Does Nutritional Yeast Contain Too Much Estrogen

schultz

Liver?

Some of the vitamins in nutritional yeast are synthetic as well I believe.

OP
ecstatichamster
I eat a lot of liver. I think it's other bennies outweigh the iron. The copper also helps quite a bit with too much iron. If you take aspirin or b1 long term you don't have to worry much about the iron.

Edit: unless you tested high iron or something
yeah and I drink a lot of coffee and avoid vitamin C when I eat liver

What is "a lot of liver"?

And have you tried yeast? I'm just investigating...

Tarmander

yeah and I drink a lot of coffee and avoid vitamin C when I eat liver

What is "a lot of liver"?

And have you tried yeast? I'm just investigating...
I eat about 1-2oz every other day. It also has a little kidney in it, it's not pure liver. I would be much more comfy doing liver long term then yeast long term. Although yeast can have some benefits. I'll be honest I haven't experimented with yeast much, so I can't guide you there. Was just curious why you were avoiding liver

Dave Clark

Does anybody eat the US Wellness liverwurst, etc. recommended by MasterJohn? It is expensive but it is grass fed beef etc., and can be ordered on line. Haven't tried it yet. I think they also blend in kidney, etc. into some of their liverwurst-type products.

dfspcc20

Does anybody eat the US Wellness liverwurst, etc. recommended by MasterJohn? It is expensive but it is grass fed beef etc., and can be ordered on line. Haven't tried it yet. I think they also blend in kidney, etc. into some of their liverwurst-type products.

Yes, mostly because my kids actually eat it.
Their liverwurst is a mixture of grass-fed beef trim (50%), liver (20%), heart (15%), and kidney (15%). The braunschweiger is a 60/40 mix of grass-fed trim and grass-fed beef liver.

If I had the time, I'd explore trying to make it myself.

L

lollipop

It is simply the BEST ever!! Yummmmmmy.

A.R

Recently experimenting with brewers yeast, definitely feeling positive effects with digestion and energy. Although the estrogenic effects are very noticeable for me personally (hot flashes etc

Apparently the yeast is supposed to be very bitter, however the one I have has more of a nutty taste. Maybe the more bitter yeast has less estrogenic effects

ANDREW CHIN

postman

Thanks for the link. I checked out the estrogen numbers (appx. 800ng in 1.5kg of yeast), and it seems to be fairly low, esp. when compared to to whole soybeans (103,920 micrograms per 100g). This is a relief, because I depend on nutritional yeast to add flavor to my dishes. :)
bioidentical estrogen vs a weaker phytoestrogen?

burtlancast

Yeast, along with dessicated liver and wheat germ were known as excellent cancer preventive foods.

ANDREW CHIN

bioidentical estrogen vs a weaker phytoestrogen?

It's beta-17 estradiol, which, according to Harvard Health, is bioidentical. :)

Yes, the estrogens in soy are considered weaker, i.e., daidzein and genistein.

However, the difference between 800 nanograms in 1.5kg vs. 103,000 micrograms in 100g is staggering (it take 1,000 nanograms to make 1 microgram).

Last edited:

Josh

It's beta-17 estradiol, which, according to Harvard Health, is bioidentical. :)

Yes, the estrogens in soy are considered weaker, i.e., daidzein and genistein.

However, the difference between 800 nanograms in 1.5kg vs. 103,000 micrograms in 100g is staggering (it take 1,000 nanograms to make 1 microgram).

So it sounds like the amount of estrogen is extremely low? I'm taking 5g a day MAXIMUM, normally like 2g. Is that okay for estrogen?

Dave Clark

Does anyone know if it is myth or fact that consuming yeast products contribute to fungal growth or yeast infections? I would think not, and have read that it is a myth, but wanted to ask the knowledgeable people on this forum. Thanks.

Inaut

Does anyone know if it is myth or fact that consuming yeast products contribute to fungal growth or yeast infections? I would think not, and have read that it is a myth, but wanted to ask the knowledgeable people on this forum. Thanks.
I’ve been using nutritional yeast with mb and really like the effects. I’m far less concerned with estrogenic effects then I a am with iron.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals