Does sun actually gives you facial wrinkles?

FitnessMike

golder

is there anything we can do at the superficial level to lessen the severity of wrinkles from previous damage?

Fred

Sun plus PUFA = wrinkles. See "shaved rabbits", probably on this forum.
I get tons of sun and I'm not wrinkly.

copycat

An individual's natural skin tone and the UV strength from sunlight play a big part in all of this.

It's common knowledge that you should be staying out of the sun at peak hours during the summer: 11/12AM to 4/5PM.

A good personal guideline I've found is: if I have to frown and squint when I'm out and about because the sun is shining too brightly then It's probably not too healthy for my skin either. Honestly it sucks, I wish I could be in the sun all day but my whole forehead starts to ache from all the eyebrow furrowing I have to do lmao.

Slowly building up one's tolerance to harsh sunlight is also a good idea.

Last edited:
as we age, the cholesterol normally in skin is depleted and sun prolonged can cause wrinkles. I would think using some lanolin every few days on the skin could prevent this but that's just speculation.

Jkbp

Forum Supporter
is there anything we can do at the superficial level to lessen the severity of wrinkles from previous damage?
Moisturize 2ce a day with as thick of a moisturizer as your skin can tolerate. Also, drink a lot of water. Water hydrates from the inside out, reducing the appearance of wrinkles.

frannybananny

Sun plus PUFA = wrinkles. See "shaved rabbits", probably on this forum.
I get tons of sun and I'm not wrinkly.
Can you tell us how you eliminate PUFAs from your diet? I'm always confused about this since they seem to be everywhere except milk. (Maybe even there?)

aniciete

Can you tell us how you eliminate PUFAs from your diet? I'm always confused about this since they seem to be everywhere except milk. (Maybe even there?)
Just eliminate vegetable oils and commercial foods. Don’t worry about pufas from good quality eggs, dairy, meats, animals fats, etc.

Wrinkles more than anything has to do with genetics. If your parents had good skin, you generally will have good skin, unless you inherited a recessive gene like my sister did. I got the good skin, she picked up the skin genes that wrinkle. And she’s a red head.

But if you sit out in the sun for hours and hours, you are going to damage your skin regardless if your genes.

Plus you should be eating saturated fat to protect your skin.

SamYo123

no processed junk foods and keep overall fat intake low

Drink skimmed milk over whole milk

Fred

I haven't eliminated them, I just minimize them. Also, Ray has said that vitamin E counteracts PUFA to some degree, so that would probably be another essential element to protecting skin from sun damage. Ray recommends around 100 IU of vitamin E daily ... more is needed as you age.

Like most said, use an occlusive moisturiser like glycerin and also use a good humectant like urea and hyaluronic acid to trap water in the skin under the occlusive. If you have dry and thin skin then using an occlusive without a humectant will dehydrate ya skin in the long run.

i still think a sunscreen is necessary based on everything i have read on skincare(which is a loy)but i know that's just gonna be met with resistance here and condescending rants about studies they've took to the limits of hyperbole to support some of them being so disrupting to the endocrine system that they could feminise a male(lol), so the above bit about moisturisers will at least prevent you from wrinkles, but not things like hyper pigmentation

Last edited:

sunny

Like most said, use an occlusive moisturiser like glycerin and also use a good humectant like urea and hyaluronic acid to trap water in the skin under the occlusive. If you have dry and thin skin then using an occlusive without a humectant will dehydrate ya skin in the long run.

i still think a sunscreen is necessary based on everything i have read on skincare(which is a loy)but i know that's just gonna be met with resistance here and condescending rants about studies they've took to the limits of hyperbole to support some of them being so disrupting to the endocrine system that they could feminise a male(lol), so the above bit about moisturisers will at least prevent you from wrinkles, but not things like hyper pigmentation
Do you have a product with both urea and hyaluronic acid?

SlowWalker

Do you have a product with both urea and hyaluronic acid?
This looks good but pricey

Ingredients List

Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride*, Water, Cholesterol, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate*, Glyceryl Behenate*, Urea, Niacinamide, Glycerin, Glyceryl Caprylate*, Tocopherols (Vitamin E), Caprylhydroxamic Acid*, Camphor, Citrus x Aurantium (Bitter Orange) Fruit Extract (Naringenin et al.), Caffeine, Salicylic Acid, Eugenol, Ubiquinone (CoQ10), Copper Tripeptide-1

Apparently they formulated it with the help of Georgi

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals