Does Milk Cause Mucus?

Carrum

Anything made from milk will do the same to me. It takes me 3 days to get rid of the mucous.
I've tried milk, yogurt, cream, butter and butter milk. All give me the same problem. I gave up experimenting with them years ago.

Waynish

Collective experience shows dairy isn't for everyone, but no one has really shown why as far as I can tell. There seems to be an immune component that launches anti-dairy folks, understandably, into the "dairy is designed to grow a calf into a cow."

raypeatclips

Collective experience shows dairy isn't for everyone, but no one has really shown why as far as I can tell. There seems to be an immune component that launches anti-dairy folks, understandably, into the "dairy is designed to grow a calf into a cow."

I was under the impression it was digestion that was responsible for not handling dairy. I.e a poor digestion resulting in an inability to regulate gut bacteria (probably caused by thyroid issues) I remember reading about a few people in the Peat sphere being able to digest milk again following a course of antibiotics. Also people who have increased their metabolism can begin to take milk again.

OP
ecstatichamster
I normally do okay with milk. I think it is a slight allergen and in hay fever season is too much burden on the body.

TibRex

There are two types of milk from cows. One type causes mucus, the other doesn't. Unfortunately, milk labels don't tell give us this information. So, it's safe to just avoid cow's milk and switch to goat's milk or other kinds of milk. I get to choose from regular cow's milk, and milk from goats and milk from water buffaloes (the source for mozzarella cheese).

I personally have no allergic reaction nor develop mucus from any milk, but had to choose goat's milk as the milk to use when my dad had a lot of phegm. Goat milk doesn't taste as good as cow's milk, and milk from water buffaloes is the tastiest.

I read (can't remember where exactly) some time back that if you add apple juice to the milk, it will prevent or stop the mucus forming. Hope this helps. I've not tried it as I do not experience the mucus problem

Xisca

I once read a good article explaining the difference between modern and tradicional ecological milk. Written by an ecological breeder when started the ideology that milk was for calves. Or lambs etc.
Animals eating grass also have milk with CLA.
With bad Gut, we have problem to make CLA. ..

GorillaHead

Can confirm. After not drinking milk for a while. My gut started producing way more mucus. I wonder why.

Milkprotein-consumption, be it milk or cheese,is giving me reliable and dose-dependent
cystic or nodular-acne bouts.

lampofred

RP said mucus is caused by excess TSH. I think if FFA/estrogen is high or if vitamin D is low, preventing calcium absorption, then the tryptophan in milk will convert into serotonin instead of niacin and increase TSH. And all fat increases TSH by nature.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals