Does more dhea equal more dht?

Ideal man

I remember a few years ago i took dhea high doses around 250mgs and had an outstanding libido and excellent EQ im assuming it was from dht being increased, each time i go low dhea 5-25mgs i don't notice much could the higher doses be boosting my dht levels? I've read some pfs syndrome forums and one guy said 200mgs of dhea gave him hard morning wood again and i know dht is connected with nocturnal erections, my case is different i have a left side vericocele i know some guys here have cured it using proviron i was wondering would the extra dht from high dhea dosing help my issue here's the stack im thinking about running:

Dhea
Vitamins A,D,K,E
Shilajit
Mucuna
Thyroid
Zinc/magnesium

Im desperate to fix my vericocele please tell me is this stack a good idea for my situation

jaype

I could be wrong but that high dose is probably raising estrogen more than DHT. Per some posts that I've seen in this forum, higher than 15mg doses will likely convert more to estrogen than testosterone/dht. Estrogen is greatly involved in libido, some people here that use AI's have reported crashed libido

OP
Ideal man

Ideal man

I could be wrong but that high dose is probably raising estrogen more than DHT. Per some posts that I've seen in this forum, higher than 15mg doses will likely convert more to estrogen than testosterone/dht. Estrogen is greatly involved in libido, some people here that use AI's have reported crashed libido
Maybe it was the Estrogen being boosted ?

iso1

Dhea in larger doses compete with DHT for AR binding, which means you end up in weaker androgenic state. It will also most likely to convert into E2 with larger doses.

OP
Ideal man

Ideal man

Dhea in larger doses compete with DHT for AR binding, which means you end up in weaker androgenic state. It will also most likely to convert into E2 with larger doses.
So what do you suggest for my issue

miraddo

Finasteride has been shown to create severe hypothyroidism. As we know people who tend to lose scalp hair are already hypothyroid, once Finasteride is taken this gets way worse.

I myself have been on finasteride and suffered really bad effects and it was only when I began taking larger amounts of thyroid (1 Cynoplus & 2-3 Cynomel tablets ie 120mcg T4 & 75-100mcg T3 PER DAY) that genuine well-being and sexual function returned.

Obviously with this high amount of thyroid, all my dietary requirements have increased to include whole food sources like 2 litres of milk, orange juice, oysters 2-3 times per week and weekly ruminant liver. Supplementing thyroid along with those whole food sources helps the nutrients to be put in the structure.

The supplements I take nowadays that i've found to be quite helpful are large blobs of Progesterone before bed weekly, Coffee 2 cups/day, Aspirin 2-3g/day, Taurine 2g/day, Calcium Carbonate 2g/day, 10 drops/day of Pyrucet & 2-3 cans of Coca-Cola or Red Bull per day amongst other things.

Last edited:
OP
Ideal man

Ideal man

Finasteride has been shown to create severe hypothyroidism. As we know people who tend to lose scalp hair are already hypothyroid, once Finasteride is taken this gets way worse.

I myself have been on finasteride and suffered really bad effects and it was only when I began taking larger amounts of thyroid (1 Cynoplus & 2-3 Cynomel tablets ie 120mcg T4 & 75-100mcg T3 PER DAY) that genuine well-being and sexual function returned.

Obviously with this high amount of thyroid, all my dietary requirements have increased to include whole food sources like 2 litres of milk, orange juice, oysters 2-3 times per week and weekly ruminant liver. Supplementing thyroid along with those whole food sources helps these nutrients be properly utilised.

The supplements I take nowadays are Coffee 2 cups/day, Aspirin 2-3g/day, Taurine 2g/day, Calcium Carbonate 2g/day, 2-3 cans of Coca-Cola or Red Bull per day.
Wait so your saying Thyroid fixed your pfs syndrome?

miraddo

Wait so your saying Thyroid fixed your pfs syndrome?
Yes. Finasteride severely hampered my refractory period. I believe increasing thyroid (along with nutrition) helped get me out of that state.

This makes sense because lowering DHT synthesis causes severe hypothryoidism. See below thread from Georgi.

Dr. B

Obviously with this high amount of thyroid, all my dietary requirements have increased to include whole food sources like 2 litres of milk, orange juice, oysters 2-3 times per week and weekly ruminant liver. Supplementing thyroid along with those whole food sources helps the nutrients to be put in the structure.

The supplements I take nowadays that i've found to be quite helpful are large blobs of Progesterone before bed weekly, Coffee 2 cups/day, Aspirin 2-3g/day, Taurine 2g/day, Calcium Carbonate 2g/day, 10 drops/day of Pyrucet & 2-3 cans of Coca-Cola or Red Bull per day amongst other things.

did you notice hair loss or weight gain or other side effects from that much thyroid.
how much orange juice are you taking in?
what do you eat on a day to day basis besides milk and OJ? since that wouldnt provide much in calories and protein.
is the progesterone a large blob consumed daily?
also what is the reasoning for so much taurine, calcium carbonate, and whats the pyrucet for? cant these substances cause side effects on their own, as well as imbalances in other nutrients/amino acids in the case of taurine and calcium carb? taurine seems to increase hypothyroid type symptoms

miraddo

did you notice hair loss or weight gain or other side effects from that much thyroid.
how much orange juice are you taking in?
what do you eat on a day to day basis besides milk and OJ? since that wouldnt provide much in calories and protein.
is the progesterone a large blob consumed daily?
also what is the reasoning for so much taurine, calcium carbonate, and whats the pyrucet for? cant these substances cause side effects on their own, as well as imbalances in other nutrients/amino acids in the case of taurine and calcium carb? taurine seems to increase hypothyroid type symptoms
No I haven't experienced any negative symtoms from that much thyroid, because i've gone by what my body has needed, if it needed less it would be less. But if it needs this much than it wont experience any sides. I do see a very gradual reduction in how much I require and I would put this down to PUFA detoxification through saturated fat intake as well as TocoVit, and my tissues gradually getting used to using sugar again.

I've experimented with quite a few supplements and these are the ones i've settled into in the last few weeks, it may change if things change but I feel great at the moment. I only recently started with Taurine and calcium carbonate but they are looking great so far.

Taurine increases cholesterol uptake in the testes and therefore increases androgen synthesis(this might be great for varicocele by the way). It helps to offset the effects of fluoride in the water supply/beverages.

Calcium lowers parathyroid hormone - which has deleterous effects on hair growth - so calcium carbonate helps me reach my 2-3g per day target because sometimes I can't drink 2-3 litres of milk. I also use Vitamin K2 (MK-4) and vitamin D to help get the calcium into the bones, each of these also has prositive, androgen modulating effects.

Obviously it would be too time consuming to include my whole diet. But I will say that I aim for 1-5-2g protein/kg per day using low-fat milk, cheese, eggs, lamb, beef, lamb liver, oysters and double that in sugars through juice, coke, red bull etc.

Hopefully that helps.

Last edited:

miraddo

Another thing to consider, Hans has a good article which contains great research threads on how to solve this issue for yourself.

Dr. B

No I haven't experienced any negative symtoms from that much thyroid, because i've gone by what my body has needed, if it needed less it would be less. But if it needs this much than it wont experience any sides. I do see a very gradual reduction in how much I require and I would put this down to PUFA detoxification through saturated fat intake as well as TocoVit, and my tissues gradually getting used to using sugar again.

I've experimented with quite a few supplements and these are the ones i've settled into in the last few weeks, it may change if things change but I feel great at the moment. I only recently started with Taurine and calcium carbonate but they are looking great so far.

Taurine increases cholesterol uptake in the testes and therefore increases androgen synthesis(this might be great for varicocele by the way). It helps to offset the effects of fluoride in the water supply/beverages.

Calcium lowers parathyroid hormone - which has deleterous effects on hair growth - so calcium carbonate helps me reach my 2-3g per day target because sometimes I can't drink 2-3 litres of milk. I also use Vitamin K2 (MK-4) and vitamin D to help get the calcium into the bones, each of these also has prositive, androgen modulating effects.

Obviously it would be too time consuming to include my whole diet. But I will say that I aim for 1-5-2g protein/kg per day using low-fat milk, cheese, eggs, lamb, beef, lamb liver, oysters and double that in sugars through juice, coke, red bull etc.

Hopefully that helps.
ah interesting.
do you think if beverages are limited to only whole milk, organic OJ, organic coconut water, there would be much less need for taurine? id imagine fluoride content is much less with those beverages than obviously with the redbulls/cokes which use fluoridated water?

miraddo

ah interesting.
do you think if beverages are limited to only whole milk, organic OJ, organic coconut water, there would be much less need for taurine? id imagine fluoride content is much less with those beverages than obviously with the redbulls/cokes which use fluoridated water?
It's definitely not compulsory, but it's a really great supplement overall. Some people do feel a bit tired after taurine but based on what we know that's not necessarily a bad thing, like progesterone's effects in higher doses. It just means taking it before bed might be better for you.

Nemo

I remember a few years ago i took dhea high doses around 250mgs and had an outstanding libido and excellent EQ im assuming it was from dht being increased, each time i go low dhea 5-25mgs i don't notice much could the higher doses be boosting my dht levels? I've read some pfs syndrome forums and one guy said 200mgs of dhea gave him hard morning wood again and i know dht is connected with nocturnal erections, my case is different i have a left side vericocele i know some guys here have cured it using proviron i was wondering would the extra dht from high dhea dosing help my issue here's the stack im thinking about running:

Dhea
Vitamins A,D,K,E
Shilajit
Mucuna
Thyroid
Zinc/magnesium

Im desperate to fix my vericocele please tell me is this stack a good idea for my situation

See this thread, Paul:

You want progesterone with DHEA, but much smaller doses of DHEA. You can use a high ratio of progesterone to DHEA.

You're likely converting DHEA to estrogen, which Ray has compared to cocaine in its effects.

ChopSuey

Interesting, curious to how long it took you to build up to that thyroid dose? I have similar symptoms and clearly hypothyroid but seem to run into problems when I try to bump the dose.

miraddo

Interesting, curious to how long it took you to build up to that thyroid dose? I have similar symptoms and clearly hypothyroid but seem to run into problems when I try to bump the dose.
I was taking only around 1/4 Cynoplus daily for a year or so starting end of 2018. There were no dramatic improvements in health on this dose but I was very anxious to increase it and even stopped at one point.

Early 2020 I was not feeling very well most days (a couple years post fin, recently had aluminum loaded HepB vaccine, and a foolish albeit short term fish oil experiment) so I decided to trial increasing my Cynoplus dose and ordered Cynomel as well. I slowly built up over a month or so whilst monitoring how I felt and taking temperature.

I will also say that slowly depleting PUFA, which a thyroid & vitamin E supplement do, as well as depleting Iron, which long term low-fat milk and aspirin do, have had really positive effects.

I feel like a kid again!

Last edited:

rr1

I was taking only around 1/4 Cynoplus daily for a year or so starting end of 2018. There were no dramatic improvements in health on this dose but I was very anxious to increase it and even stopped at one point.

Early 2020 I was not feeling very well most days (a couple years post fin, recently had aluminum loaded HepB vaccine, and a foolish albeit short term fish oil experiment) so I decided to trial increasing my Cynoplus dose and ordered Cynomel as well. I slowly built up over a month or so whilst monitoring how I felt and taking temperature.

I will also say that slowly depleting PUFA, which a thyroid & vitamin E supplement do, as well as depleting Iron, which long term low-fat milk and aspirin do, have had really positive effects.

I feel like a kid again!
Sorry if I missed it, but do you take vitamin K? Is so which product/dosing. Thanks and thanks for sharing your story

miraddo

Sorry if I missed it, but do you take vitamin K? Is so which product/dosing. Thanks and thanks for sharing your story
I use Thorne vitamin K2 MK-4 or Kuinone around 6-10 drops topically daily (12-20mg).

Dr. B

I feel like a kid again!
is it specific to lowfat milk or would whole milk also deplete the iron. also i thought milk helps utilize and absorb iron, due to lactoferrin or something

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom