Does sun actually gives you facial wrinkles?

LadyRae

Well honestly I don't really think it does. You can look at my thumbnail and zoom in and see that..... I'm almost 45 and I am in the Sun a LOT, I never wear sunscreen. I have sunbathed with coconut oil since I was in the 5th grade.

In fact I think that the sun has made my skin smoother and more young looking. It's important to point out that I've never been a smoker, and I don't drink alcohol.

Well honestly I don't really think it does. You can look at my thumbnail and zoom in and see that..... I'm almost 45 and I am in the Sun a LOT, I never wear sunscreen. I have sunbathed with coconut oil since I was in the 5th grade.

In fact I think that the sun has made my skin smoother and more young looking. It's important to point out that I've never been a smoker, and I don't drink alcohol.
Your skin looks beautiful :)

Ingredients List... For body cream.... 150ml for $59

Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride*, Water, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate*, Cholesterol, Glyceryl Behenate*, Lanolin, Glycerin, Niacinamide, Urea, Eugenol, Citrus x Aurantium (Bitter Orange) Fruit Extract (Naringenin et al.), Glyceryl Caprylate*, Tocopherols (Vitamin E), Caprylhydroxamic Acid*

*Coconut derived ingredients.

Ingredients List. For face cream.... $109 for 30ml

Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride*, Water, Cholesterol, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate*, Glyceryl Behenate*, Urea, Niacinamide, Glycerin, Glyceryl Caprylate*, Tocopherols (Vitamin E), Caprylhydroxamic Acid*, Camphor, Citrus x Aurantium (Bitter Orange) Fruit Extract (Naringenin et al.), Caffeine, Salicylic Acid, Eugenol, Ubiquinone (CoQ10), Copper Tripeptide-1

Big price difference,
Caffene, Salicylic Acid (aspirin), Ubiquinone, Copper, missing in the bodycream
Could possibly be added in hand with each pump.
Just saying ?

OliviaD

I wash my hair once a week with a 1 ingredient coconut soap

Amazon product ASIN B01LFANKNMView: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01LFANKNM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I wish I could be one of those people who just wash their hair with plain water but hormonally I'm not there (yet)

I boar brush everyday and occasional do an apple cider rinse too. The most noticeable improvement is lack of split ends. Hope this helpful.
Would you mind sharing the brand/name of the soap, and/or where you get it? Thank you.

frannybananny

Hey thanks for that.... I just ran across this thread and was interested to see that you also mentioned Fernblock and its properties. I, too, am a big believer in Fernblock taken orally and there is a supplement that I take called Heliocare which also has Nicotinamide in it (500mg). It was recommended by my dermatologist and I honestly have to say that after 2 weeks of just one capsule daily I have seen a very notable difference in my skin! I am thrilled with the disappearance of wrinkles and especially hyper pigmentation! I am very freckled and had started getting dark spots on forearms and legs from my years of being a "beach bunny" lol. These dark spots are starting to fade as well as the photo keratosis (scaly spots) are just flaking off and disappearing. No more new BCCs and old ones are disappearing as well. Now it could also be the Nicotinamide in the supplement that is helping this healing since we know that niacinamide is helpful for so many things. Thanks for mentioning Fernblock @David PS .... maybe it will help some folks here.

David PS

Hey thanks for that.... I just ran across this thread and was interested to see that you also mentioned Fernblock and its properties. I, too, am a big believer in Fernblock taken orally and there is a supplement that I take called Heliocare which also has Nicotinamide in it (500mg). It was recommended by my dermatologist and I honestly have to say that after 2 weeks of just one capsule daily I have seen a very notable difference in my skin! I am thrilled with the disappearance of wrinkles and especially hyper pigmentation! I am very freckled and had started getting dark spots on forearms and legs from my years of being a "beach bunny" lol. These dark spots are starting to fade as well as the photo keratosis (scaly spots) are just flaking off and disappearing. No more new BCCs and old ones are disappearing as well. Now it could also be the Nicotinamide in the supplement that is helping this healing since we know that niacinamide is helpful for so many things. Thanks for mentioning Fernblock @David PS .... maybe it will help some folks here.
I am delighted to learn that you also found fernblock to be helpful. Surprisingly, oral dosing of niacin may further improve skin texture. See this short thread which was started earlier this month.

LadyRae

Well, I have to say, after 3 bottles of Heliocare, I noticed nothing. This was last year....

A

Adf

The sun can give you wrinkles via various pathways. Diet is one key as others have mentioned but there are some other things to think about.

Squinting will give you wrinkles, if you squint your eyes too much because it is too bright, you will get crows feet at an earlier age. Wearing sunglasses will stop you from squinting, but it also blocks your eyes from absorbing the full light spectrum of the sun. Just be conscious of when you're squinting and try not to.

One other issue people don't realize could possibly cause skin damage via the sun is heavy metals. I have seen a person who was completely sun intolerant. Skin instantly getting rashes within 60 seconds of sunlight. They lived with this for their whole life, into their 20's, no doctors could find an answer as to why. Until they had mercury fillings removed and did a heavy metal detox and a surprising outcome was no more sun allergy.

Even if we don't get direct rashes or allergy reactions, it is possible slight inflammation could occur from metal toxicity that will age the skin faster.

David PS

Well, I have to say, after 3 bottles of Heliocare, I noticed nothing. This was last year....
Amazon sells 2 different capsule Heliocare products (see Amazon search). The 'Heliocare Advanced' contains 500 mg Niacinamide which is 2,500% of the RDA. As a stand-alone, niacinamide has many positive skin benefits and it is inexpensive.

