Does sun actually gives you facial wrinkles?

Engineer: "So a tanning bed would be just pure ultraviolet with no beneficial [sic], and therefore harmful? Correct me."

Ray Peat: "Well, yeah, basically you're getting your vitamin D, but without the protective red and orange light, you're gonad have a slight immune suppressive effect, because as your red blood cells run through your skin, they are subject to a slight sunburn themselves. so, until you get so tan that your white [sic] blood cells aren't exposed to ultraviolet, it's better to get your suntan in the real sunlight."

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

My skin looks wonderful in the summer and sun. I havenā€™t worn sunscreen for about 15 years now, and I am a natural blonde with hazel eyes. Getting the PUFAā€™s out of my diet 6+ years ago is when I quit burning. I was out sometimes for eight hours in the sun last to summer planting myself a garden, without sunscreen, and I never burned. I got a little too tanned at one one point though so I decided to limit my exposure, for fear of damaging my skin. I do agree with @Adf that squinting is a killer and I did a lot of that last year and developed lines between my brows. To remedy that I decided to try face taping for those lines and thankfully they have almost disappeared, in just the 6 weeks that I have been doing that, just while I sleep. I also have found that washing my face at night with raw honey has been beneficial, by not stripping my natural oils away, while is adds so many beneficial nutrients in itā€™s wake. I like to use raw honey that has crystallized a lot as it doubles as a light scrub, slothing away the dead layers of skin. For my legs, which get exposed almost daily from wearing shorts, I dry brush them once or twice a week with the coarse side of a kitchen sponge and moisturize them with my own combo of melted shea and cacao butter. This combo I have chosen absorbs better than the plain coconut oil I was using. I use my combo on my lips too. I think the sun is good for skin. It kills bacteria, draws out oils and the vitamin D it lends rounds off itā€™s treatment nicely, and I glow afterwards like a spa treatment. With that being said, I am fairly strict ā€œPeaterā€, but if one wasnā€™t, then I would really limit sun exposure. As the rabbit study showed, the burn is what damages skin. Here is my tan this summer and I am sixty.

View attachment 60444
Lets gooooooooooooo

facesavant

My skin looks wonderful in the summer and sun. I havenā€™t worn sunscreen for about 15 years now, and I am a natural blonde with hazel eyes. Getting the PUFAā€™s out of my diet 6+ years ago is when I quit burning. I was out sometimes for eight hours in the sun last to summer planting myself a garden, without sunscreen, and I never burned. I got a little too tanned at one one point though so I decided to limit my exposure, for fear of damaging my skin. I do agree with @Adf that squinting is a killer and I did a lot of that last year and developed lines between my brows. To remedy that I decided to try face taping for those lines and thankfully they have almost disappeared, in just the 6 weeks that I have been doing that, just while I sleep. I also have found that washing my face at night with raw honey has been beneficial, by not stripping my natural oils away, while is adds so many beneficial nutrients in itā€™s wake. I like to use raw honey that has crystallized a lot as it doubles as a light scrub, slothing away the dead layers of skin. For my legs, which get exposed almost daily from wearing shorts, I dry brush them once or twice a week with the coarse side of a kitchen sponge and moisturize them with my own combo of melted shea and cacao butter. This combo I have chosen absorbs better than the plain coconut oil I was using. I use my combo on my lips too. I think the sun is good for skin. It kills bacteria, draws out oils and the vitamin D it lends rounds off itā€™s treatment nicely, and I glow afterwards like a spa treatment. With that being said, I am fairly strict ā€œPeaterā€, but if one wasnā€™t, then I would really limit sun exposure. As the rabbit study showed, the burn is what damages skin. Here is my tan this summer and I am sixty.

View attachment 60444
You look amazing!!!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals