Does This Look Like An OK Light Setup?

bogbody

I'm just getting started with light therapy and was wondering if anyone could take a look and see if this looks like a decent basic starter setup. Just looking for a basic red light for nighttime and then a bright light for daytime without spending a ton of money. No specific health concerns other than general wellness and skin health.

For bright light I found these heat lamp bulbs which are 250W 130V

For red light I found this 24W handheld

And then for sockets I was just going to grab this 2 pack of hanging holders since they're rated up to 360W so hopefully are safe for the heat lamp

Thanks in advance!

tankasnowgod

And then for sockets I was just going to grab this 2 pack of hanging holders since they're rated up to 360W so hopefully are safe for the heat lamp

Those sockets don't look safe for heat lamps. I have no idea why they claim 360W, sure don't look like they are. Look at the problems the first reviewer had, and they claim they were only using a low wattage LED. If the socket is made of plastic, a heat lamp will almost certainly melt it.

I would spend the few extra bucks for a Brooder Lamp. They are absolutely designed for the high wattage bulbs. Think of the extra $10-20 as the cheapest fire insurance you'll ever buy.

Last edited:
OP
bogbody

bogbody

Those sockets don't look safe for heat lamps. I have no idea why they claim 360W, sure don't look like they are. Look at the problems the first reviewer had, and they claim they were only using a low wattage LED. If the socket is made of plastic, a heat lamp will almost certainly melt it.
The 360W thing did seem like it might be too good to be true. I'll check out a Brooder instead. Thanks!

Inaut

You can buy a 4 lamp brooder from farm stores. That’s what I’m using now :)