Use of nicotinamide in dermatology

Nicotinamide (niacinamide) is the water-soluble, amide form of vitamin B3. We review the evidence underlying the use of nicotinamide for various dermatological indications, including nonmelanoma cancer prophylaxis, blistering disorders, acne vulgaris and cosmetic indications, and speculate upon its future role in dermatological practice.
Did you use the niacinamide containing product?

Edit:

Nicotinamide and the skin

Nicotinamide, an amide form of vitamin B3, boosts cellular energy and regulates poly-ADP-ribose-polymerase 1, an enzyme with important roles in DNA repair and the expression of inflammatory cytokines. Nicotinamide shows promise for the treatment of a wide range of dermatological conditions, including autoimmune blistering disorders, acne, rosacea, ageing skin and atopic dermatitis. In particular, recent studies have also shown it to be a potential agent for reducing actinic keratoses and preventing skin cancers.

Last edited:

LadyRae

Amazon sells 2 different capsule Heliocare products (see Amazon search). The 'Heliocare Advanced' contains 500 mg Niacinamide which is 2,500% of the RDA. As a stand-alone, niacinamide has many positive skin benefits and it is inexpensive.

Edit:

The one I used does not have niacinamide.

Heliocare Skin Care Dietary Supplement: 240mg Polypodium Leucotomos Extract Pills - Antioxidant Rich Formula with Fernblock and PLE Technology - 60 Veggie Capsules https://a.co/d/agEwtka

I do, however, use a skin cream that I get at a compounding pharmacy at my dermatologist's office, it has tretinoin in it, and niacinamide, clindamycin, and a little bit of benzoyl peroxide. Now this stuff works!

Coupled with a little bit of topical Ivermectin and my skin looks like it did in my early twenties... maybe even better. And I'm in the sun every chance I get..

Honestly I believe that skin health is partly genetic and the rest is mostly diet. I eat a lot of organ meats and fruit and I do not drink alcohol or consume gluten or most grains. This probably plays the largest role in my skin health, not some random supplement or cream....

David PS

Heliocare Skin Care Dietary Supplement: 240mg Polypodium Leucotomos Extract Pills - Antioxidant Rich Formula with Fernblock and PLE Technology - 60 Veggie Capsules https://a.co/d/agEwtka

I do, however, use a skin cream that I get at a compounding pharmacy at my dermatologist's office, it has tretinoin in it, and niacinamide, clindamycin, and a little bit of benzoyl peroxide. Now this stuff works!

Coupled with a little bit of topical Ivermectin and my skin looks like it did in my early twenties... maybe even better. And I'm in the sun every chance I get..

Honestly I believe that skin health is partly genetic and the rest is mostly diet. I eat a lot of organ meats and fruit and I do not drink alcohol or consume gluten or most grains. This probably plays the largest role in my skin health, not some random supplement or cream....
It is great that you have a working plan.

L_C

How do you use topical ivermectin on your skin?...and why? Thank you.

ironfist

Yeah, it does.

People say it doesn't, and if you spend time in the sun you look alright... Sun always makes my skin observe better. BUT, when the tan goes away it looks worse.

Last edited:

LadyRae

How do you use topical ivermectin on your skin?...and why? Thank you.
I use Ivermectin horse paste (1.87%) on my face nightly. It rubs in like any cream. It has cleared my rosacea papules, shrunken my pores, and my broken capillaries are almost gone. These are all symptoms of Demodex mite proliferation. Soolantra Rx cream for humans, also an Ivermectin cream, is $300, while the horse paste is $5.99😌

It can take a month or two for your skin to clear up...

frannybananny

Edit:

I did use the one with the Nicotinamide and attribute that to the great result I am getting. It is not just some random supplement that I found...it was prescribed by my derm after many checkups and visits to remove BCCs and actinic keratosis. For a doctor to recommend a vitamin supplement it is probably pretty profound.

facesavant

Heliocare Skin Care Dietary Supplement: 240mg Polypodium Leucotomos Extract Pills - Antioxidant Rich Formula with Fernblock and PLE Technology - 60 Veggie Capsules https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IQAARQC/?tag=rapef020-20

Did you have any side effects from topical ivermectin? Have you stopped using it? If so, did any of your skin issues come back? I appreciate the information.

Yeah, it does.

People say it doesn't, and if you spend time in the sun you look alright... Sun always makes my skin observe better. BUT, when the tan goes away it looks worse.
My skin looks wonderful in the summer and sun. I haven’t worn sunscreen for about 15 years now, and I am a natural blonde with hazel eyes. Getting the PUFA’s out of my diet 6+ years ago is when I quit burning. I was out sometimes for eight hours in the sun last to summer planting myself a garden, without sunscreen, and I never burned. I got a little too tanned at one one point though so I decided to limit my exposure, for fear of damaging my skin. I do agree with @Adf that squinting is a killer and I did a lot of that last year and developed lines between my brows. To remedy that I decided to try face taping for those lines and thankfully they have almost disappeared, in just the 6 weeks that I have been doing that, just while I sleep. I also have found that washing my face at night with raw honey has been beneficial, by not stripping my natural oils away, while is adds so many beneficial nutrients in it’s wake. I like to use raw honey that has crystallized a lot as it doubles as a light scrub, slothing away the dead layers of skin. For my legs, which get exposed almost daily from wearing shorts, I dry brush them once or twice a week with the coarse side of a kitchen sponge and moisturize them with my own combo of melted shea and cacao butter. This combo I have chosen absorbs better than the plain coconut oil I was using. I use my combo on my lips too. I think the sun is good for skin. It kills bacteria, draws out oils and the vitamin D it lends rounds off it’s treatment nicely, and I glow afterwards like a spa treatment. With that being said, I am fairly strict “Peater”, but if one wasn’t, then I would really limit sun exposure. As the rabbit study showed, the burn is what damages skin. Here is my tan this summer and I am sixty.

1705417226068.jpeg

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals