Does Ray Peat Believe In Free Will?

OP
Peatogenic

Peatogenic

@Peatogenic do you have his email? Ill pm you it if you want. I was atleast partially joking about being selfish and greedy, id just prefer not to share it because it's slightly personal in nature and I never asked him if he was okay with me sharing it. And obviously I probably didn't word the question the way you or any one else would so it might not be the answer you're looking for anyways.

I have his email, just wanted to check here first

LUH 3417

Ray believes in free will I asked him specifically about this and sam harris' dumb ideas regarding it. He sent me a very long response but I'm not gonna share it because I'm selfish and greedy. The whole idea of talking about free will is a weird mental trap that's hard to get out of. What would be true free will? Making choices that are not based at all on past experiences or physiological needs? i.e. just randomly? Ray thinks of different situations opening up possibilities instead of causality. He particularly has a problem with the Descartes mechanistic view of casuality. He says that organismic causality involves a desired future condition... refrenced Aristotle's "final cause"
Did he talk about teleology at all

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals