Does salicylic acid dissolve in coconut oil? I want to make 2% salicylic acid for my scalp exfoliation.

AsuraAcademy

I tried salicylic acid 2% moisturizer for my face. It removes dead skin cells. But, the product has liquid Paraffin. I am little afraid of putting it over my scalp. Recently, saw cheap salicylic acid powder and thought of making use of coconut oil and salicylic acid for my scalp. Hoping this exfoliation may get rid of local inflammation on my scalp.

Yann

I tried salicylic acid 2% moisturizer for my face. It removes dead skin cells. But, the product has liquid Paraffin. I am little afraid of putting it over my scalp. Recently, saw cheap salicylic acid powder and thought of making use of coconut oil and salicylic acid for my scalp. Hoping this exfoliation may get rid of local inflammation on my scalp.
I solved my scalp dandruff and inflammation issues using baking soda instead of shampoo. Ray has said that shampoo alone without the additives is an endocrine disrupter. Also, Danny Roddy uses baking soda instead of shampoo. Vitamins A and D have also helped with dandruff and inflammation.

OP
A

AsuraAcademy

you can dissolve it in boiling water.
[/QUOTE]
Thanks man. I will try that but, I think it won't be sufficient for exfoliation as water evaporates pretty quickly. I already use coconut oil regularly and I can feel it's working as occlusive moisturizer. If dissolving salicylic acid in coconut oil is possible, then it will so good and hassle-free.

OP
A

AsuraAcademy

I solved my scalp dandruff and inflammation issues using baking soda instead of shampoo. Ray has said that shampoo alone without the additives is an endocrine disrupter. Also, Danny Roddy uses baking soda instead of shampoo. Vitamins A and D have also helped with dandruff and inflammation.
Thanks for the reply man. I was searching for shampoo alternative all over this forum and didn't found a direct answer. I already tried the baking soda washing and vinegar rinsing method it worked fine for me. I was bit skeptical and want to see some anecdotes of success. Didn't knew Danny Roddy was using it. Now, I can throw away shampoos confidently. Thanks man.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals