Does sun actually gives you facial wrinkles?

Lollipop2

This looks good but pricey

Ingredients List

Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride*, Water, Cholesterol, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate*, Glyceryl Behenate*, Urea, Niacinamide, Glycerin, Glyceryl Caprylate*, Tocopherols (Vitamin E), Caprylhydroxamic Acid*, Camphor, Citrus x Aurantium (Bitter Orange) Fruit Extract (Naringenin et al.), Caffeine, Salicylic Acid, Eugenol, Ubiquinone (CoQ10), Copper Tripeptide-1

Apparently they formulated it with the help of Georgi
Hey thanks for posting this! Looks amazing. On my list for a future purchase.

BlahtyBlah

The sun accounts for the majority of skin aging. UVA rays penetrate deeply into the tissues, affecting and breaking down collegian proteins as we age, etc. When I started Peating in 2012, I did not take sun care seriously because I thought having a pro-Peat low PUFA diet was the key to reducing that, but it wasn't and I still damaged my skin. Thankfully, I was able to jump on it and start using proper sunscreen, but I wasted so much time damaging my skin with too much exposure to the sun. I see people in the natural healing and diet community make the same mistake and end up looking like raisins by ae 35. And even then, most people are not aware of just how much the sun can age our skin. Many people think just not spending much time outside in the sun will be all that is needed, but it isn't because most home glass windows do not shield out UVA rays which cause wrinkles and penetrate the skin deeply. So even if one avoids direct sun exposure, if they sit in front of a window for hours per day or is near one, they are still exposed to pretty significant doses of UVA rays. So aside from a very healthy diet, what I do to prevent premature skin aging in order of importance: I try to use a sunscreen that has SPF of 50 or higher.

1) I use only high quality tested sunscreens. Mineral ones are okay and do not absrob deep into the bloodstream. Some chemical ones do, but some of the newer generation of UV filters in sunscreens don't, such as Trisorb. Sadly, in US it is hard to find those newer generation of UV filters in sunscreens but not in Europe or Asia. But what I do is I order imported sunsreens that use these newer generations of UV filters such as trisorb m and S which block the UVA rays. Most American sunscreens are heavily biased towards focusing on UVB over UVA rays, sadly. But some brands focus on both. I used to sue mineral sunscreens but now only use the newer generation of sunscreens because they are far more effective at blocking UVA than mineral sunscreens are, for the most part. They are easier to wear as well. Riemann P20 is one of the brands I use. I do not have to reapply it every two hours like mineral sunscreens, when i am out. It can last 10 hour, though I usually reapply it if I am in the sun that long, which I rarely am. I also wear sunscreen indoors if I am near windows for most of the day. I use UV blocking shades and LED lights in my house so usually I do not have to wear sunblock indoors. I wear sunscreen any time I go out, even if its to go shopping or out to eat. I also wear sunglasses as much as I can when I go out to prevent eye wrinkles. I also put sunscreen on my hands to prevent old mans hands.

2) I use a good cleanser and then a moisturizer every night before bed followed with retin-a. Face and whole neck I target. This helps repair damage from UV rays, etc.

3) I wear UVA protective clothing when I go out, etc.

4) Keep a low stress lifestyle as much as possible

5) And diet of course. My diet is a bit different than most here, however. Over the years I evolved from a strict Peatarian diet to a mainly low PUFA plant based diet, with my animal proteins mainly coming from gelatin, wild caught fish, oysters/shellfish/crabs/lobster, and greek yogurt, and sometimes free range egg yolks. I eat a lot of sweet potatoes, fruit, oats, artesian sprouted grain bread, and lentils as my main carb sources, and greens like spinach, and plenty of teas and coffee and chocolate. I eat low saturated fat, low PUFA, and eat more monounsaturated fats. Only saturated fat I eat a lot of is from dark chocolate. Only nuts I may have are macadamia nuts, which are low PUFA, but I do not eat a ton. I feel best on this diet and enjoy it quite a bit. I focus on good antioxidant support for healthy skin.

6) I use topical niacinamide and a few other things on my skin as well.

7) I use some red light on my skin for 10-15 minutes per day.

Hans

Forum Supporter
UV can cause oxidative stress and can damage the fat-soluble vitamins, such as K2, E and A. So your requirements for fat-soluble vitamins are likely higher the more sunlight you get. Topical use of those vitamins can also help. Not the E perhaps, since it's very sticky.

David PS

Last edited:

L_C

The sun accounts for the majority of skin aging. UVA rays penetrate deeply into the tissues, affecting and breaking down collegian proteins as we age, etc. When I started Peating in 2012, I did not take sun care seriously because I thought having a pro-Peat low PUFA diet was the key to reducing that, but it wasn't and I still damaged my skin. Thankfully, I was able to jump on it and start using proper sunscreen, but I wasted so much time damaging my skin with too much exposure to the sun. I see people in the natural healing and diet community make the same mistake and end up looking like raisins by ae 35. And even then, most people are not aware of just how much the sun can age our skin. Many people think just not spending much time outside in the sun will be all that is needed, but it isn't because most home glass windows do not shield out UVA rays which cause wrinkles and penetrate the skin deeply. So even if one avoids direct sun exposure, if they sit in front of a window for hours per day or is near one, they are still exposed to pretty significant doses of UVA rays. So aside from a very healthy diet, what I do to prevent premature skin aging in order of importance: I try to use a sunscreen that has SPF of 50 or higher.

1) I use only high quality tested sunscreens. Mineral ones are okay and do not absrob deep into the bloodstream. Some chemical ones do, but some of the newer generation of UV filters in sunscreens don't, such as Trisorb. Sadly, in US it is hard to find those newer generation of UV filters in sunscreens but not in Europe or Asia. But what I do is I order imported sunsreens that use these newer generations of UV filters such as trisorb m and S which block the UVA rays. Most American sunscreens are heavily biased towards focusing on UVB over UVA rays, sadly. But some brands focus on both. I used to sue mineral sunscreens but now only use the newer generation of sunscreens because they are far more effective at blocking UVA than mineral sunscreens are, for the most part. They are easier to wear as well. Riemann P20 is one of the brands I use. I do not have to reapply it every two hours like mineral sunscreens, when i am out. It can last 10 hour, though I usually reapply it if I am in the sun that long, which I rarely am. I also wear sunscreen indoors if I am near windows for most of the day. I use UV blocking shades and LED lights in my house so usually I do not have to wear sunblock indoors. I wear sunscreen any time I go out, even if its to go shopping or out to eat. I also wear sunglasses as much as I can when I go out to prevent eye wrinkles. I also put sunscreen on my hands to prevent old mans hands.

2) I use a good cleanser and then a moisturizer every night before bed followed with retin-a. Face and whole neck I target. This helps repair damage from UV rays, etc.

3) I wear UVA protective clothing when I go out, etc.

4) Keep a low stress lifestyle as much as possible

5) And diet of course. My diet is a bit different than most here, however. Over the years I evolved from a strict Peatarian diet to a mainly low PUFA plant based diet, with my animal proteins mainly coming from gelatin, wild caught fish, oysters/shellfish/crabs/lobster, and greek yogurt, and sometimes free range egg yolks. I eat a lot of sweet potatoes, fruit, oats, artesian sprouted grain bread, and lentils as my main carb sources, and greens like spinach, and plenty of teas and coffee and chocolate. I eat low saturated fat, low PUFA, and eat more monounsaturated fats. Only saturated fat I eat a lot of is from dark chocolate. Only nuts I may have are macadamia nuts, which are low PUFA, but I do not eat a ton. I feel best on this diet and enjoy it quite a bit. I focus on good antioxidant support for healthy skin.

6) I use topical niacinamide and a few other things on my skin as well.

7) I use some red light on my skin for 10-15 minutes per day.

What brand/type of red light do you use?

David PS

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

David PS

OliviaD

Wow - for $109 I expect it to give me a facelift!
I just can't justify spending that much for a tiny bottle of lotion....

Tash

I got all my face wrinkles from stress at a time when I wouldn't leave the house without sunglasses, avoided the sun like a vampire and applied spf50 on exposed skin even winter. Did that since early adult till mid thirties, couldn't understand why my facial wrinkles looked so horrendous.

Once I called bull**** on the whole thing, stopped spf/cut out all skin products, shampoos entirely, went 'peatarian', cut out pufa, doused my skin with Solban, coconut oil, tocovit / progest-e /mitolipin, and absolutely embraced the sun, my skin has never looked better. Pretty chuffed with my u-turn!

Lizb

I got all my face wrinkles from stress at a time when I wouldn't leave the house without sunglasses, avoided the sun like a vampire and applied spf50 on exposed skin even winter. Did that since early adult till mid thirties, couldn't understand why my facial wrinkles looked so horrendous.

Once I called bull**** on the whole thing, stopped spf/cut out all skin products, shampoos entirely, went 'peatarian', cut out pufa, doused my skin with Solban, coconut oil, tocovit / progest-e /mitolipin, and absolutely embraced the sun, my skin has never looked better. Pretty chuffed with my u-turn!
Can you tell me about keeping your hair clean please?

My skin over the last year is awful. I am embarrassed.

It nice to hear that this has worked for you.

OliviaD

Wow, that's fascinating. (response to @Tash
It's so confusing.. even on this thread; I hear complete opposite ends of the spectrum (pun intended) - with one person slathering herself in SPF even indoors, and covering herself up to avoid the sun, to your perspective.

Can I ask how old you are now (at least the range). I don't think anyone has wrinkles in their 30s!!

So, you put all those products on your skin.. at once? At night? I've tried to use coconut oil but it is so greasy and shiny I look like I need to wash my face! And yes, what do you use to wash your hair?

Last edited:

Tash

Can you tell me about keeping your hair clean please?

My skin over the last year is awful. I am embarrassed.

It nice to hear that this has worked for you.

I wash my hair once a week with a 1 ingredient coconut soap

Amazon product ASIN B01LFANKNMView: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01LFANKNM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I wish I could be one of those people who just wash their hair with plain water but hormonally I'm not there (yet)

I boar brush everyday and occasional do an apple cider rinse too. The most noticeable improvement is lack of split ends. Hope this helpful.

Tash

Wow, that's fascinating. (response to @Tash
It's so confusing.. even on this thread; I hear complete opposite ends of the spectrum (pun intended) - with one person slathering herself in SPF even indoors, and covering herself up to avoid the sun, to your perspective.

Can I ask how old you are now (at least the range). I don't think anyone has wrinkles in their 30s!!

So, you put all those products on your skin.. at once? At night? I've tried to use coconut oil but it is so greasy and shiny I look like I need to wash my face! And yes, what do you use to wash your hair?
I'm 41. I got my eye/forehead wrinkles in my twenties though. Poor digestion, poor stress management and shedloads of trauma I don't want go into. The more I protected from the sun, the thinner and frailer my skin felt. I thought having geisha 'pale and interesting' worked for me.

I don't buy the genetics argument, it may have some part to play but certainly not all of it.

Kitty Blomfield's podcast episode about skin health is really interesting, love @haidut and Emma Sgourakis

View: https://open.spotify.com/episode/4oWPQqUxklBVLGo9KxgkiQ?si=b8dedd4bf42249ae

Hope this helps

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals