Does Pomegranate Have An Endotoxin Lowering Effect?

rayban

Lakewood, POM, and the local grocery brand. I had what I thought was a kidney stone at the time, and I was told pomegranate juice would help. I also mixed it with lemon juice.
Do you know any brands I can buy in europe for pome juice so I can rotate a couple of brands?

Dr. B

Do you know any brands I can buy in europe for pome juice so I can rotate a couple of brands?
Lakewood might ship to you
Its organic not from concentrate. Theres few brands for pom juice like that. There is one turkish brand

Biona, Optima, Pom, couple of others..all of these should be available across Europe. Pomegranate juice is hella expensive to be a regular staple though. I am guessing the anti-endotoxin effect is from the ellagic acid and flavanoids/polyphenols. Wondering if an extract would be enough

Dr. B

Biona, Optima, Pom, couple of others..all of these should be available across Europe. Pomegranate juice is hella expensive to be a regular staple though. I am guessing the anti-endotoxin effect is from the ellagic acid and flavanoids/polyphenols. Wondering if an extract would be enough
life extension sells i think 30 capsules for $30, and each capsule is supposed to be equivalent to 12oz pomegranate juice.
its also a carbonic anhydrase inhibitor and maybe angiotensin inhibitor or something. I was looking into it a lot a few months back, maybe posted something on it.

rayban

How about the juice I posted? at least you are getting some pomegranate.

VitoScaletta

When I was at my worst health, I was insanely sensitive to phytoestrogens, like if I ate any reasonable amount my head would feel like a helium balloon, my Crohn's would flare, my skin would become extra soft for 3 days, I'd feel super lustful in the very specific estrogenic way, and my nipples would get puffy and sensitive within an hour of eating the offending phytoestrogenic food. (I'm a man, btw.)

During that hellacious time, the absolute worst estrogenic reactions I had were to flax (obviously), soy (obvious), and milk thistle.

I mention this because I rarely see people talk about just how estrogenic milk thistle really is.

I later found others, men and women, who reacted to milk thistle the same way, and all needed to find less estrogenic ways of cleansing their liver. (Chinese Medicine fixed me on that front, btw. Their liver-cleansing herbs are bitter but typically without the insane amount of estrogen. And I can now tolerate phytoestrogens fine.)

Anyway, just a warning about milk thistle if you're a hormonal mess like I once was.
Hey thanks for the heads-up!

Dr. B

When I was at my worst health, I was insanely sensitive to phytoestrogens, like if I ate any reasonable amount my head would feel like a helium balloon, my Crohn's would flare, my skin would become extra soft for 3 days, I'd feel super lustful in the very specific estrogenic way, and my nipples would get puffy and sensitive within an hour of eating the offending phytoestrogenic food. (I'm a man, btw.)

During that hellacious time, the absolute worst estrogenic reactions I had were to flax (obviously), soy (obvious), and milk thistle.

I mention this because I rarely see people talk about just how estrogenic milk thistle really is.

I later found others, men and women, who reacted to milk thistle the same way, and all needed to find less estrogenic ways of cleansing their liver. (Chinese Medicine fixed me on that front, btw. Their liver-cleansing herbs are bitter but typically without the insane amount of estrogen. And I can now tolerate phytoestrogens fine.)

Anyway, just a warning about milk thistle if you're a hormonal mess like I once was.
is eating enough protein, avoiding pufa enough to help cleanse the liver and detox estrogen