Does sunscreen really block vitamin D?

rayban

I can't find any studies that prove this. I found this link:

It links to a supposed study but it's deleted:

I want to get vitamin D but I don't want to get something worse than vitamin D defficiency so im trying to find a middle ground here.

Phaedrus

I can't find any studies that prove this. I found this link:

It links to a supposed study but it's deleted:

I want to get vitamin D but I don't want to get something worse than vitamin D defficiency so im trying to find a middle ground here.
This study found no strong evidence that sunscreen use blocks vitamin D, but they admitted the results might be inconclusive because they used a low SPF 16, so a higher SPF might prove different. “While the experimental studies support the theoretical risk that sunscreen use may affect vitamin D, the weight of evidence from field trials and observational studies suggests that the risk is low.”
Source: The effect of sunscreen on vitamin D: a review - PubMed

My compromise is usually to wait 10-20 minutes after sun exposure to apply sunscreen so I can ensure I get vitamin D but then avoid getting burned.

OP
R

rayban

This study found no strong evidence that sunscreen use blocks vitamin D, but they admitted the results might be inconclusive because they used a low SPF 16, so a higher SPF might prove different. “While the experimental studies support the theoretical risk that sunscreen use may affect vitamin D, the weight of evidence from field trials and observational studies suggests that the risk is low.”
Source: The effect of sunscreen on vitamin D: a review - PubMed

My compromise is usually to wait 10-20 minutes after sun exposure to apply sunscreen so I can ensure I get vitamin D but then avoid getting burned.
At what hour do you get the sun?
I want vit D but I really want to avoid melanomas or anything nasty. More than 10 minutes and my skin itches after (im talking about 13:30 ish exposure)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals