Does Sodium Acetate Have The Same Benefits As Sodium Bicarbonate?

Amazoniac

In terms of alkalinization they're similar, however bull**** is straightforward because it's metabolized immediately on reaching the stomach, whereas acetate can be put to uses other than eventually leaving the system as WP2 (waste diproduct). One approach views these as hydrogen iod-consuming processes once either ligand is metabolized; another, considers the appearance of extra sodium, and since hydrogens are also cations, this should change how water is dissociated (H+ and OH−); both decreasing the acidity.

- Water, strong ions, and weak ions
- Has Anyone Tried Sodium Acetate ? (for SIBO?) (read the article rather than the post)

OPEN anesthesiology book , al here and there.

Last edited:

Amazoniac

@Amazoniac Thanks!

What about sodium ascorbate?
They considered sodium acetate only when there was a shortage of bull****. If you're after alkalinization, these alternatives are distracting (and in the case of ascorbate an inferior option because it won't be metabolized to WP2). Baking soda is guaranteed and it's better to dose it in advance of meals in just enough water to not make it objectionable (honey does the trick as well), then wait for appetite to return to eat the meal, this way you don't impair its digestion, avoid imbalances from single minerals taken on empty stomach and prevent the absorption of impurities (especially if foods are solid). They're still management tools, and even though there are exceptional cases, I wouldn't count on them for correction of the underlying problem.

Last edited:
OP
A

Astolfo

@Amazoniac What about long term use? How safe it is? I'm adding a pinc of bicarbonate to my instant coffee (for taste), also mixing 1/3 teaspoon of bicarbonate and 2 tbsp cider vinegar. I drink that mixture daily, I'm not sure if I should do it twice a day or once every two day.

How effective are these actually to get rid of metabolic acidosis? Do they cure something or just symptomatic relief? Does sodium acetate have the same antiinflammatory action which bicarbonate has? (Antiinflammatory Action Of Oral Baking Soda)

Amazoniac

@Amazoniac What about long term use? How safe it is? I'm adding a pinc of bicarbonate to my instant coffee (for taste), also mixing 1/3 teaspoon of bicarbonate and 2 tbsp cider vinegar. I drink that mixture daily, I'm not sure if I should do it twice a day or once every two day.

How effective are these actually to get rid of metabolic acidosis? Do they cure something or just symptomatic relief? Does sodium acetate have the same antiinflammatory action which bicarbonate has? (Antiinflammatory Action Of Oral Baking Soda)
Very safe, usually in terms of purity as well. If you can find the (inexpensive) urine test strips where you live, it may help to guide you on dosing.

In the case of neutralized vinegar, you're just doing in advance instead of having the job done by the pancreatic secretions in the intestine, which increases the tolerance. Acetic acid may also be call'd hydrogen acetate, after neutralization it's replaced by sodium:
- Sodium acetate | PubChem

There are threads on the forum suggesting that these can treat conditions and some miraculous stories are available on the line, but like it was mentioned, I would be expecting from these management, if something else comes, great. The issue probably stems from incomplete metabolism of nutrients and acidity increasing as a consequence.

Plenty of sun exposure is a strong signal against hibernation, it's a good starting place, especially since you reported gut troubles after the medication. Tryptophan absorbs light ('chromophore'), I haven't searched yet for how it works, but you might encounter something relevant.
- "The Primary Sources Of Acidity In The Diet Are Sulfur-containing AAs, Salt, And Phosphoric Acid"

Last edited:
OP
A

Astolfo

@Amazoniac Thanks amazoniac! I already read the topic you posted.

By the way, im gonna say someting incredible.

1 - I was suspecting that my disease is -> Neurodegeneration from chronic ischemia.

This morning, i ate some dark chocolate. 70 grams and %70 cacao solids. That gave me a better vision (larger focal point), better cognitive performance, better motor control and better emotional sense. I "literally" temporarly improved on dark chocolate. The only bad side effect is "Headache".

Now, from what i heard, chocolate improves blood flow. Could be the headache caused by blood flow rebound after sustained hypoxia? Also is that mean im getting "reperfusion injury" every time i take something that increases blood flow?

751EB1CD-1742-4347-963D-FEE1DDCB2E62.jpeg

Or do you think the improvement was from a different thing? Lecitin? Manganese? Copper?

DA34C3D1-440B-436A-B427-B8DD76CB8FCF.png

EF958D0C-801F-49C5-A102-878B1EEEAB34.png

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals