Does Ray Peat have an account on this forum?

Sefton10

I think, in principle, Ray would be behind the idea of this forum. He's said numerous times that people need to band together in communities and create their own knowledge away from top-down authority and control. What I think he hates most is that he himself has become an authority here. The meme "Ray Peat diet" that a lot of maniacs end up doing as a result of skimming a couple of threads on here must do his head in. Plus, the fact that the forum carries his name means a lot of people do think it's his forum.

RealNeat

I think, in principle, Ray would be behind the idea of this forum. He's said numerous times that people need to band together in communities and create their own knowledge away from top-down authority and control. What I think he hates most is that he himself has become an authority here. The meme "Ray Peat diet" that a lot of maniacs end up doing as a result of skimming a couple of threads on here must do his head in. Plus, the fact that the forum carries his name means a lot of people do think it's his forum.
Isn't @charlie Ray?

Sunny Jack

I seem to recall in 2015 the makers of that On The Back of a Tiger documentary said that Ray hadn't heard of the forum when they interviewed him.

The only possibly derogatory remark I've seen is last year (2021), where he allegedly replied in an email to forum member Mr. Bollox (currently "Dr. B") who had told him about what some people on "the forums" had said about Peat's recommendations, and Dr. Peat replied with: "Occasionally, phobic ideas about nutrients circulate, including places like the raypeatforum, and milk phobia seems to be a chronic cultural problem" and later "There are lots of insane proposals on the internet, and that forum seems to be meeting its cuota."