Does Pomegranate Have An Endotoxin Lowering Effect?

Discussion in 'Beverages, Fruits, Sugars' started by jpgio, Mar 24, 2020.

1. jpgio

jpgio Member

2. GorillaHead

GorillaHead Member

Hmm this is interesting. I am actively looking for the best solution against endotoxin

3. not_James_Bond

not_James_Bond Member

Retired
    @GorillaHead Why not boost your liver with advanced/enhanced milk thistle tabs, Life Extension

4. gately

gately Member

When I was at my worst health, I was insanely sensitive to phytoestrogens, like if I ate any reasonable amount my head would feel like a helium balloon, my Crohn's would flare, my skin would become extra soft for 3 days, I'd feel super lustful in the very specific estrogenic way, and my nipples would get puffy and sensitive within an hour of eating the offending phytoestrogenic food. (I'm a man, btw.)

During that hellacious time, the absolute worst estrogenic reactions I had were to flax (obviously), soy (obvious), and milk thistle.

I mention this because I rarely see people talk about just how estrogenic milk thistle really is.

I later found others, men and women, who reacted to milk thistle the same way, and all needed to find less estrogenic ways of cleansing their liver. (Chinese Medicine fixed me on that front, btw. Their liver-cleansing herbs are bitter but typically without the insane amount of estrogen. And I can now tolerate phytoestrogens fine.)

Anyway, just a warning about milk thistle if you're a hormonal mess like I once was.

5. Fidelio

Fidelio Member

Milk thistle is an androgen antagonist.

6. Mauritio

Mauritio Member

Progesterone ,pregenenolone and emodin are all endotoxin antagonists and have a lot of other benefits .

7. GorillaHead

GorillaHead Member

so what do you suggest?

8. gately

gately Member

I think that greatly depends on the individual and their current health issues / diet / lifestyle. What's going on? Why are you looking for a solution against endotoxin. I might have a variety of ideas, or I might have none, but there's no one size fits all to health.

The Ox Bile thread Beard started might be of interest to you as well, seeing as how that's the first thing that comes to mind.

9. Tarmander

Tarmander Member

Pome and Cranberry both have polyphenols which feed a specific bacteria called Akkermansia.

I recommend researching this bacteria as it is very interesting, but it decreases the permeability of the gut so it makes sense that it can lower endotoxin.

10. Lewis Acid

Lewis Acid Member

11. Lewis Acid

Lewis Acid Member

Vasculoprotective Effects of Pomegranate
    ...in vitro and in vivo studies showed that substances derived from pomegranate reduce oxidative stress and platelet aggregation, diminish lipid uptake by macrophages, positively influence endothelial cell function, and are involved in blood pressure regulation. Clinical studies demonstrated that daily intake of pomegranate juice lessens hypertension and attenuates atherosclerosis in humans.