Does Milk Ever Taste Sweet To You?

lvysaur

Something I've noticed for a long time is that under a good metabolism, the taste of milk changes. It becomes sweet, almost like I can taste the lactose in it. During a temporarily bad metabolism, the milk just tastes watery and chalky.

brix

When I crave milk, it’s very sweet. Almost like a dessert. Especially whole milk.

milkboi

Yep it almost always does for me. Not so pronounced when I‘ve eaten something very sweet beforehand. I don‘t know if it really points to a good metabolism tho, because mine is still pretty sh*t. I also remember that when I fasted during my keto times even sparkling water with some lemon tasted sweet to me lol.

Arnold Grape

I had this sensation the other day with Grass Fed Whole Milk, which I have not really noticed before. Thought that I received a sweet batch

theLaw

I experience this with organic whole milk, and it's even more pronounced with Grass-Fed.

I also find that just a small bit of fruit juice after a glass of whole milk is enough to digest the protein comfortably.

somuch4food

I've noticed this recently. I'm currently drinking lactose free whole milk.

Sometimes, it tastes sweet and other times, not so much. I'm guessing that when it tastes sweet it's a sign my body actually wants it.

Tenacity

It does taste sweet, and it tastes sweeter the more intense a craving is, but less sweet when consumed after fruit.

OP
lvysaur

lvysaur

I've noticed this recently. I'm currently drinking lactose free whole milk.

That would probably simply be due to the free glucose/galactose in the milk.

Also for the record I'm talking about the same milk, even the same single carton of milk, tasting different depending on your state

somuch4food

That would probably simply be due to the free glucose/galactose in the milk.

Also for the record I'm talking about the same milk, even the same single carton of milk, tasting different depending on your state

I didn't mention it specifically, but I got different sweetness from the same carton too.

Runenight201

Very rarely is it ever sweet enough for me. I usually always put sugar in it, and that makes it absolutely delicious for me.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals