Does Never Having Had The Flu And No Flu Vaccine Indicate One Would Weather COVID Well?

Peatogenic

I know it can't be said for certain, but still curious. I've never been tested for flu, but I've never had extreme flu symptoms. I get a cold maybe once a year, precipitated by a normal fever for a day and then cough, etc. for a couple weeks. It always seems very mild, if not annoying.

LeeLemonoil

Having had no flu-shot before is certainly a plus. You have more native and „naive“ T-cells that aren’t year for year primed to flu viruses.

I doubt that never having serious flu before (me neither) is per se a plus. The serious influenza isn’t caused by corona viruses.

Having had corona-virus causes flu like conditions and having weathered them well might be a plus. Here in Germany newer research indicates that there is likely a „bsckground“-crossimmunity. Meaning your immunity might be better able to handle SarsCov2 to an extent if you have had Beta-corona family infections before.
But it’s preliminary research

gaze

if you havn't got sick badly in a long time, corona will be no threat to you, unless you havn't been getting sick from immune suppressants like fish oil.

Regina

Having had no flu-shot before is certainly a plus. You have more native and „naive“ T-cells that aren’t year for year primed to flu viruses.

I doubt that never having serious flu before (me neither) is per se a plus. The serious influenza isn’t caused by corona viruses.

Having had corona-virus causes flu like conditions and having weathered them well might be a plus. Here in Germany newer research indicates that there is likely a „bsckground“-crossimmunity. Meaning your immunity might be better able to handle SarsCov2 to an extent if you have had Beta-corona family infections before.
But it’s preliminary research
Do you of any protection in the case of anthrax release?

we don't know what causes 80% of flu like sickness. Covid-19 may (probably) not be causing these illnesses attributed to it either.

Maljam

I know it can't be said for certain, but still curious. I've never been tested for flu, but I've never had extreme flu symptoms. I get a cold maybe once a year, precipitated by a normal fever for a day and then cough, etc. for a couple weeks. It always seems very mild, if not annoying.

The average age of death from coronavirus is approximately 80-85 years old. You are either a very young looking 85 in your profile picture, or you will be fine. People that catch it may feel unwell, but do people expect to never catch another illness ever again? There are so many thing in the world that people can catch and feel unwell.

Without comorbidities, diabetes, a lung disease, high blood pressure (or maybe just taking the drugs related to high blood pressure), cancer, obesity, being 85 years old, people are extremely unlikely to die.

Last edited:
If you are flu naive, you will form a better defense against flu than if you’ve had it before. Original antigenic sin is why.

https://www.pnas.org/content/117/29/17221

Immunity to influenza viruses can be long-lived, but reinfections with antigenically distinct viral strains and subtypes are common. Reinfections can boost antibody responses against viral strains first encountered in childhood through a process termed “original antigenic sin.” It is unknown how initial childhood exposures affect the induction of antibodies against the hemagglutinin (HA) stalk domain of influenza viruses. This is an important consideration since broadly reactive HA stalk antibodies can protect against infection, and universal vaccine platforms are being developed to induce these antibodies. Here we show that experimentally infected ferrets and naturally infected humans establish strong “immunological imprints” against HA stalk antigens first encountered during primary influenza virus infections. We found that HA stalk antibodies are surprisingly boosted upon subsequent infections with antigenically distinct influenza A virus subtypes. Paradoxically, these heterosubtypic-boosted HA stalk antibodies do not bind efficiently to the boosting influenza virus strain. Our results demonstrate that an individual’s HA stalk antibody response is dependent on the specific subtype of influenza virus that they first encounter early in life. We propose that humans are susceptible to heterosubtypic influenza virus infections later in life since these viruses boost HA stalk antibodies that do not bind efficiently to the boosting antigen.

A definite plus.

haidut

Forum Supporter
we don't know what causes 80% of flu like sickness. Covid-19 may (probably) not be causing these illnesses attributed to it either.

In majority of the cases, it is probably caused by endotoxin. In fact, the symptoms of the "flu" can be reproduced with 100% overlap by simply administering a small doses of endotoxin.
The "Flu" May Be Simply A Sign/Symptom Of Elevated Endotoxin
Proof That Flu Like Symptoms Are From Endotoxins (not Necessarily Flu)

Most viruses can also produce the symptoms of the "flu" independently of endotoxin, but it is the endpoint mediators like serotonin, histamine, NO, and elevated FFA that produce the actual symptoms. So, you can think of the "virus" as just a form of EXO-toxin that can produce the same effects as ENDO-toxin. Both types of toxins activate the HPA in an identical fashion/mechanism. Cellular debris from elevated cortisol/prolactin can do the same.
Stress As The Underlying Cause Behind ALL Chronic Diseases
How Chronic Stress (cortisol) Causes Disease
Stress (cortisol) Can Cause ANY Autoimmune Condition By Disrupting Gut Barrier

So, instead of chasing an endless number of viruses to develop a vaccine for each (notice how this is identical to the hunt for the "good" and "bad" single genes genetic medicine has pursued for a century), medicine could achieve more overnight than the entire vaccine industry over a century by simply recommending a little charcoal and some aspirin/cyproheptadine at the onset of such "flu" symptoms.

In majority of the cases, it is probably caused by endotoxin. In fact, the symptoms of the "flu" can be reproduced with 100% overlap by simply administering a small doses of endotoxin.

Most viruses can also produce the symptoms of the "flu" independently of endotoxin, but it is the endpoint mediators like serotonin, histamine, NO, and elevated FFA that produce the actual symptoms. So, you can think of the "virus" as just a form of EXO-toxin that can produce the same effects as ENDO-toxin. Both types of toxins activate the HPA in an identical fashion/mechanism. Cellular debris from elevated cortisol/prolactin can do the same.
Stress As The Underlying Cause Behind ALL Chronic Diseases
How Chronic Stress (cortisol) Causes Disease
Stress (cortisol) Can Cause ANY Autoimmune Condition By Disrupting Gut Barrier

So, instead of chasing an endless number of viruses to develop a vaccine for each (notice how this is identical to the hunt for the "good" and "bad" single genes genetic medicine has pursued for a century), medicine could achieve more overnight than the entire vaccine industry over a century by simply recommending a little charcoal and some aspirin/cyproheptadine at the onset of such "flu" symptoms.

yes but just keep "testing" people sick with endotoxins and magically you will discover Covid-19 as the cause!

haidut

Forum Supporter
yes but just keep "testing" people sick with endotoxins and magically you will discover Covid-19 as the cause!

Of course, and the "beauty" of it (at least for the pharma industry) is that since any virus can cause those symptoms you can keep testing people continuously and every season/year discover a new virus causing the non-specific-endotoxin-related-illness, and instead of addressing the general endotoxin angle focus on the specific virus that needs specific antiviral drugs and vaccines against it. Brilliant! Guaranteed Pharma revenue/profit forever!

RealNeat

@haidut "So, you can think of the "virus" as just a form of EXO-toxin that can produce the same effects as ENDO-toxin."

I like that. It's amazing how what Ray has been saying since forever applies perfectly to this "novel" situation.

tankasnowgod

Jon Rappoport wrote an article on this very thing as well-

Welcome to the Medical Matrix: the Flu isn’t the Flu « Jon Rappoport's Blog

"There are many propaganda operations surrounding the flu. Here I just want to boil down a few boggling facts.

Dr. Peter Doshi, writing in the online BMJ (British Medical Journal), reveals one monstrosity.

As Doshi states, every year, hundreds of thousands of respiratory samples are taken from flu patients in the US and tested in labs. Here is the kicker: only a small percentage of these samples show the presence of a flu virus.

This means: most of the people in America who are diagnosed by doctors with the flu have no flu virus in their bodies.

So they don’t have the flu."

The Peter Doshi paper he refers to is this one-

Influenza: marketing vaccine by marketing disease

lvysaur

Never had a flu vaccine, I think I last had a "flu" in spring of 2018.

I'm still dealing with long haul COVID symptoms in September 2020, started in March 2020. I'm open to various theories on what's actually causing it--I've tested COV2 negative about 20 times.

The chance of testing negative goes down drastically with time, and my first test was about 2 weeks after the initial symptoms.

I have no idea if the virus/exosome is still in my body, or if the illness changed my immuno-modulatory profile, or what. What I know for certain is that amoxicillin eliminates most symptoms.

sladerunner69

Yes: this would unequivocally indicate an effective immunity to all forms of COVID 19, indubitably.