair is not shedding because of what you do today, but from the momentum of what you have done over the previous months or years. You may not see the evidence on your head that you've turned it around till after you've been doing the right thing for a few months. Following on from Charlie and Blossom's comments about regrowth, you may not know whether you have regrowth until 2-3 months later. Maybe that will be itchy too.

It's like climate change - even if humans halved our GHG emissions tomorrow, Earth will still go through the climate change effects that have been set in motion over the last few decades. What we do now will affect what happens over future decades. The change is not instant. And similarly, there is uncertainty - despite all the valuable science that has been done, until we do it, we don't know quite how much it will take to turn it around, and whether it will be possible.

To me, the stand out stressors you've been applying are that you have been starving, and then you added in some extreme supplementation with calcium and baking soda. There may be others, but these both look pretty extreme. So the first thing to address is to stop doing these things. I think you've cut your calcium and baking soda (there may be a time in the future when you benefit from a bit of these again, but less extreme, and hopefully monitoring to avoid trouble). And now you are working on getting your calories up. There may be other things to change.

How long it takes to recovery from severe undereating once someone is reliably eating enough varies from person to person, but I gather it is commonly measured in several months to couple of years (unless they stop eating enough, in which case it is back to doing more damage again). I suggest reading about the Phases of Recovery on youreatopia, so you are forewarned and less likely to freak out at what happens on the way. I don't know what will happen to your hair through that process. I suspect that if you recover your energy balance, and deal with whatever psychological issues may come up on the way, that you will be more able to cope with whatever happens to your hair. You can live without hair. You cannot live without food. If you are lucky, your hair will come through too.

(BTW, last time I was out dancing, I noticed several bald headed men, all smartly turned out and having no trouble being constantly up on the floor dancing with one woman or another. I wouldn't normally have noticed or thought about tit, but this discussion with you drew my attention to it. I also notice that there are often women and men rounder than me who look good and always have someone to dance with. )

You will probably get more information to guide you by monitoring other indicators, eg temps and pulse, how warm your feet and hands are, how well you sleep, how you feel, etc, and maybe UpH, particularly since there may have been some over-alkalinisation from those supplements.

If you can eat enough food by going for lean protein etc, then well and good. If you can't, then I'd say allow your self a bit more scope to eat lamb, beef, whole milk etc (still keeping PUFA low, whatever Gwyneth says).
I think Peat suggests mostly eating fish that is not too far up the food chain - at the top of they chain they can accumulate more toxic metals, eg mercury. I don't know what options you have where you, but I like cod.

all right cool thanks Tara. I picked up some cod and cooked it so I will add it to my regimen tomorrow. I think you are right about previous time causing now.. you are definetely right. i've been losing hair like this for a while. i think it increased after i took cannabis oil. i didn't mention that yet.. but i took cannabis oil because someone said it healed their accutane permanent effects.. well it didn't do that for me in healing me. i'm not sure if that plays a part as well.

i hear you on the bald men thing. but damn... i've shaved my head before and people talk to me like i'm stupid or an idiot. it's like they judge me. i know it sounds ridiculous and confidence and jason statum and the rock and all that, but i don't know.. i'm just doing everything i can to avoid it right now.

in other news.. my libido did turn on today. i added some salt to my OJ (i have been slacking on the salt, i'm such an idiot!!!!!!!) and it came on like boom again. of course i was using red light also so that played a part obviously. and everytime i eat honey, my stomach growls in hunger badly. my libido seems to be getting better and honestly guys, i have been feeling more "normal" lately, like happier even though i'm freaking out here, i seem to be happier. i was watching danny roddy video of ling and he was saying how a happy baby is a healthy baby.. i think that is a good sign. but still not there yet. but the honey still causes itching.

i wonder if it's possible my blood sugar is jumping too high intially, then it goes down and stops the itching. since dairy you digest really fast, chicken and fish i read it can take like 4 hrs to digest. since i am eating protein, like chicken and cheese, i wonder if i should try to eat the protein, wait 15 or 20 minutes for it to digest somewhat, and then eat the sugar so it is more balanced. i think i was almost getting diabetes. i got some blood glucose thing a couple years ago and people are like yeah u are pre diabetes or something. i dont remmeber what it was im sorry i cant check, but i can get blood work for it i you know of something worth testing. i bought a blood glucose monitor, but im not really using t.

i'm going to avoid all dairy protein now.. i'm getting better and noticing if i'm up in temp or below. i can usually tell myself. i also notice my hair seems to be feel good when im at exactly 98.6, but many times i notice i will go over and hit 99.3 and it will feel itchy, i think it's me going hyper or something, i don't know. but hten it settles down at 98.6 and feels better, then sometimes it will go lower and i will eat and it will boost up again.

i'm going to try doing chicken, fish, along with the honey now tomorrow and see how i do. i think it should be better. and with the salt. gah the salt.. how could i be missing that.. it's soo important.

OP
mayweatherking
it is actually kind of amazing my libido is kinda on a little bit.. something is going right here.................. wow....... its been a long 12 pages.... i love my food scale i bought, i can measure exact carbs and proteins on there, i think it made a big difference along with the honey... if i can get the honey to stop causing scalp itch..... winning.... almost all the pieces...... sooo close. if anyone knows of a test for diabetes or slow digesting proteins like chicken or fish, let me know.

although i did have oysters above as well.. i know that played a big part too... the zinc helps a lot...

Giraffe

mayweatherking said:
post 106045 Is ther eanything you can think of that is as good as honey that is not honey?
I sometimes use concentrated apple juice. This is around 80 g sugar in 100 ml. I was looking for a source of fructose that does not imply huge amounts of liquids. I add the juice concentrate to mag bicarb water or rice pudding.

Glad you are so optimistic now. I had this phase of extreme hunger, too. It's a good sign. :D

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals