Does talking to someone on the phone who has covid, would that give you covid or make you more susceptible?

dlind70

Clearly the drop in metabolism post covid infection will result in a lower quality conversation. If you were to call someone who you know has covid or the flu would your, the caller's, metabolism be dropped as well or could you be vulnerable to catching the covid virus just by talking to that person.

I'm always wondering this because I hear conversations of people oh they had covid and I called them on the phone and clearly there's a drop in there metabolism clearly they're fatigued but would you pick up on that even though you are could be 1,000 miles away could you sense their fatigue their illness and could could that somehow be attracted to yourself

LUH 3417

Clearly the drop in metabolism post covid infection will result in a lower quality conversation. If you were to call someone who you know has covid or the flu would your, the caller's, metabolism be dropped as well or could you be vulnerable to catching the covid virus just by talking to that person.

I'm always wondering this because I hear conversations of people oh they had covid and I called them on the phone and clearly there's a drop in there metabolism clearly they're fatigued but would you pick up on that even though you are could be 1,000 miles away could you sense their fatigue their illness and could could that somehow be attracted to yourself
if Peat were to catch every disease of every low energy person who emails him and rings into an interview show, he would not be healthy. I personally find this way of thinking about others to be a sign of disease, mental or spiritual even.

AlaskaJono

Of course if one thinks that one is vulnerable to a 'virus' then you will begin to attract 'them' to you. That's why sheeps get tested all the time. Why not love life, your life and what you are doing, appreciate the Force (Luke), God, Great Spirit etc. Be healthy and exude health, and maybe your health and radiance can affect others.

From the internet: There is no known way to prevent Munchausen syndrome.

-Luke-

Yes, it could give you covid. That's why it's called "long covid". It can be spread over long distances through phone lines.

-Luke-

haidut

Forum Supporter

Talking often to a sick person, especially mentally ill ones with conditions on the psychopathic spectrum, can over time challenge your health as well. It's just that chronically sick people are much more difficult to deal with, and they are often very unpleasant to be around. Some of them (the ones with psychopathic tendencies) may even deliberately try to annoy/manipulate/harass/etc you. So, if you sense such "energy vampire" on the other end of the line (or in person) then walk away. However, I don't think such caution is applicable to a person with a simple viral infection.

Last edited:
OP
D

dlind70

This was a bit of satire. A lost art guys. Sorry just like to see what people thought. I was actually partly serious thinking about this at 4 am.

Lollipop2

Talking often to a sick person, especially mentally ill ones with conditions on the psychopathic spectrum, can over time challenge your health as well. It's just that chronically sick people are much more difficult to deal with, and they are often very unpleasant to be around. Some of them (the ones with psychopathic tendencies) may even deliberately try to annoy/manipulate/harass/etc you. So, if you sense such "energy vampire" on the other end of the line (or in person) then walk away. However, I don't think such caution is applicable to a person with a simple viral infection.
True.

opethfeldt

If you beleive that they're going to affect you negatively than they will. This type of thinking isn't constructive at the end of the day. We simply cannot avoid anything and everything that can be bad for us. The point is to limit these things when it makes sense. If the person you're talking to on the phone is important to you, nurturing that positive relationship will overshadow any negative effect them being sick could possibly have on you. On the other hand, if that person means nothing to you, I'd suggest getting off as soon as possible because at that point, you're enduring a bad situation with no real benefit.

I

i_nomad

This was a bit of satire. A lost art guys. Sorry just like to see what people thought. I was actually partly serious thinking about this at 4 am.

Clearly wasn’t satire. I’m really hoping you were high because I’m not sure I want to face the idea that somebody could be that lacking in understanding of how disease is spread and how phones work.

I

i_nomad

Wait… can I catch stupid through participating in internet forum posts?

Last edited by a moderator:
K

Kayaker

Wait… can I catch stupidity through participating in internet forum posts?
According to the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, yes. Which is why social media is kept under lockdown: To keep people from catching what they claim to be stupidity.

Yes, it could give you covid. That's why it's called "long covid". It can be spread over long distances through phone lines.

This.

And you better not send or receive mail from an infected person either, believe me, you don't want post COVID.

-Luke-